Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

15 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I had one... but that was a weird one.

You had two actually. I was in QF46 and complaining that the mobbing on you didn't make sense and was likely hostile-driven. And then I used you as bait in LG68 and caused more confusion, sorry :P 

But I'm not playing this time. I will scream at people PMing me to try to get me to do moderate analysis. I understand if y'all need to mob me over that, and accept the consequences, but I am not in this game for any serious or partially-serious play :P

I'd low-key say I'm playing like 2014 Kas would but that guy had no chill, so >>

Edited by Kasimir

Just now, Kasimir said:

You had two actually. I was in QF46 and complaining that the mobbing on you didn't make sense and was likely hostile-driven. And then I used you as bait and caused more confusion, sorry :P 

But I'm not playing this time. I will scream at people PMing me to try to get me to do moderate analysis. I understand if y'all need to mob me over that, and accept the consequences, but I am not in this game for any serious or partially-serious play :P

I'd low-key say I'm playing like 2014 Kas would but that guy had no chill, so >>

Wait, was QF46 the hornet game?

Just now, Ventyl said:

Wait, was QF46 the hornet game?

El's Jeskeri game. Village, half-Village, Elims. Three-way throwdown. Ash probably doesn't remember because we were both Korathi and the most I did that game was to find Cultists, which...wasn't our wincon, lmao sorry :P 

2 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

I can't believe that record got beaten so quickly XD I thought we were gonna go down in SE history... 

PM me one LG and we'll give it a go. Could try for 2k ;) Better switch off your email notifications, Sart! :P Or, y'know, I'm sorry.

Edited by Kasimir

5 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I'm going to try for the quiet, RPful game I wanted. As Sarge has got the analytical angle covered, I feel like it's fine for me to step back into the shadows and RP and chill :P Please don't look to me for extensive logic or reasoning. I just want to have fun since an old friend is playing :) 

So we have Laidback!Kas and Analytical!Alv?  All we need now is Threadtalking!Burnt and this really will be the Twilight Zone.

This is going to be a fun game.  You lot are in for a treat with 2014 Kas around.

Frederick Kerr, son of Alfred and Denise Kerr, Rithmatist of Dakote, younger brother of Duncan Kerr, sat around the dwindling campfire of their small camp, worried about how he had got here. He had followed his older brother, despite his own fears, to the frontlines. It was a miracle of the Master himself that he had survived as long as he did. He wasn't a particularly good Rithmatist, but times had been hard lately. Duncan had sent odd letters back home, telling of a fierce battles with the wild chalklings on the frontlines, of betrayal and intrigue and plots. It had frightened Frederick, but if Duncan could handle all of this, then Frederick could. And he would be there for his older brother.

~

I'm really looking forward to playing this game, and RPing with @Kasimir!

Ahhhhhh forget it

Joshua is making a reappearance after his drastic fail of a FFA. I’m in. I’ve been putting this off long enough and I know I said I’d sit this one out but y’all look like you’re gonna have too much fun :P

@Sart you put Lotus' RP character as Condensation's :P Condensation's is Connie.

Also, thought I'd say that I won't be as invested/active in this game as I normally am, as I wasn't really even going to play it in the first place... so don't expect too much out of me.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ashbringer said:

Faleast isn't necessarily possessed by a Forgotten this time, but I'll sign up.

Are there any non-Rithmatist Eliminators? Or will all Eliminators be Forgotten and therefore have Rithmatist powers?

All Eliminators are Forgotten. Unfortunately, that means the Non-Rithmatist is a confirmed good role, which I don't like. Therefore, I am making one minor change to the rules. If the Non-Rithmatist receives a Shadowblaze, they become a Forgotten, and their win condition changes accordingly.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:41 PM, Quinn0928 said:

Okay time for questions about rules:

Are the Thief and the Non-Rithmatist unique roles, or can there be more than one of each?

If/when a Non-Rithmatist gets a Shadowblaze, do they consume the Shadowblaze in the process of becoming a Rithmatist, or do they keep it and add 1 to the camp's defense?

It says the strength of the camp's Defense resets every Night; what does it reset to? 

Does the Lantern inform you of how much defense the camp had every night, or just the ones that you have the Lantern for (that is, does it tell you the Defense strength for past Nights once you get it)?

Can you be protected from the effects of trying to grab a Gun when too many other people also try? (if someone uses a Line of Forbiddance on you that turn, for example). Are deaths from the Wild Chalkling Hoard or from a Gun free-for-all differentiated from other attacks in the write-up?

If you have a Specialization in Lines of Vigor (so your target wouldn't realize they were roleblocked) but you target someone whose action would give them information (Spring-Powered Crab, Line of Making, etc.) it... would still be obvious to that person that they were roleblocked, right? They won't be fed false info or anything?

I think that's all for now. @Sart

They are unique roles.

The Shadowblaze is consumed.

It resets to zero.

It only tells you the Defense for nights when you had the Lantern. It does not work retroactively.

You cannot be protected from the free-for-all Gun struggle. Kills will be differentiated in the write up.

They will be fed false information. Namely, that their target took no action and has no items.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:04 AM, Mist said:

If you need a player, I'll play. 

Expect a different playstyle. I won't make reads lists, but I'll post reads.

I'm not sure if you're signing up or not. @Mist we have enough players, but you're more than welcome to hop in.

On 1/21/2021 at 0:30 AM, Burnt Spaghetti said:

First question

You said open pms

does that mean

group pms? *hopeful kitten eyes*

Yes, that means group PMs. Make sure to include both myself and the IM @Elandera in all PMs you make.

As a reminder the game starts in less than 24 hours. Good luck everyone.

9 hours ago, Alvron said:

So we have Laidback!Kas and Analytical!Alv?  All we need now is Threadtalking!Burnt and this really will be the Twilight Zone.

This is going to be a fun game.  You lot are in for a treat with 2014 Kas around.

@Burnt Spaghetti Care to join the reversals? :P Let's go full twilight zone.

2014 Kas had no chill, man. Comes from signing up to games with you, Wilson, Wyrm, and Awes around, and awareness of how endangered I was on the SErengeti :P I'm totally channelling his attitude towards PMs though. What are PMs we don't do that here what are trusts never heard of them roleclaims? excuse you not in my PMs >:) 

"Not you again," said the quartermaster, wearily, which Duncan thought was pretty unfair.

Wasn't as if there was a shortage of anything to drink, and he was pretty sure the quartermaster was holding up five fingers so he wasn't all that drunk yet, just buzzed enough to feel the beginnings of the world going hazy at the edges.

(Good. He wanted that. The haze was pleasant, and everything felt fine. No wild chalklings, no Nebrask, no memories. He could go someplace else, someplace where they'd never find him, where they'd never—)

"I just want a drink, man," Duncan said. He wasn't even slurring his words yet, which he took to be a good sign. "Take some of the edge off."

Functional. He was still functional. Maybe that was why they'd sent him out yet again. Because he was broken, but not broken enough, and that was all that mattered to them, even when those hazy mornings came and it was all he could do, lying on his back and feeling the crushing certainty that nothing was ever going to be okay again.

Ever.

(Wyatt. He should never have trusted him, should he? And now it wasn't going to come right again.)

"Listen," said the quartermaster, pinching the bridge of his nose with two or three fingers. Duncan wasn't terribly sure. "Go and wash up and get some water. Sober up. This isn't the time to come apart on us, Kerr. Not with the—"

"I know," Duncan said tersely, and his chalk-hand wasn't shaking.

The quartermaster sighed. "One drink," he warned. "No more. You get through this, you're dry for the rest of the day. I know what you're going through, but we need every man right now, and I'm not running a bar here."

You don't, Duncan wanted to snap. Instead, "Fine," he said, and accepted the bottle. Cheap spirits, enough to burn his throat and take some of the muchness of the world off, shove a little of that load off his shoulders, but it was better than nothing. He stalked off to go clean up.

Edited by Kasimir

6 hours ago, Alvron said:

Guess I'll try and fly above the radar this time, since everyone is feeling like changing things up.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Guess I'll try and fly above the radar this time, since everyone is feeling like changing things up.

Mr. Invisible is going to be visible?  This really is the twilight zone.  :o