Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

The wild chalklings were everywhere. They hit the soldiers like a tsunami, breaking all defenses in a matter of minutes. The cause of this devastation quickly became apparent. Several Rithmatists had become corrupted, and had turned into the nefarious Forgotten. They had placed themselves in positions of power, and had used their authority to undermine the defense. Many Rithmatists lost their lives that day. One group managed to form a defensive perimeter around themselves. Surrounded on all sides, panic transformed into paranoia. Were any Forgotten still among them? Could anyone be trusted, on this darkest of days? The group did not know, but resolved to rout out any Forgotten still left. Then, and only then, could they push back against the horde surrounding them. It was a desperate hour, and the Rithmatists needed all the help they could get.

Welcome to Long Game 73. I'm Sart, your GM. This is a rerun of Long Game 57, but now all the secrets are revealed.

Rules:

Spoiler

The Basics:

Spoiler
  • This game follows a typical Day-Night cycle, with 48 hour Days and 24 hour Nights
  • PMs are open. Make sure to include both myself and the Impartial Moderator in them. Making PMs does not require an action.
  • Every Day Turn, a court martial will be held to eliminate one player. There is no vote minimum, and ties will be decided randomly.
  • Each Day Turn, players can take one action. This includes taking from the Camp Supply, a list of items available to all players.
  • Each Night Turn, all players may take one action.
  • Every Night, Wild Chalklings will attack the camp, and must be fended off.

Roles:

Spoiler
  • Rithmatist: They win when all the Forgotten are dead. Each Rithmatist starts the game with a Piece of Chalk.
  • Forgotten: They win when the Camp is Overrun for the third time. Each Forgotten starts the game with a Piece of Chalk. They have a standard Elim doc and kill.
  • Thief: You’ve wanted to desert for a while now, but you’ll need a lot of cash to start a new life. If you get five Valuable items, you win and immediately exit the game with all of your items. Once per cycle, as an action, you can steal a random item from a Player.
  • Non-Rithmatist: You snuck onto the front lines to study the art of Rithmatics, and to hopefully gain that power. You win if all Forgotten are dead. Unlike other roles, you cannot use Rithmatics. If you get a Shadowblaze, you become a Forgotten, and your win condition changes accordingly. Once per cycle, as an action, you may teach a player a random Specialization.

The Camp Supply:

Spoiler
  • As a Day Action, you may take an item from the supply. It will be revealed who took what item in the write-up.
  • As a Night Action, you may take an item from the supply. It will not be revealed who took what.
  • In the event of more people grabbing an item than are present in the supply, the people who grab the item will be randomized.
  • As an action during the Day or Night, you may give an item to another player.
  • When a player dies, all of their items will be returned to the Camp Supply.

The Wild Chalkling Horde:

Spoiler
  • The Wild Chalklings are an obstacle that must be overcome. Every night, the Chalklings will attack with all of their Strength.
  • If the Camp’s Defense is lower than the Strength of the Chalklings, the Camp is Overrun.
  • The Camp can be Overrun a maximum of three times:
    1. The first time, nothing happens, and the Camp is given a warning.
    2. The second time, a random Rithmatist will be killed. This kill is unblockable, and goes through all levels of protection.
    3. The third time, the Forgotten win the game.
  • The Strength of the Chalklings starts at one, and can never go below one.
  • If a Rithmatist is lynched, the Strength of the Chalklings increases by one.
  • If a Forgotten is lynched, the Strength of the Chalklings decreases by one.
  • The Camp’s Defense resets after every night.

Items:

Spoiler
  • Piece of Chalk (One-use, Day or Night): Draw one Line.
  • Bribe (One-use, Day, Valuable): Give the Bribe to another player. Their vote will change to match yours. You cannot Bribe a player to vote on themselves.
  • Acid (One-use, Day): Give the Camp one Defense for the next Night.
  • Spring-Powered Crab (One-use, Night): Learn what items a player has.
  • Map (One-use, Day or Night): Add more items to the Supply.

Rare Items:

Spoiler
  • Lantern (Passive, Night): Learn how much Defense the camp had each Night.
  • Gun (One-use, Day or Night, Valuable): Kill a player. If the number of players grabbing Guns is higher than the number of Guns in the supply, no one gets any Guns, and all but one of the players who attempted to grab the Guns will die.
  • Book about {Specialization} (One-use, Immediate): Upon grabbing this item, immediately learn the listed Specialization.
  • Shadowblaze (Passive, Night, Valuable x2): If held by a Rithmatist, gives the camp one additional Defense each night. If held by a Forgotten, lowers the camp's Defense by one. If the player holding the Shadowblaze dies, it is removed from the game.
  • Rainbow-Colored Chalk (One-use, Day or Night): Draw one Line as if you had the appropriate Specialization.
  • Ornate Clock (One-use, Night, Valuable): When used, the Wild Chalklings are distracted by the intricate clockwork, and the Camp gains Defense equal to the Strength of the Wild Chalklings

Rithmatic Lines:

Spoiler
  • Line of Warding: Add one to the Camp’s Defense (Night)
    • Specialization: Give the camp two Defense, rather than one.
  • Line of Forbiddance: Protect a player from up to one attack. Can self-target. (Night)
    • Specialization: Negate all actions targeting the player you are protecting.
  • Line of Vigor: Negate a player’s action. Your target will be informed that they were roleblocked. (Day or Night)
    • Specialization: Your target will not be informed they were roleblocked.
  • Line of Making: Learn the target of a player’s action. (Day or Night)
    • Specialization: Additionally, learn what action your target took.
  • Line of Silencing: Remove a player’s vote (Day)
    • Specialization: Prevent your target from talking in any PMs for the following Night.
  • Line of Revocation: Cause a player to lose a random item, adding it back to the Camp Supply (Day or Night): 
    • Specialization: Immediately take the item your target lost.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Gears : Servant of the Mad God
  2. @Quinn0928 : Nicole Cooper
  3. @Ashbringer : Faleast
  4. @Lotus : Daughter of the Prime forest
  5. @Flyingbooks
  6. @Archer : Evan Wallace
  7. @Burnt Spaghetti : Tia Vuur
  8. @Ventyl : Shimamura Sakura
  9. @The Unknown Order : Atreco Tel
  10. @Araris Valerian : Elysian
  11. @StrikerEZ : Frederick Kerr
  12. @Alvron : Blackbane
  13. @Shard of Reading
  14. @Random Bystander
  15. @Illwei
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. @Condensation : Connie
  18. @Devotary of Spontaneity : Kaniae Moreau
  19. @Kasimir : Duncan Kerr
  20. @Matrim's Dice : Joshua
  21. @STINK : Respected Madman
  22. @Mist : Tria Noche
  23. @Dannex

This game will start on January 28th, at 6 PM CST.

Quick Links:

Edited by Elandera
Fix map timing

Faleast isn't necessarily possessed by a Forgotten this time, but I'll sign up.

Are there any non-Rithmatist Eliminators? Or will all Eliminators be Forgotten and therefore have Rithmatist powers?

Edited by Ashbringer
Aaaaaaand James Brafin already used "count me in"

Okay time for questions about rules:

Are the Thief and the Non-Rithmatist unique roles, or can there be more than one of each?

If/when a Non-Rithmatist gets a Shadowblaze, do they consume the Shadowblaze in the process of becoming a Rithmatist, or do they keep it and add 1 to the camp's defense?

It says the strength of the camp's Defense resets every Night; what does it reset to? 

Does the Lantern inform you of how much defense the camp had every night, or just the ones that you have the Lantern for (that is, does it tell you the Defense strength for past Nights once you get it)?

Can you be protected from the effects of trying to grab a Gun when too many other people also try? (if someone uses a Line of Forbiddance on you that turn, for example). Are deaths from the Wild Chalkling Hoard or from a Gun free-for-all differentiated from other attacks in the write-up?

If you have a Specialization in Lines of Vigor (so your target wouldn't realize they were roleblocked) but you target someone whose action would give them information (Spring-Powered Crab, Line of Making, etc.) it... would still be obvious to that person that they were roleblocked, right? They won't be fed false info or anything?

I think that's all for now. @Sart

Guest Breaker

I'm withdrawing myself from the game. Apologies. 

Edit: Fine, belay that for now. I got complaints about my considering quitting SE, so, for now, I'm here. 

Edited by Breaker

On 1/21/2021 at 5:44 PM, Breaker said:

Edit: Fine, belay that for now. I got complaints about my considering quitting SE, so, for now, I'm here.

Don’t feel pressured to do SE if you don’t want to. It’s about fun, and if it’s not your thing that is totally fine. That said, we’d love to have you here :) But it is foremost and always your choice.

@Sart if you don’t get enough people by the end of signups I can play. Otherwise I’ll be a pinch-hitter instead of a spec doccer :P 

I so want to play, but I don’t know if I can handle this on top of school right now. I think I’ll sign up for a spec doc right now, but don’t give it to me until the game starts, in case I change my mind before then.

4 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I so want to play, but I don’t know if I can handle this on top of school right now. I think I’ll sign up for a spec doc right now, but don’t give it to me until the game starts, in case I change my mind before then.

Awww, this is sad. I won’t get to possibly murd—I mean, remove elims with you!