Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

Ok, I'm gonna do some item taking analysis. 

• Ventyl grabbed a Piece of Chalk NAI
  • The Unknown Order grabbed a Piece of Chalk The most village thing villaging villagable.
  • Kasimir grabbed a Piece of Chalk NAI
  • Araris Valerian grabbed a Bucket of Acid Mild village move, could be under radar elim, if lantern users don't see extra defense we should exe.
  • Mist grabbed a Bribe Possible thief, I also doubt a elim would grab this especially during the day.
  • Archer grabbed a Bribe Same as Mist.
  • Condensation grabbed a Spring-Powered Crab Village, could be elim hoarding.
  • Devotary of Spontaneity grabbed a Spring-Powered Crab Same as Connie.
  • Quinn grabbed a Lantern This is very village imo.
  • TJ Shade grabbed a Lantern Same here.
  • Gears grabbed a Book of Making Null+ can be used for very village things, but can also be used for elim spying. 
  • Ashbringer grabbed a Book of Revocation Null×, possible thief.
  • Flying Books grabbed a Book of Vigor Mild elim, they would want one quite a bit I think.
  • Alvron grabbed a Map Possible thief move, could also want Shadowblaze, shows disinterest in the gun, could be faked.

This shows my non-gut reads.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

Ashbringer grabbed a Book of Revocation Null×, possible thief.

Why do you think the thief would want the book of Revocation? to stop other people from being able to steal as well?

The Unknown Order grabbed a Piece of Chalk The most village thing villaging villagable.

Sure, I'll buy it :P.

Edited by Illwei

• Mist grabbed a Bribe Possible thief, I also doubt a elim would grab this especially during the day.

I'd point out that if Ash is telling the truth about his Chalk being stolen, anyone who took stuff from the Supply can't be the Thief (well, not unless someone started with a Specialization in Revocation).

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:
  • Ashbringer grabbed a Book of Revocation Null×, possible thief.

The Thief can't draw Lines, so having a Book would not be particularly useful to them.

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

Mostly, also it gives them an excuse to steal items, even if it doesn't work on a Specialized Making scan.

Hmmmm actually that's not a bad point. Of course, Ash is also claiming to not have any Chalk right now, so idk how that fits with it.

I'm not doing reads beyond the items for now, so that's up to everyone else.

Right, that makes sense. I was kind of assuming that one of Mist or Archer was the Thief until Ash claimed someone stole from him--so I see where you're coming from there.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:
  • Araris Valerian grabbed a Bucket of Acid Mild village move, could be under radar elim, if lantern users don't see extra defense we should exe.

We won't see the effects of the Acid until next Night, since you have to use it during the Day for it to work (for some reason : P). But yes, I will keep you posted, and I assume TJ will too.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:
  • Condensation grabbed a Spring-Powered Crab Village, could be elim hoarding.

Right, I'd honestly Spring-Powered Crabs are pretty much NAI, since they're useful for both sides. 

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:
  • Quinn grabbed a Lantern This is very village imo.

Not necessarily : P much as I love the designation of "very village", I must point out that it would benefit the elims to keep control of the Lanterns out of village hands. That way if they need to they can kill any vil Lantern holders and then lie about the amount of Defense to escape scrutiny (later on in the game, that is).

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:
  • Gears grabbed a Book of Making Null+ can be used for very village things, but can also be used for elim spying. 

Again, information benefits both sides so I'd say Making is probably NAI.

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:
  • Flying Books grabbed a Book of Vigor Mild elim, they would want one quite a bit I think.

I mean. Roleblocking is also useful to the village, if the RBer is good at guessing who the elims are. 

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:
  • Alvron grabbed a Map Possible thief move, could also want Shadowblaze, shows disinterest in the gun, could be faked.

lol I have no idea how to read Alvron either which I suspect is the point

1 minute ago, Quinn0928 said:

I mean. Roleblocking is also useful to the village, if the RBer is good at guessing who the elims are. 

Book of vigor makes it so that your targets don't know they were blocked. I honestly see zero use of this to the village. Someone tell me if I'm missing something, but as a villager I'd kinda want my targets to know they were roleblocked. it would prevent me from having to claim as the one who actually roleblocked them, and they wouldn't be sitting there trying to figure out what the problem was while they're the problem all along.

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Book of vigor makes it so that your targets don't know they were blocked. I honestly see zero use of this to the village. Someone tell me if I'm missing something, but as a villager I'd kinda want my targets to know they were roleblocked. it would prevent me from having to claim as the one who actually roleblocked them, and they wouldn't be sitting there trying to figure out what the problem was while they're the problem all along.

Ah. Right. That... makes sense. Though I would still say it's NAI for a villager to take the Book just to keep elims from having it. After all, we're allowed to choose not to use our Specializations if we want to.

Edit: I phrased that poorly XD I would say it's NAI because a villager might take the book just to keep the elims from having it.

Edited by Quinn0928

1 minute ago, Quinn0928 said:

Ah. Right. That... makes sense. Though I would still say it's NAI for a villager to take the Book just to keep elims from having it. After all, we're allowed to choose not to use our Specializations if we want to.

Edit: I phrased that poorly XD I would say it's NAI because a villager might take the book just to keep the elims from having it.

Everything's NAI using that reasoning, even village things are NAI because of elims. I would rather have those as Null+/- but that's me.

3 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

I'm getting a general village read on Books rn, but that's purely meta, as they haven't done anything... (cough, meta, cough) :P.

But also I was hoping that they would get on and talk, because I asked people not to go for Vigor and now I'm sad ;-; does this mean Striker doesn't trust me or that Books doesn't trust Striker? who knows! well, I mean, they know :P.

P.S.

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

Everything's NAI using that reasoning, even village things are NAI because of elims. I would rather have those as Null+/- but that's me.

I agree with this though :P.

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

I like my tinfoil okay this is kind of the same thing

Welcome to Illwei's Paranoia! the show where we address the current direction Illwei's Paranoia is taking her!

So Illwei, what are we gonna talk about today?

Thanks for asking lil'wei. Today we're talking about Quinn's use of the word "tinfoil" !

What's strange about that, Willie?

Nothing's particularly strange about it, except how much she's emphasizing it this game. Really a shame, Eilwhy, as I had a mild village read on her earlier. :(.

Why does that have to change?

Well Illwie, last game I called her out for her avoidance of her favorite snack, even though I offered it to her on a silver platter more than once. It feels like she's trying to overcompensate by talking about all the Tinfoiling she's doing.

Man, Illewi, that's sad.

Sure Is, iewlli.

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Welcome to Illwei's Paranoia! the show where we address the current direction Illwei's Paranoia is taking her!

So Illwei, what are we gonna talk about today?

Thanks for asking lil'wei. Today we're talking about Quinn's use of the word "tinfoil" !

What's strange about that, Willie?

Nothing's particularly strange about it, except how much she's emphasizing it this game. Really a shame, Eilwhy, as I had a mild village read on her earlier. :(.

Why does that have to change?

Well Illwie, last game I called her out for her avoidance of her favorite snack, even though I offered it to her on a silver platter more than once. It feels like she's trying to overcompensate by talking about all the Tinfoiling she's doing.

Man, Illewi, that's sad.

Sure Is, iewlli.

sighhhh Illwei we don't need another QF49 :P 

But do you want me to stop referencing tinfoil? I mean, if I did that now it would probably make me look even more sus... but if I keep referencing it then you'll think I'm still overemphasizing... I can't win this can I

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

sighhhh Illwei we don't need another QF49 :P 

But do you want me to stop referencing tinfoil? I mean, if I did that now it would probably make me look even more sus... but if I keep referencing it then you'll think I'm still overemphasizing... I can't win this can I

Nope. I would like a few tinfoil products though, I know a few tineyes who would be very grateful. 

@Illwei Just want to say that I loved all the different ways you spelled your name. :P

Also, I’m not sure what happened with Books. I thought they told me they were going for Revocation. Maybe I missed them changing their mind.

Also, I’m going to give a mild elim/thief read to Mist and Archer. In my opinion, the people wanting bribes the most are going to be one of those two players.

Now, you might ask “But Striker! What about Ash losing his chalk but it not showing up in the camp supply?” Well, we already know that certain players have started off with Specializations. Is it so crazy to believe that someone started off with a Specialization in Revocation?

Edited by StrikerEZ

Nope. I would like a few tinfoil products though, I know a few tineyes who would be very grateful. 

I mean. Tinfoil is made of aluminum so idk if they would be all that grateful XD

Edit:

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Is it so crazy to believe that someone started off with a Specialization in Revocation?

I mean. I didn't start with that Specialization. I've kinda been assuming that none of the Specializations people started with overlapped with the Books in the Camp Supply, though now that I think about it I'm not sure why I assumed that. 

Edited by Quinn0928

18 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, I’m not sure what happened with Books. I thought they told me they were going for Revocation. Maybe I missed them changing their mind.

Lots of people were going for Revocation so I decided to go for a book with less competition. Any book is useful, even if only to make sure that it's kept out of elim hands.

1 hour ago, Quinn0928 said:

Hmmmm actually that's not a bad point. Of course, Ash is also claiming to not have any Chalk right now, so idk how that fits with it.

I mean, the thief doesn’t start with chalk...

52 minutes ago, Illwei said:

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/95337-lg73-the-forgotten-coup/?do=findComment&comment=1181391 (Last turn so no quotey because the thread locky)

or maybe like, give some reasoning as to why you would do that as an elim, give some thoughts behind it. that would also work ye

tank u

also book of vigor is mine no one else better take it

17 hours ago, Illwei said:

Smh books grabbed my book of vigor I am extremely insulted

EDIT:

wait and someone didn't leave it a tie i'm ashamed of yall

ALSO:

@Flyingbooks man why d'ya take the book of vigor ;-;

Make up your mind.

I can confirm that Books stated in our PM that they were considering going for Vigor upon hearing the many Revocation seekers.