Title Absent

Enter a username

Just now, Enter a username said:

Theen saw two people coming in his general direction: his friend Olivier, and someone else he didn't recognize. "Hello there! Where are you headed?"

Olivier looked up, "hum? Oh, Theen! There you are." He turned to Dawn and gestured for her to follow him, "c'mon, he can help us."

Blue focused on his papers and sat in the seat he’d been assigned, spreading them across the table. He eyed the three new people who’d entered but didn’t move to greet them. They were Zarokhavan. That scared him, especially with the knight so nearby.

Mainland Zarokhavan come in two types, he remembered his brother telling him. You have the poor sods being manipulated, and then you have the happy, maniacal sods manipulating them. If you ever see a Zarokhavan who looks like they’re nice, think again. There’s a reason their colony doesn’t speak to them anymore.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, I think I am here. said:

Blue focused on his papers and sat in the seat he’d been assigned, spreading them across the table. He eyed the three new people who’d entered but didn’t move to greet them. They were Zarokhavan. That scared him, especially with the knight so nearby.

Is one of those mine? Because mine is Yhevran.

9 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Well uh, we're looking for the Zarokovian representative. Her name is Lorena, I think."

"She'll probably be near the Zarokhovian marketplace, if I'm not mistaken. If I am, she's probably already inside the meeting area. I'll tell you if I see her."

1 hour ago, Enter a username said:

"She'll probably be near the Zarokhovian marketplace, if I'm not mistaken. If I am, she's probably already inside the meeting area. I'll tell you if I see her."

"Thanks again Theen!" Olivier moved off to walk away, but suddenly stopped after only one step and turned slowly back to Theen. "I uh, don't suppose that you could uh, point me in the right direction, can you?"

4 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Thanks again Theen!" Olivier moved off to walk away, but suddenly stopped after only one step and turned slowly back to Theen. "I uh, don't suppose that you could uh, point me in the right direction, can you?"

"For the market, go two blocks that way, turn left, and keep going until you get there."

24 minutes ago, 2EmLee2 said:

Alen hurried to the front gates of the estate, but then she walked back a few steps. She went over to some tall bushes, and behind them was Able.

"Well, good morning, Unable. What do you need this time?" Alen said with a grin.

@The Unknown Order

Able pointedly ignored the nickname, "Can you believe that they're having an important meeting without me?!"

7 hours ago, Enter a username said:

"For the market, go two blocks that way, turn left, and keep going until you get there."

"Thanks again Theen, you're a life saver. While I'm here, we'll have to meet up sometime and catchup." Olivier was about to leave, then slapped his forehead. "That's right, I almost forgot to introduce you to Dawn. Well, this is Dawn." Olivier pointed at his knightly friend.

@JesterLavorre

1 hour ago, The Unknown Order said:

Able pointedly ignored the nickname, "Can you believe that they're having an important meeting without me?!"

Alen shrugged. "You mean the tri-state Effect tracking meeting or whatever? I dunno. My dad's going to leave for it in like an hour, though, so I got to change into one of those horrible frilly dresses so I can say bye to him, or whatever. Well, I'll meet you out here after that, if you want. Bye."

58 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Thanks again Theen, you're a life saver. While I'm here, we'll have to meet up sometime and catchup." Olivier was about to leave, then slapped his forehead. "That's right, I almost forgot to introduce you to Dawn. Well, this is Dawn." Olivier pointed at his knightly friend.

@JesterLavorre

Dawn sticks out her hand. “Honored.”

Alen walked to the front gate to her estate. She climbed over it and sprinted to a side servants door to the manor. She ran up a flight of stairs, criss crossed through a few hallways, and finally reached her large bedroom. Her lady's maid, Ali, was waiting there, as always. But, today, tears were streaming down her face.

"What's wrong?" Alen asked.

"Oh, miss! the lady of the house! She... She..." Ali was choking on her sobs.

"What? What's wrong with my mom?"

"She's... dead."

Alen burst out of her room into the hallway in disbelief. She ran up another set of stairs and slid to a stop outside her mother's room, verifying what Ali said.

The house janitor stood there, draping a white sheet over something in the hallway. Inside the room there was another body, also topped with a large cloth.

"What?" Alen said in disbelief.

The janitor looked up at her. "I'm sorry for your losses, m'lady."

"Losses? My mom and..."

"The elder lady of the house, miss Dalien, your grandmother."

Alen shook her head, tears welling in her eyes. A loud buzzing noise started to sound in her head as she sank to her knees, leaning up against the hall wall.

"How?" Alen asked.

"An assassin, we think. The detective is arriving within the hour."

Alen watched as the janitor walked down the hallway, leaving her alone with the corpses of the two people she loved most.

On 1/28/2021 at 2:54 PM, The Ward's Guard said:

"Well uh, we're looking for the Zarokovian representative. Her name is Lorena, I think."

On 1/28/2021 at 3:05 PM, Enter a username said:

Lorena stalked from the marketplace, so wrapped up in her thoughts that she ran straight into another person. Alarms went off in her head as she pulled back enough to glance at an unfamiliar face. Assassin? Years of training kicked in instinctively. She yanked the knife out of her boot and pressed it to the stranger’s throat. Nearby, people were staring, some even shouting for her to stop. The sound snapped her out of her daze, and she glanced at the stranger again. Now she could see how unconventional his clothing was, how clumsily he moved. The stranger did not even carry a weapon.

Her cheeks burned as she released him. “Who are you?” she asked the stranger, trying to hide the embarrassment in her voice. There was anger there, too. This stranger would pay for making her look a fool. @The Ward's Guard

1 hour ago, midnight13 said:

Lorena stalked from the marketplace, so wrapped up in her thoughts that she ran straight into another person. Alarms went off in her head as she pulled back enough to glance at an unfamiliar face. Assassin? Years of training kicked in instinctively. She yanked the knife out of her boot and pressed it to the stranger’s throat. Nearby, people were staring, some even shouting for her to stop. The sound snapped her out of her daze, and she glanced at the stranger again. Now she could see how unconventional his clothing was, how clumsily he moved. The stranger did not even carry a weapon.

Her cheeks burned as she released him. “Who are you?” she asked the stranger, trying to hide the embarrassment in her voice. There was anger there, too. This stranger would pay for making her look a fool. @The Ward's Guard

Olivier's voice squeaked as he tried to overcome his panic, "I'm Olivier ma'am!" He cleared his throat, regaining control of his voice. "I'm from the uh, the Federal Division of Commerce. I came with lady Dawn." Olivier gestured towards @JesterLavorre.

14 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Olivier's voice squeaked as he tried to overcome his panic, "I'm Olivier ma'am!" He cleared his throat, regaining control of his voice. "I'm from the uh, the Federal Division of Commerce. I came with lady Dawn." Olivier gestured towards @JesterLavorre.

Lorena glanced at the knight, nodding curtly. “Have you finished the task I gave you?” She frowned at Olivier. “Do you need me for some reason?” Quietly, she seethed to herself. Foreigners. They had no propriety whatsoever. Zarokhavan would teach them how it was done.

Edited by midnight13