Title Absent

Enter a username

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Maybe, Able is going to be horribly arrogant, but completely useless. Hence, Unable.

I guess that could work. I am planning for Alen to be kind of spunky and on the richer end of the spectrum, so maybe they could be in the same friend group of stuck-up rich kids? (Just an idea)

Update: I just wanted to post my character's description.

Spoiler

Name: Alen Pending

Skills: Doesn't have many skills, and the ones she does have are not very useful, like being able to cross her eyes.

Appearance: 17 years old, medium height, shoulder-length bright red hair, navy blue eyes, tanned white skin, wears the least frilly, fluffy dresses she's allowed, but when possible, wears men's trousers and a button-up shirt, as she HATES frills and bows and lace.

Effect: 2D five-point star that spun on its vertical axis three feet in front of her. A foot tall and a foot wide. It was shiny with the colors of a sunset or a sunrise: Pink, yellow, orange, and red. It gave off a small light that could illuminate Alen and a small area around her.

Backstory: Daughter of a very wealthy aristocrat, taught in the "finest ladylike arts" from a young age when sent to boarding school from the ages of six to fifteen. She often ditched her classes and played pranks on her teachers. She was finally expelled from boarding school and sent home to live with her parent's mansion.

Personality: Very spunky and likes to antagonize her superiors. She likes to do horseback riding and joking with her friends. Has a secret soft spot for really poor or mistreated, but won't tell ANYBODY about it. She sometimes even makes secret donations to the shelters to try to help out. She is very extroverted and likes to be out in nature with her friends.

Edited by 2EmLee2
Changed "(Last name pending)" to "Pending," the long-awaited last name of my character.

Name: Dawn The Seventeenth

Skills: Trained with multiple weapons including guns and swords.

Appearance: 28 years old. Tall, straight silver hair, pale skin, golden eyes. Wears traditional knight’s plate mail and a scarlet and gold cape.

Effect: Dawn creates a simple slate gray crown of glowing light encircling her head, extending over her face and creating the visage of a winged mask in the shape of a smooth steel plate that covers all but her eyes. Other previous knights of her order had a different mask and crown shape.

Backstory: When she was a child, Dawn was told she was special. Lifted from the slums she grew up in, Z swept her up and told her she was the next in the line of the Knights Aurelia. Ancient protectors of the traditions of Z. While once the knights were just that. Respected and loved, now the government of Z uses their reputation as propaganda. They own the guardian of the heritage of Z, so they own Z.

Personality: Dawn is completely indoctrinated. Her conviction that the current government are the rightful rulers of Z and, in fact, the rest of the known continents is complete. She will kill without question those who dare rebuke that innate right of rule, and in the same breath rain sympathy and mercy upon the citizens she thinks she guards. As a person, Dawn is empathetic, and determined in her ways. However, Z has twisted this desire to do good into the perfect soldier of the nation. Empathetic toward those they tell her are allies, and determined to annihilate those they say are enemies. She is the chosen one corrupted to darkness.

Alright, let’s start! I’ll let Dannex put up the worldbuilding here whenever he gets time, because he did most of it (thanks by the way :P) and I’ll put up the map. Maybe these can get added to the OP @Enter a username?

The setting is a diplomatic meeting between the countries of Xalinas, Yhevra, and Zarokhara and their respective colonies. When Dannex posts the worldbuilding there’ll be more details there on the conflicts between everyone. The A - L nations are just serparate, smaller, neutral countries.

My character sheet :)

Spoiler

Name: Bluecross “Blue” Whittaker

Effect: A... blue cross. Nothing too fancy. He was named after it.

Position: Righthand man and brother of the current 'Leader' of the CY colony. 

Backstory: Born in the CY colonies with his older brother Redstar (Red) and grew up just as the economic collapse of Y started crippling CY’s population and infrastructure, leading to being forced to rely on supply shipments to survive, with lower quality of life also leading into more criminality. Both brothers grew up and wanted to improve their situation. Blue’s brother was the naturally talented and charismatic one and became the leader, liked by the people, and slowly started making positive progress, though it’d be a long way before CY ever becomes self-sufficient. The work of managing a crippled colony was very mentally demanding for Red and he was always busy, so when representatives needed to be sent to the mainland he sent his younger brother, Blue, who had previously only really worked behind the scenes.

Personal Goals:

1. Blue wants to make his brother proud of him.

2. He also follows his brother’s desire in improving CY, and desperately wants to stop needing supply ships to survive and become self-sufficient as soon as possible so CY can make its own choices

3. A secret to the general public, under his brother’s leadership CY have started using natives as slave labour to increase productivity. Blue hates this and Red does too, though they feel it’s necessary to make CH self-sufficient any time soon. Keeping this a secret is actually the main reason CY doesn’t support this effect-tracking legislation.

Personality: Uncertain, naive and almost religiously follows his brother, though he has a strong spirit and prefers to-the-point discussions over complex politics.

Map:

7B011404-D95B-48B5-9807-38C056F1D52E.png

Dear brother,

Should you get time to read this, my ship has finally docked on the mainland. You were right, even from the docks I can see towering buildings far taller than anything on our colony, and a variety of fashions you’d find impractical. Don’t worry, however, I will need your warning, and not get hypnotised by these eccentricities of the mainland. I will remain focused on our goal. I hope all is well back home and you are eating and resting properly. Don’t work yourself too hard!

-Blue

Bluecross “Blue” Whittaker finished writing the letter when the anchor of the ship he was riding on finally hit land and he was gestured into solid ground once again. Around him, merchants and soldiers in their usual hustle and bustle began to emerge from the ship to their respective stations, but Blue had another destination he needed to be: the tri-diplomatic agreement of effect-tracking.

He didn’t like the name. He thought the ‘tri’ it implied there were only three parties worth caring about, when in reality there were six. He hadn’t caught a supply ship back to Yhevra and ordered a horse-and-carriage to cart him across the country to the tri-border just to be told his opinion was worthless.

Honestly speaking, though, it kind of was. Who would listen to a colony in the first place, let alone CY, the notorious colony that was life-support in the first place? Without Yhevra’s supply ships, CY would have perished long ago.

And now I have to go against them, he thought, gulping. Now I have to decline their order of effect-tracking, but do it politely. CY isn’t ready to be starved of supplies. Not yet, at least.

And concluding the thought, Blue began his trip to the meeting.

Edited by I think I am here.

Alen's father had an important meeting soon, so he was leaving for it today. It was called something like tri-something with effect control or something like that. It was way over Alen's head anyway.

She was wearing a button-up shirt with men's trousers. Her mother would have a fit seeing her in men's clothes, but they were so much more comfy. And she could actually move around. Alen was walking around the town just a fifteen minute walk away from her estate. She liked it among the common people, though she would never tell anyone about it. Her friends would make fun of her mercilessly.

She passed by a bakery and smelled the delicious scent of fresh, homemade bread. Her mouth watered. She walked into the little store and looked around. on the farthest wall there was a counter with a cheery woman with graying hairs standing there. On the counter, there were numerous cakes and confections on display, as well as loaves of bread wrapped up in brown paper.

"Good morning! Would you like to buy something, or donate to our "feed the homeless" initiative?" The cheery woman asked.

"Um, I think I'll buy a loaf of bread and donate."

"Perfect!"

Alen paid for a loaf and gave the lady a generous amount of money for the donation.

"Oh, this is so much! Thank you, thank you!"

Alen walked out of the nice shop and started eating the bread. It was crispy and crumbly on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside. It was delicious. They really should charge more for it. She walked down the cobble street towards the community well at the center of the town. It was always beautiful this time of year. When she got there, the few trees placed around the well released a sweet scent with their bright green leaves. Alen often came here just to enjoy the smell.

Alen checked the time using the sun. Her father would leave for the meeting in an hour- she had to get back to the estate and get into one of those horrible dresses to say goodbye. She groaned and stuffed the rest of her bread in her mouth and started sprinting to her mansion.

Edited by 2EmLee2

Okay, I kinda have an idea for the plot, I guess? I'm a little confused by what's going on in the PM, so just ignore me if there was already another idea for the plot that I missed.

So, Lorena's got her eye on X. She sends Dawn over there to murder some important people, make it look like other important people did it, and generally cause chaos. (Like the house war in Final Empire!) Meanwhile, she's dealing with some things in Y.

@Dannex said: 

Country Y- The weak ones. They had a bad economic collapse, and are actually being secretly controlled by the Z country. Basically Hufflepuff. aaaaaaaa sick roast

Lorena's relationship with Y is kinda shaky - they have a food shortage, and she's controlling them since she has the supply, but they're rebelling. She's trying to get them to officially become part of Z. I'm trying to figure out why, though. Maybe they have a valuable resource she wants or something.

Edited by midnight13
Added a quote box around it all :)

6 hours ago, 2EmLee2 said:

Alen's father had an important meeting soon, so he was leaving for it today. It was called something like tri-something with effect control or something like that. It was way over Alen's head anyway.

She was wearing a button-up shirt with men's trousers. Her mother would have a fit seeing her in men's clothes, but they were so much more comfy. And she could actually move around. Alen was walking around the town just a fifteen minute walk away from her estate. She liked it among the common people, though she would never tell anyone about it. Her friends would make fun of her mercilessly.

She passed by a bakery and smelled the delicious scent of fresh, homemade bread. Her mouth watered. She walked into the little store and looked around. on the farthest wall there was a counter with a cheery woman with graying hairs standing there. On the counter, there were numerous cakes and confections on display, as well as loaves of bread wrapped up in brown paper.

"Good morning! Would you like to buy something, or donate to our "feed the homeless" initiative?" The cheery woman asked.

"Perfect!"

Alen paid for a loaf and gave the lady a generous amount of money for the donation.

Alen walked out of the nice shop and started eating the bread. It was crispy and crumbly on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside. It was delicious. They really should charge more for it. She walked down the cobble street towards the community well at the center of the town. It was always beautiful this time of year. When she got there, the few trees placed around the well released a sweet scent with their bright green leaves. Alen often came here just to enjoy the smell.

Alen checked the time using the sun. Her father would leave for the meeting in an hour- she had to get back to the estate and get into one of those horrible dresses to say goodbye. She groaned and stuffed the rest of her bread in her mouth and started sprinting to her mansion.

What country is Alen from again? Where is this taking place? 

7 hours ago, 2EmLee2 said:

"Perfect!"

Want Able to be waiting at a meeting place close to your house to sneak in? Or do you just want him to go by himself?

Wait---we're starting? Ah!

Okay, so I'm compiling all the characters we have so far and their info. If I missed yours by accident, or if I got something wrong, please tell me.

Bluecross 'Blue' Whittaker - @I think I am here.

Effect - Blue cross

Brother of the leader of the CY colony. He and his brother (Redstar 'Red' Whittaker) were born during Y's economic collapse. Red is capable and charismatic, while Blue worked behind the scenes and is sent as a representative since Red is busy.

Blue wants Red to be proud, wants CY to succeed. He is involved in but regrets the fact that natives are secretly being used for slave labor.

Alen - @2EmLee2

Effect - brightly colored star that spins and gives off light

Daughter of a rich aristocrat and rebels against her parents by wearing the least frilly clothing and skipping classes. Has a secret soft spot for the poor and unfortunate. She was expelled from a boarding school and now lives at home.

William Anderson - @Dannex

Effect -  Glowing golden orbs that appear around his head. He's been told that his aspect also makes his eyes look lighter, but he can't see it himself. 

Leader of CZ colony, lived there his entire life. He doesn't like the motherland, since it was trying to take away the freedom the colony always had. He was sent as a representative to the motherland. He wants independence from it, to convince CX and CY (Blue is CY's rep!) to be allies. He's very patriotic to his colony.

Dawn The Seventeenth - @JesterLavorre

Effect: Dawn creates a simple slate gray crown of glowing light encircling her head, extending over her face and creating the visage of a winged mask in the shape of a smooth steel plate that covers all but her eyes. Other previous knights of her order had a different mask and crown shape.

Knight of Aurelius, serves Z loyally. Grew up in slums, but was told that she was next in line for the Knights. She is loyal, she kills without question, but loves the citizens she thinks she guards.

Lorena - @midnight13

Effect - undecided

Leader of Z, trying to annex Y as a part of Z, but also wants to reach the newly discovered continent. She's ruthless and loves power, which is a result of her childhood. She sends Dawn to X to cause chaos.

Quote, but not really

Here's my character:

Theen 

Effect: blue ball spinning upwards

History: Born in Mainland Yhevra; joined the military at 20. He couldn't get very high rank-wise, though his aim with a rifle got him the opportunity to become one of the king's personal guards, a position he now holds. He also tends to carry around a spear just for the heck of it.

Goal: Protect the king at all costs

Edited by Enter a username

3 hours ago, Dannex said:

What country is Alen from again? Where is this taking place? 

I have no idea. I guess wherever you want to put me because I cannot follow which country is which. :unsure:

3 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Want Able to be waiting at a meeting place close to your house to sneak in? Or do you just want him to go by himself?

The first option.

1 hour ago, JesterLavorre said:

EmLee, is it okay if Dawn murders some of Alen’s family members? And, if so, which ones?

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA- I'll tell you in the PM ;):ph34r:

I might join in later. If I do, here is my character:

Name: Soren (no last name)

Effect: A glowing red lightning bolt, flashing up and down my arm. It can make noise, at my Command.

Position: Random mercenary for hire 

Backstory: Orphaned at birth, I grew up in an orphanage in the 'J' colony with my older sister, Liona. The orphanage was poorly funded, so we had to leave when we were 12. On my sister's 12th Birthday, she was forced to leave the orphanage, and I was unable to leave, despite my best efforts. I never saw my sister again. When I turned 12, I joined the army and learned to fight with the sword. After 4 years of military service, I left and became a mercenary for hire, travelling the world in hopes of seeing her again.

Personal Goals:

Find my sister.

Help fund orphanages worldwide in order to prevent this from happening again

Personality: Very stubborn and determined

I will probably make some changes if I plan on actually using this, but I think it's a pretty good rough draft.

11 hours ago, Voidspawn said:

I might join in later. If I do, here is my character:

Name: Soren (no last name)

Effect: A glowing red lightning bolt, flashing up and down my arm. It can make noise, at my Command.

Position: Random mercenary for hire 

Backstory: Orphaned at birth, I grew up in an orphanage in the 'J' colony with my older sister, Liona. The orphanage was poorly funded, so we had to leave when we were 12. On my sister's 12th Birthday, she was forced to leave the orphanage, and I was unable to leave, despite my best efforts. I never saw my sister again. When I turned 12, I joined the army and learned to fight with the sword. After 4 years of military service, I left and became a mercenary for hire, travelling the world in hopes of seeing her again.

Personal Goals:

Find my sister.

Help fund orphanages worldwide in order to prevent this from happening again

Personality: Very stubborn and determined

I will probably make some changes if I plan on actually using this, but I think it's a pretty good rough draft.

I'll add Soren to the list of characters when I have time!

4 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

OOO, I'm interested in joining. Just give me a few hours to read through everything and get my character soughted out. 

Hooray! I don't think you need to read through everything, we've condensed most things into a few posts.

Dawn knelt down on the floor next to the woman’s body. She would have looked asleep, if not for the bullet hole through her forehead. Dawn pulled a mask from her pocket. A blank, but it slowly melted into a perfect match of Dawn’s face as Dawn exposed it to her effect, setting it down clutched in the woman’s dead hand. She had been sure to be seen as herself approaching the mansion. Hopefully, with luck, the woman’s husband would assume she had been murdered by someone imitating Dawn, not Dawn herself. They should have implemented better effect tracking here, they would have caught Dawn. Zarokhava was wise in that. They knew security was a right of the people.

She heard a voice from the hall outside. “Hello? Who’s there? I thought I heard gunshots.” The old grandmother rounded the corner and stopped suddenly when she saw the room. Blood sprayed cross the wall, a dead body on the floor, and a monster in a steel mask crouching over it. Why... Dawn didn’t want to kill this grandmother. She was just a bystander. Dawn heard Lorena’s voice in her mind. “No witnesses.” This woman had seen Dawn’s effect. 
Dawn closed her eyes, quickly cocking her gun and pointing it toward the grandmother. It fired. A loud bang. And a thump of a body dropping to the floor. Dawn turned, not looking at the dead. They were enemies of the nation. It had to be done eventually. They were criminals from law. Still, Dawn shed a single tear as she left the mansion, putting on a mask of some important official. She didn’t know who, and riding for the tri-border council to meet Lorena. She would need to change back into herself there, this mask was only to frame whoever it was made from.

The person who’s mask Dawn has is left purposely vague so we can decide later who would be best for the plot.

Okay, so here is my character:

Name: Trix Aelio

Appearance: 170cm female. Thick, coarse red hair just reaches her shoulders. She has a lanky figure and pale skin that is covered in freckles. She wears glasses and prefers tight fitting clothes. 

Effect: A complex weave of colourful lines that surround her neck. While most lines congregate around the neck area, some branch out as low as her upper breast and as high as her lower chin.

Personality: Overeager, often illogical but passionate and persevering. She has strong humanitarian ideals. 

Backstory: She grew up in the middle-class of Yhevra. Her large amount of passion led her to become an activist, from there she unwittingly became a politician. From her current position, she flaunts her ideals gaining her large popularity, although her campaigns mostly faded into the background in light of the recent economic collapse. 

The tri-border building was grand in every sense of the word.

Marble rose from the ground in ornate columns, reaching far into the sky. Intricate brickwork filled the spaces between them, forming three rounded walls and a sense of flowing architecture. The bricks left plenty of space for a massive stained-glass window on each of the three sides, each representing one of the superpowers that ruled the world.

The steps leading to the building were long and lined with token soldiers from each nation. Indeed, as Blue walked up to the entrance he noted that he could see the three borders that separated Xalinas, Yhevra and Zarokhava, because a long line of soldiers were present, standing strong. He sighed. Tensions seemed to be high among the nations.

There was a short vizier there to greet Blue at the entrance, a ledger in one of their hands and a quill in the other.

“Name?”

“Bluecross Whittaker.”

“Hmm...” the vizier raised an eyebrow. “We have the leader of Colonial Yhevra as a ‘Redstar’.”

“That’s my brother. He’s busy leading. I’m the representative.”

“Well, go right ahead. You’re early.”

Early. The fact seemed obvious enough - the entire main hall seemed almost completely empty. Around the sides of the main tables, administrative agents and scribes all scurried around, but there didn’t seem to be any actual representatives here, not yet. Idly Blue looked up at the glass dome that topped this building, suppressing a look of amazement. The amount of work and money it must have taken to erect this building... it was beyond what Blue could imagine. He wondered whether his colony would ever reach that stage.