Midway through WOR and Am wondering if anyone can help me vidualize all the races better

GeoDjinn

Welcome to the Shard!

A quick search on Arcanum turned up a question and response by Brandon where the questioner shared an image (which seems to have vanished) and Brandon supplied one of his own, for something close to how he'd imagine a darkeyed Vedan (with red hair, which they don't all have) would look. So you've got that at least. There's also cover art and the card art for the Call to Adventure expansion but that one's got some things that could spoil you on future plot points, especially since it was released after Oathbringer and you're still in the middle of WoR. There's also some in-book art that you'll eventually come across.

The Natan people you're just going to have to imagine because I don't believe there's any art of them yet and their blue skin/white hair combo is obviously not something you're going to find on anyone in the real world.

EDIT: Oh wait, a fellow Sharder created a topic summarizing the appearance of various peoples of Roshar with some cute art to give you a general comparison:

Edited by Weltall

1 hour ago, GeoDjinn said:

Are there any official images that Sanderson has approved to help with this? I think i have most of them down but I would like to not have to wonder wehn i come to a part with Natan or some other races that aren't mentioned that often.

Welcome to the Shard! Here's a thread that may be helpful to you:

For all official, Brandon-approved art, see here, though I would not recommend this right now, as it has spoilers for books beyond WOR (and also has a bunch of stuff from other books in there).

Edit: Ah, looks like someone already posted this link in the accidental double thread. I'll move it here and hide the extra.

19 hours ago, GeoDjinn said:

Are there any official images that Sanderson has approved to help with this? I think i have most of them down but I would like to not have to wonder wehn i come to a part with Natan or some other races that aren't mentioned that often. 

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the shard! Who’s your favorite character?

19 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yes! 

Reveal hidden contents

4DEDE38D-8F48-457E-8BB7-D94CCF78DEBD.thumb.jpeg.5d2aac0f4d839f77d04154876f9717f6.jpeg

Stormfather! Scud! That is amazing.

May I ask where you found that? It’s adorable! And Rock is holding a spoon, and Lift and Lopen are there- *dies of happiness*

1 hour ago, midnight13 said:

Welcome to the shard! Who’s your favorite character?

Stormfather! Scud! That is amazing.

May I ask where you found that? It’s adorable! And Rock is holding a spoon, and Lift and Lopen are there- *dies of happiness*

I originally saw it on google while looking up all the different races. I saved it because it is awesome. :)