War as a shard (Honor and Odium)

zpo73

On 2/14/2021 at 7:06 AM, Harkain said:

Honestly my favourite crackpot theory is that Dalinar is going to take up Honour but still be bound to do Taravangium's bidding. So you have the Odium being expressed via Honour, which would effectively be war. I'd imagine it'd sorta be like a Nahel Bond considering Dalinar would be a fused in this scenario?

It would require us to find out if two creatures with a Nahel bond could also each be a vessel.

The thing is this would be very good for the story. The only problem is its bad for the themes of the books with a seemingly redeemed character like Dal becoming once again a villain.

Edit: Its unclear if Odium mixing with shards will create as neat of an effect as Harmony. If we look at Renarin the truthwatcher appears to become the secret maker hiding possibilities from odium. Hiding truths.

So odiums power may invert Honor in some way - the war- bond smith severing connections to unite people by freeing them from their current ties and becoming something like "Liberation" (otherwise wouldnt a skybreaker still be bound to laws wherever they go, making Nale virtually useless for carrying out an invasion?)

Edited by Waffles

I really don't see how the shards Honour + Odium makes War, doesn't make sense for the shard to be named War, even remotely.

Could see the shard being called Conflict, or zealot, depending which way the Honour and Odium shards interact ie cancel each other or the Odium shard warps the intent of the Honour shard.