War as a shard (Honor and Odium)

zpo73

Dalinar takes up Honor and defeats Odium. Dalinar takes up Odium as well and becomes War. RoW validates the combo at least. War vs Harmony and autonomy. Dalinar warped by the shards intent and driven to war to unite the cosmere. Thoughts?

8 hours ago, zpo73 said:

Dalinar takes up Honor and defeats Odium. Dalinar takes up Odium as well and becomes War. RoW validates the combo at least. War vs Harmony and autonomy. Dalinar warped by the shards intent and driven to war to unite the cosmere. Thoughts?

I'm a fan of the theory that Dalinar becomes God of war. As I mentioned in the other thread you had posted this though, I don't think he does it right away. I think he spends a book or two as Teravangian's intergalactic champion of terror.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly my favourite crackpot theory is that Dalinar is going to take up Honour but still be bound to do Taravangium's bidding. So you have the Odium being expressed via Honour, which would effectively be war. I'd imagine it'd sorta be like a Nahel Bond considering Dalinar would be a fused in this scenario?

It would require us to find out if two creatures with a Nahel bond could also each be a vessel.

No, and this is why:  Honor's light is called Stormlight.  Cultivations light is called Lifelight.  Odium's is called Voidlight.  So, if the combination of Stormlight and Voidlight is called Warlight, then the Shard of Honor and Odium isn't gonna be called War.  Storm, Life, Void, these represent an aspect of the Shard they correspond to.  The idea of War will be a major component of the Shard, but not the name.  Conquest seems more likely to me.  Personally though, I think all 3 Shards will combine by the end of Stormlight.

1. This all happens during SA book 10
  2. Cultivation wanted Vargo as Odium, because he is so prideful that he could be guided into making an error that would allow Cultivation to kill him.
  3. Probably she would make him break a promise he made to a mortal. THe big victory would be Radiants worcing this breaking of promise
  4. Cultivation kills him, but Odium's power rages out searching for a vessel, and Cultivation isn't strong enough to properly splinter it
  5. Dalinar is fused at the time, Odiums favourite, the power obviously chooses him
  6. Cultivation contacted Navani before everything happend, told her the probabl;e future, and told heer what to do
  7. Navani gets to Dalinar who starts ascending, starts Bondsmithing on him, and sings Rhythm of Honor to initiate Rythm of War
  8. Dalinar realises what she is doing, Sings Rhythm of Odium and they join the Rhythms into Rhythm of War
  9. As the former Quasi-Honor, and brand new Odium, he is capable to command the entire power to start fusion
  10. Powers of Odium and Honor diffuse into each other, basically half the power of Odim replaces the Splintered half the power of Honor that was Splintered, creating Shard of War, who has half of his Investiture invested and the other half free.
  11. As Composite Shards, War and Harmony are in internal conflict, and have limited control over their people, and with Cultivation just ghosting everybody again war between Roshar and Scadrial starts.
  12. Mistborn Era 4

4 minutes ago, Ba-Ado-Fisherman said:

No, and this is why:  Honor's light is called Stormlight.  Cultivations light is called Lifelight.  Odium's is called Voidlight.  So, if the combination of Stormlight and Voidlight is called Warlight, then the Shard of Honor and Odium isn't gonna be called War.  Storm, Life, Void, these represent an aspect of the Shard they correspond to.  The idea of War will be a major component of the Shard, but not the name.  Conquest seems more likely to me.  Personally though, I think all 3 Shards will combine by the end of Stormlight.

Conquest is more of a part of Dominion than of War+Honour. Maybe Vengence or Strife? Also we know two Shards combinations can become more than one Shard (Harmony could have been, and could still become, Discord) I'm pretty sure if Dalinar ever fuse Odium and Honour it will create something in the lines of Peace.

Just now, mathiau said:

Conquest is more of a part of Dominion than of War+Honour. Maybe Vengence or Strife? Also we know two Shards combinations can become more than one Shard (Harmony could have been, and could still become, Discord) I'm pretty sure if Dalinar ever fuse Odium and Honour it will create something in the lines of Peace.

Definitely NOT Peace.  That is way too similar to Harmony, and we know that Roshar and Scadrial are going to be in a large scale conflict later on down the line.  Doesn't it seem much more likely that the Shard associated with Roshar will be in direct conflict with the idea of Harmony?

Just now, Ba-Ado-Fisherman said:

Definitely NOT Peace.  That is way too similar to Harmony

Good point. I still think it would create a tamed version of Odium

and we know that Roshar and Scadrial are going to be in a large scale conflict later on down the line.  Doesn't it seem much more likely that the Shard associated with Roshar will be in direct conflict with the idea of Harmony?

We do?

Just now, Frustration said:

Sixth of the Dusk two pretty much confirms it.

I didn't read Sequel of the Dusk but from what I heard it implied Harmony had become Discord, removing the need for Roshar's Shard to be War.

Also I had said if Dalinar took it, it's likely he won't. And Sequel of the Dusk is far enough in the future that Honour's bearer could have changed.

1 minute ago, Ba-Ado-Fisherman said:

Yes we do.  If you want more info then go read the chapter Brandon gave out from the sequel to Sixth of the Dusk.

It's the post that start by "spoiler for unreleased Cosmere books" right? Thanks but no thanks :)

8 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I didn't read Sequel of the Dusk but from what I heard it implied Harmony had become Discord, removing the need for Roshar's Shard to be War.

Also I had said if Dalinar took it, it's likely he won't. And Sequel of the Dusk is far enough in the future that Honour's bearer could have changed.

It's the post that start by "spoiler for unreleased Cosmere books" right? Thanks but no thanks :)

Sorry for the minor spoilers, but you can't really debate this topic if you don't have all the information.

Actually, never mind.  All Cosmere spoilers are allowed in this thread.

Edited by Ba-Ado-Fisherman

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

While I would personally hide the spoilers, the chapter that we got is more of a WoB than a chapter honestly. It was released during RoW release, and I think it's purpose was mostly to recontextualise the Harmony epigraphs from RoW, and make them a bit more scary.

1 minute ago, Szmit said:

While I would personally hide the spoilers, the chapter that we got is more of a WoB than a chapter honestly. It was released during RoW release, and I think it's purpose was mostly to recontextualise the Harmony epigraphs from RoW, and make them a bit more scary.

I certainly don't want to spoil anyone, but any threads under the RoW Cosmere discussion allow full Cosmere spoilers, so I'm gonna let people who haven't read everything proceed at their own risk.

5 minutes ago, Ba-Ado-Fisherman said:

Sorry for the minor spoilers, but you can't really debate this topic if you don't have all the information.

Actually, never mind.  All Cosmere spoilers are allowed in this thread.

Pretty sure Full Cosmere spoilers and unreased Cosmere spoilers are not the same thing

2 hours ago, Ba-Ado-Fisherman said:

No, and this is why:  Honor's light is called Stormlight.  Cultivations light is called Lifelight.  Odium's is called Voidlight.  So, if the combination of Stormlight and Voidlight is called Warlight, then the Shard of Honor and Odium isn't gonna be called War.  Storm, Life, Void, these represent an aspect of the Shard they correspond to.  The idea of War will be a major component of the Shard, but not the name.  Conquest seems more likely to me.  Personally though, I think all 3 Shards will combine by the end of Stormlight

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

Just spitballing here, but the concepts would be Hatred + Honor combining. War is a reasonable result, but as Fisherman pointed out the light isn't exactly a one-to-one correspondence to the Intent of the Shard.

I am wondering if something akin to Justice might be the result. A hatred of wrong and the need to right wrongs seems plausible. And justice is a force for change and sometimes disruption, which could allow for the opposition with Harmony that has been discussed.

3 hours ago, Ba-Ado-Fisherman said:

It is called Warlight, because it vibrates to the Rhythm of War, just like Stormlight vibrates to Honor's pure tone.

On 14/02/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ba-Ado-Fisherman said:

Feel free to contact a mod and prove me wrong.

I contacted Chaos

On 14/02/2021 at 9:54 PM, Frustration said:

It is called Warlight, because it vibrates to the Rhythm of War, just like Stormlight vibrates to Honor's pure tone.

Also known as the Rhythm of the Wind

Edited by mathiau

Just now, Frustration said:

I don't remember that ever being said.

It was always Honor's Pure Tone,

Or the Pure Tone of Honor.

There was never a rhythm prescribed for it.

I confused things, I thought the Rhythm of the Winds was used to manipulate Stromlight but it's used to predict Highstorms

I was confusing with the Song of Prayers, which I also had missunderstood, I thought it was used to breath Voidlight in but it's actually used to get it in the physical realm so it's not necessarily the Pure Tone either