Teams in the Cosmere

Chinkoln

Teams in the Cosmere  

57 members have voted

1. 1. As characters become more Cosmere aware, what divisions will occur and factions will begin to form as opinions and beliefs clash? Who would you support the most? If you support a specific Shard, then choose the planetary system they are most recently aligned with, for example Odium would be with the Voidbringers and Harmony would be with Scadrial.

• Team Ghostbloods/Thaidakar
    • Team Vasher
    • Team Cultivation/Roshar (Dalinar, Urithiru, Coalition of Monarchs, Knights Radiant)
    • Team Harmony/Scadrial (Wax, Wayne, Marasi, Steris, Kandra)
    • Team Hoid
    • Team Endowment/Nalthis
    • Team Frost/17th Shard
    • Team Autonomy/Taldain
    • Team Odium/Voidbringers/Fused
    • Team Sel/Ire
    • Team Arcanists/Silverlight/Khriss/Nazh
    • Team Sel/Elantris

All characters in the Cosmere are becoming more aware. Navani learned that other planets exist with life in RoW. On Scadrial, they are developing technology and becoming more understanding of the workings of the universe. Nalthis is already Cosmere aware and they have some people that have supreme power and access to magic. Sel hasn't been heard from for a long time, so we can only guess at the progress they have made. To be honest, I haven't read White Sand, so I have no clue how advanced they are. As these planets expand and inevitably clash, whose side will you be on?

All of these people have different goals and aspirations, and some are in direct opposition with one another. Divisions and factions are going to form, and people are going to take sides. It will be like in Hunger Games. There are multiple protagonists, but people have to pick a side anyway, even though there are several people who are "the good guy".

Edited by Chinkoln

35 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I agree, Kelsier will always hold a place in my heart as the first main character protagonist leader charismatic person that I met in the Cosmere.

Is there a way to edit a poll? I would like to add Elegy's suggestion

You can edit the poll when you edit your original post in the topic. In the deep blue box above the text box, there's the sections "Content" and "Poll", so that's where you can make changes to the poll.

53 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The fact that three of us have already joined the Ghostbloods is both amusing and concerning, lol!

Agreed - I'm having some serious misgivings about the number of enthusiastic murder spies in this forum right now LOL

Apparently I'm the only member of Team Harmony so far.  "You make me sad."  In my mind, he is clearly the ONLY "team leader" we know (with a reasonable degree of confidence) whose goal is the best interests of sapient life in the Cosmere as a whole.

19 minutes ago, AquaRegia said:

Agreed - I'm having some serious misgivings about the number of enthusiastic murder spies in this forum right now LOL

Apparently I'm the only member of Team Harmony so far.  "You make me sad."  In my mind, he is clearly the ONLY "team leader" we know (with a reasonable degree of confidence) whose goal is the best interests of sapient life in the Cosmere as a whole.

I saw a rather amusing post on Tumblr describing how Kelsier’s death/religion gambit worked out of universe. Considering two of us are joining solely because of he’s leading them...

1 hour ago, i’m in the details said:

Ghostbloods and Scadrial hold equal places in my heart, but frankly I think kel is Scadrial’s best bet at surviving on a cosmere wide scale. And it’s totally not because he was the first cosmere character I was introduced to :D

That’s three of us joining because of Kelsier... Recruitment has really gone up since Hoid decided to expose Master Thaidakar’s identity. I suspect he’s now regretting that decision.

16 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

That’s three of us joining because of Kelsier... Recruitment has really gone up since Hoid decided to expose Master Thaidakar’s identity. I suspect he’s now regretting that decision.

Even before I knew who Thaidakar was, I was on the side of Kelsier, and I was liking the direction that Thaidakar was going. I am all for making a profit and making use of the resources provided for me.

I've very curious about how all you Ghostbloods are going to feel when if it turns out that "your" team is really just a bunch of selfish murderous conspiracy egomaniacs.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Mistborn Era 1 and was rooting for Kelsier the whole time.  But the evidence at this point seems pretty clear that he's not working for anyone's good but his own.

What will it take for you to jump off the Thaidakar Train?  Wholesale slaughter of innocents?  A deal with Odium?  I think either or both of those quite possible.

11 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Nobody notices Ire. And that is why they shall win. They've got experience, and maybe so do other groups, but they'll strike right under every single person's nose.

Kelsier is well aware of the Ire

On 1/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, AquaRegia said:

I've very curious about how all you Ghostbloods are going to feel when if it turns out that "your" team is really just a bunch of selfish murderous conspiracy egomaniacs.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Mistborn Era 1 and was rooting for Kelsier the whole time.  But the evidence at this point seems pretty clear that he's not working for anyone's good but his own.

What will it take for you to jump off the Thaidakar Train?  Wholesale slaughter of innocents?  A deal with Odium?  I think either or both of those quite possible.

I am well aware of what Kelsier is and would never back him in RL. As a character I adore him, as I do most tricksters. I find their chaotic neutral natures a lot of fun.

My personal reasons are very simple though: Kelsier helps me get through my PMDD. He saves my life multiple times a year. So I’ll join his crew out of simple gratitude.

And you may want to consider that he’s a literal lifesaver for some people before bashing him. And no, Kaladin is NO help whatsoever. He makes me want to kill myself... very, very literally.

Also, Kelsier would not be okay with the wholesale slaughter of innocents. WoB is that he wouldn’t approve of what Taravangian was willing to do, although Kell can get close to it. However, I will grant that his interpretation of ‘innocence’ leaves much to be desired.

As for a deal with Odium... currently the GBs want Odium to lose. If he does make a deal, a lot would depend on the reasons for the deal and what said deal involved. If it’s something like: we’ll help you destroy these Radiants in exchange for a promise never to involve yourself with, or otherwise harm, Scadrial, its people, and its Shard - oh, and also give us regular Shadesmar access - then I’d be perfectly fine with it.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

I chose Team Harmony, mainly because the Roshar team was labeled under Cultivation and included Dalinar. I'm pretty confident at this point that Dalinar is going to end up as Odium's champion. While less confident, my current pet theory is that Cultivation wants this to happen, and ends up being an antagonist in the coming intergalactic shard war.

At this point, I'm definitely more attached to the Rosharans and the Knights Radiant than I am to the Scadrians...but I choose Harmony over Cultivation.

I'm disappointed that the 17th shard is ignoring me so thoroughly in this polling process -- I assure you that Team Hoid will win and be the best for everyone in the Cosmere. You can trust me, I wouldn't hurt a fly; maybe some cognitive shadows... but never a fly.

-Your dearest friend who's been with you since the very beginning. Tell Frost I said hi, our last correspondence didn't go over so well.

;)

On 15.1.2021 at 5:19 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The fact that three of us have already joined the Ghostbloods is both amusing and concerning, lol!

Why? It is a team that does something. It is the only team you can join without ethnic prejudices, unless you want to serve a Shard. Sure, you may like the Elantrians, but if you are not one of them, you'll never be, no way around that.