Mistborn on Nalthis

Shadowspren

Ok, I know there has been talk about Scadrians on Nalthis and their use of Breath.

this question has probably already been asked, but oh well...

Scadrians are born with a little bit of investiture, a small part of Preservation. And it has been said that the one breath that people are born with on Nalthis. If Mistborn have more investiture to be able to use Allomancy, would that transfer to having more breath on Nalthis or would they just have one like everyone else.

More importantly, if a Mistborn gave his Breath away would they not be a Mistborn anymore... I guess this question is dependant upon the answer to the first question. But are there any thoughts?

To my Knowledge, this question hasn't been asked. But all humans are born with a small part of the Invesitue of their Shard, if they have a shard. (threnody Humans don't get Invesiture.) But your Invesiture does not change to match a Planet's specific Invesiture. So no, a Mistborn who traveled to Nalthis could not give up his Breath. However, a Nalthian who Ingested a bead of Lerasium Could still give up his Breath, but we have no way of knowing what would happen if he does. He would lose his Nalthian Invesiture, but I'm not sure how that would affect his Scadrilian Invesiture. 

This question Has been asked (or at least, very close):

NutiketAiel

"If a native of Sel or another Shardworld travelled to Nalthis, would they be a drab?"

Brandon almost answered quickly, but then got a thoughtful look and paused to consider with a "hmm." After a moment, he replied:

Brandon Sanderson

"No, they would not be a drab. But, no one would be able to take their breath."

NutiketAiel

"If such a person died on Nalthis, could they Return?"

Brandon Sanderson

"No, they cannot Return."

NutiketAiel

"If such a person received breath, could they use BioChroma?"

Brandon Sanderson

"Yes."

NutiketAiel

I was probably grinning like a looby at this point, but I didn't care. Brandon complimented me on my questions, saying that I had asked some good ones and that nobody had gotten so much information out of him in a while. I don't know whether he meant it, or was just trying to give me some confidence and make me feel good about myself as an amateur realmatic theorist (very, very amateur), but either way it made me feel like a million bucks.

Brandon’s good at that. I’m consistently amazed by his positive attitude, and just how much attention he lavishes on his fans.

Non-Nathis breath cannot be donated to others. :(

edit: re-formatted quote, for clarity

Edited by entropicscholar

Hemalurgy has become the Severus Snape of the cosmere.

Very nasty (with a few good sides) but has an unusually large fanbase.

Edited by Baine

• Chaos locked this topic