EPS

Hello there!

25 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Longtime cosmere fan here! I've read and own all the canon cosmere works. I've never been one to post theories or get actively involved in book communities, but as I've always enjoyed reading discussions about the cosmere, I figured why not start now.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard! We're glad to have you ^_^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite character?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite character?

Favorite character.... favorite character...

It's so hard to choose just one, but if I had to it would be Kaladin. Or Szeth. Or Dalinar. Or Shai. Or Kelsier. 

Karabast! It's just not gonna happen. 

You know what, I think right now it's Kaladin given how recently Rhythm of War was released, but that's always subject to change. I'm sure that once The Lost Metal is released it'll be Steris or Wayne.

There are many other characters that I'm very interested in seeing where they'll end up like Szeth, and I very dearly want to see more of Shai.

How about you @Not an Ookla?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EPS said:

Hey everyone,

Longtime cosmere fan here! I've read and own all the canon cosmere works. I've never been one to post theories or get actively involved in book communities, but as I've always enjoyed reading discussions about the cosmere, I figured why not start now.

Welcome! What’s your favorite book?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, midnight13 said:

Welcome! What’s your favorite book?

If we're talking full size novels, its either The Ways of Kings or Rhythm of War, probably RoW because of the Cosmereness of it.

If we're including shorts and novellas, then I'd have to say that The Emperor's Soul is way up there. There's something about it that makes it so hard to put down even though there is basically no action.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General Kenobi!

Welcome to the Shard! What Sanderson book did you start with and how did you find it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nameless said:

General Kenobi!

Welcome to the Shard! What Sanderson book did you start with and how did you find it?

My first book was Mistborn after which I completed the trilogy. I honestly don't remember how I found it, but I've always loved fantasy so its possible I just stumbled across it while perusing the fantasy section of the local library. Although I did like the trilogy, at that point I was not specifically a Sanderson fan. It was just a series I liked, and it was only later, which was about 6 or 7 years ago now, that I actually became a fan. My roommate at the time had The Way of Kings and he had suggested it because I liked fantasy. I read it and loved it. Words of Radiance had just come out and I quickly mowed through that as well. At that point I had connected Brandon Sanderson with awesome fantasy books and moved to Warbreaker and Elantris which my roommate also owned. I then researched Sanderson's books and realized that Mistborn, which I had read already, was also his. I reread them which was when I started to make the realization that there as some sort of connection between some of his books. Ever since then I've been reading all the Sanderson cosmere stuff I can get my hands on, plus most of his other series. 

So basically I owe my obsession with the Cosmere to my roommate.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard! Yeah, Way of Kings and Emperor's Soul are awesome, Rhythm of War Cosmere connections were so unexpected! Anyway, hope you like it here, see you around! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the shard! Great choices! Already I can see that we on the shard are going to like you! least favourite book?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! Welcome to the Shard! I hope you have fun on the shard!

 

 

Please accept a cookie! Join the craziness in the Forum Games!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aon Tia said:

Welcome to the shard! Great choices! Already I can see that we on the shard are going to like you! least favourite book?

I'm glad to hear it!

Least favourite of the full size novels would have to be The Alloy of Law although I did still enjoy it.

Including all cosmere canon, its definitely Allomancer Jak. It was fun but I didn't get much out of it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, EPS said:

Favorite character.... favorite character...

It's so hard to choose just one, but if I had to it would be Kaladin. Or Szeth. Or Dalinar. Or Shai. Or Kelsier. 

Karabast! It's just not gonna happen. 

You know what, I think right now it's Kaladin given how recently Rhythm of War was released, but that's always subject to change. I'm sure that once The Lost Metal is released it'll be Steris or Wayne.

There are many other characters that I'm very interested in seeing where they'll end up like Szeth, and I very dearly want to see more of Shai.

How about you @Not an Ookla?

Choosing favorite characters is always hard.

Mine is, uh... the sword, Nightblood!

Edited by Not an Ookla
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EPS said:

I'm glad to hear it!

Least favourite of the full size novels would have to be The Alloy of Law although I did still enjoy it.

Including all cosmere canon, its definitely Allomancer Jak. It was fun but I didn't get much out of it.

Hmm for me it is shadows of self, although it did improve on a re read. BoM saved the whole era 2 for me to be honest, especially the first time around. But in a re-read, I quite enjoyed era 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 9:06 PM, EPS said:

If we're talking full size novels, its either The Ways of Kings or Rhythm of War, probably RoW because of the Cosmereness of it.

If we're including shorts and novellas, then I'd have to say that The Emperor's Soul is way up there. There's something about it that makes it so hard to put down even though there is basically no action.

The way of kings is one of my favorites as well! Who’s your favorite character in the SA?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, midnight13 said:

The way of kings is one of my favorites as well! Who’s your favorite character in the SA?

After Oathbringer it was Szeth mostly because I wanted to see how his redemption arc progressed, but after Rhythm of War it's definitely Kaladin.

What about you?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm... I cannot decide! I really love Shallan, and how she tried to help her brothers like that during her childhood, but I’m also a huge fan of Elend’s arc in WoA. And Hoid is so funny...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard! I love your profile picture.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Welcome to the Shard! I love your profile picture.

Happy to be here! Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, midnight13 said:

And Hoid is so funny..

Agreed.

There's nothing quite like hoidspotting in the cosmere.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just FYI, the moderators don't exactly like double posts. In the future, click Edit, then add in your second comment. You can quote stuff multiple times in each post, so don't be too worried. Welcome to the Shard!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Voidspawn said:

Just FYI, the moderators don't exactly like double posts. In the future, click Edit, then add in your second comment. You can quote stuff multiple times in each post, so don't be too worried. Welcome to the Shard!

So the idea is that for each topic you only have one post. If you want to reply to a post that was posted after you posted your initial post then add that comment to your initial post by editing the initial post. 

I have 2 problems. 1) I can't figure out how to quote another post while editing a previous post. Each time I try to quote it automatically starts in a new post, and once I click Edit on any of my multiple posts in this topic I don't know where to go from there to quote anyone, which is why I've posted again to quote you. (Its not to be annoying, I just don't know how to quote in an edit.) 2) If I just edit my initial comment how will the person I'm replying to know that I've replied to them?

Edited by EPS
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EPS said:

So the idea is that for each topic you only have one post. If you want to reply to a post that was posted after you posted your initial post then add that comment to your initial post by editing the initial post.

no, you just don't have 2 consecutive posts.

i.e. 

Me

You

Me

 

1 minute ago, EPS said:

1) I can't figure out how to quote another post while editing a previous post. Each time I try to quote it automatically starts in a new post

Highlight what you want to quote, then click the 'Quote this' button that pops up.

 

2 minutes ago, EPS said:

2) If I just edit my initial comment how will the person I'm replying to know that I've replied to them?

What i said earlier.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voidspawn said:

no, you just don't have 2 consecutive posts.

i.e. 

Me

You

Me

Ohhhhh. If I was able to, a headsmack emoji would be appropriate.

Wow do I feel like an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Voidspawn said:

Highlight what you want to quote, then click the 'Quote this' button that pops up.

Gotcha. Many thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.