Ishar and kaladin as well as a few theories on the nature of kaladins extra abilities

Valigus

Kaladin has a lot of little indications around him that he isn’t quite a normal windrunner but these have yet to be explained. If anyone 

for example 

1. deflecting the high storm- though this could be an instinctive use of adhesion

2. The way the wind seems to grant him supernatural fighting prowess which is in my mind described almost like atium. The wind blowing around him could be adhesion but I don’t see why that would grant him enhanced senses, speed and coordination especially to the level that it does, on top of the fact that no other windrunner shows this happening nobody else has this kind of wind imagery.

3. Child of tanavast- we know that kaladin being the only person called child of tanavast is significant but we don’t know why yet, it’s possible this imparts him with these other abilities.

4. the way kaladin kills the pursuer is a very very odd instance, it’s possible it’s the standard wind thing but that doesn’t normally do what happened here. Kaladin becomes enraged and gains super speed, a power which as far as we have seen only one other power set in the cosmere grants. (Feruchamy) that’s not even to mention the yellowish red tint to his eyes venli sees which indicates potentially some level of corruption from odium.

if anyone would be able to see understand and explain what is up with all of this it is ishar, the most practiced bondsmith ever, capable seeing connections could surely be able to determine this and in fact this may be what helps convince ishar to help Dalinar, he sincere believes he is an aspect of the almighty but maybe something about kaladin and the fact that the son of tanavast thing may indicate he actually is one.

so what could happen when they meet?

one theory I do have that’s a bit crackpot is that this has soemthing to do with cultivation, cultivation being a god of change and nature seems to me like it very well could have some level of manipulation over stuff like the winds and maybe she granted this power, this could also explained the slightly corrupted eyes since red investiture is corrupted seemingly regardless of what other type is corrupting it. But I also think cultivation is the villain and ha sheen manipulating everyone so take that with a grain of salt.

now my main theory on what kaladin may be, is a sliver of honor. This explains a lot in my mind at least, why odium had 0 connection to kaladin he could exploit except through moash, it also explains why he would be called son of tanavast and makes more sense then some weird far back descendant. On top of that it would explain why kaladin was able to resist the tower’s suppression. And while I know people are gonna say to the last point that’s it was because of his closeness to the fourth ideal but every time we hear someone say that it’s much less a definitive statement and more of a “um... I guess maybe it could be because... he is close to the fourth ideal?..” it’s never a definitive answer and this very much fits all the other weird inconsistencies.

I don't know about most of it but I think he could be instictively using adhession to connect himself to the spiritual realm to sense (like atium) the future as he fights.

After all investiture and surges often do similar things across the cosmere.

Edited by Theoryspren

2 hours ago, Theoryspren said:

I don't know about most of it but I think he could be instictively using adhession to connect himself to the spiritual realm to sense (like atium) the future as he fights.

After all investiture and surges often do similar things across the cosmere.

Yeah that’s possible but it doesn’t explain why other windrunners haven’t done it or why syl is often surprised by such abilities