Dakaladin

Where is the blade representing Testament

4 posts in this topic

After Shallan kills her mother her dad sticks the Testamentblade into his strong box and then shallan kills testament which I assume would leave testament as a blade. What happened to that blade? 

8 minutes ago, Dakaladin said:

After Shallan kills her mother her dad sticks the Testamentblade into his strong box and then shallan kills testament which I assume would leave testament as a blade. What happened to that blade? 

I believe she is still bonded to it.

Yeah, Shallan is still bonded to it. This is the blade she uses to kill Tin (I think that is her name), on the way to the Shattered Plains. So it just puffs to mist. I say this because I don't think Shallan had progressed enough in her oaths for Pattern to become a blade. So I think somehow Shallan killed Testament, mostly, but was still bonded to her because she didn't break her oaths as thoroughly as the Radiants during the Recrenece (mostly because she was a child and didn't know what she was doing). 

Another topic in where this question has been discussed at length:

Short answer, the Testamentblade acts like any other "normal" (dead) Shardblade: is nowhere in the Physical realm until the wielder summons it.