17th Shard Timezone

Chinkoln

What timezone does the Shard run off of? At what point do things reset, and when does a new day officially start on the Shard? There isn't an important reason for me wanting to know this, I am just curious. I have seen a few questions in the past answered and part of the answer was related to timezone. Also, I have been really close to getting the most reputation for a few days now. I am always ahead when I go to sleep, but in the morning there is always someone who passed me by just a few reputations, so I want to know when the count stops adding to me on one day and starts adding to another.

I don't think it's the East Coast, as the birthdays reset around either 7:00 or 8:00 pm there, depending on daylight savings. That could just be a weird birthday fluke thing though, as they reset around 4:04 my time, which means that it can't be exactly at midnight somewhere.

Some things like the leaderboard reset Pacific, but upvotes per day do not have a daily reset time. That goes 24 hours after your first upvote. So it kind of depends and so you'd need to be more specific. There's not really useful answers there. The site should automatically detect your current time zone.

2 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Also, is there a reason that weird spambots tend to come during the later hours where I come from? Any correlation there, I've always been curious about that.

I don't really think this is true. It's just that they have a tendency to last longer at American night time, so you feel there are more bots.

@Spren of Kindness that is because Tor is in East Coast time, so that's when the "release parties" are usually set and that's when the book is available in America.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Some things like the leaderboard reset Pacific, but upvotes per day do not have a daily reset time. That goes 24 hours after your first upvote. So it kind of depends and so you'd need to be more specific. There's not really useful answers there. The site should automatically detect your current time zone.

I don't really think this is true. It's just that they have a tendency to last longer at American night time, so you feel there are more bots.

he means having the most upvoted content, the things that go into the 'days won' count, not when does he get his rep back.

Also, thx, that makes sense.