Who is the Shard’s Biggest Potterhead?

Well it’s definitely not me.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

No controversial opinions here, move along. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Harry Potter is kinda bad. :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Try me.

Alright, let’s go. My first name when I joined this place was SarcasticRavens. This came from my first online tag, which was Ravenclaw_Gamer, which I came up with when I joined Minecraft. SarcasticRaven was a way for me to make it less cringy, getting rid of the Gamer part and shortening it to what my online friends had been calling me for a while, Raven. (Which they still do) My entire history on the internet is filled with Potter.

EDIT: Dannex, get out. :P

Edited by Ghanderflaffle

Just now, Ghanderflaffle said:

Alright, let’s go. My first name when I joined this place was SarcasticRavens. This came from my first online tag, which was Ravenclaw_Gamer, which I came up with when I joined Minecraft. SarcasticRaven was a way for me to make it less cringy, getting rid of the Gamer part and shortening it to what my online friends had been calling me for a while, Raven. (Which they still do) My entire history on the internet is filled with Potter.

Did you ever start up a Wandmaking business with your friend?

I gathered sticks at recess and forced my friends who have never read the books to duel me. Along with random people who walked by.

Amazing. A true gentleman lady (gentlelady?). And they call her a Ravenclaw.

Name the most obscure bit of Wizarding World lore you can think of.

My pet’s names are Dobby and Hagrid, I once did such an accurate cosplay of Luna Lovegood that a professional group of cosplayers mistook me for their missing Luna and people kept trying to form lines to take pictures with me, and I can tell you where a good deal of the character’s names were derived from. I shall prove my worth!!! Also Ravenclaw forever!!!

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I don't know anything about how the movies were made. The world lore, in other words.

Wizards (the older ones who have spent more time in the wizarding world), don’t like to wear pants. They wear robes and only wear pants if they must.

Edited by Ghanderflaffle

Wizards (the older ones who have spent more time in the wizard inn world), don’t like to wear pants. They wear robes and only wear pants if they must.

I know two weirdly obscure things:

• Back in the 1800s, wizards would just crap on the floor and vanish the refuse.
  • Once upon a time, there was a squib from a pureblood family who wanted very desperatly to be a wizard like everyone else. He refused to believe he wasn't when his letter from Hogwarts never arrived. His solution? Sneak onto the Hogwarts express, disguise himself as another student, and make a beeline for the Sorting Hat the moment he got into the Great Hall. He took the hat and plopped it on his head, demanding to know which house he was in. The Sorting Hat and informed him that he was, in fact, a squib, and not magical. The Sorting Hat offered the position of school janitor if he really wanted to stay at Hogwarts, though.

The golden snidget is a small, magical golden bird that used to be set loose at quidditch games before the invention of the snitch. The players wouldn’t try to catch the bird, the spectators could win prize money if they were the ones to capture the snidget. The bird is small, about the size of a snitch, and very fast. It has wings that can rotate to change directions quickly. 

Poor Filch’s backstory makes me sad every time :( 

Hermione’s patronus is an otter because it is in the same family as weasels, and she loves a Weasley. The Weasleys keep trying to prove that they aren’t purebloods by claiming that random famous muggles are related to them, but this makes everyone not believe them even more. Luna’s patronus is a rabbit and Cho’s is a swan. 

They had to replace the snitch bird because the use of it as a ball was making it go extinct.

1 minute ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

The golden snidget is a small, magical golden bird that used to be set loose at quidditch games before the invention of the snitch. The players wouldn’t try to catch the bird, the spectators could win prize money if they were the ones to capture the snidget. The bird is small, about the size of a snitch, and very fast. It has wings that can rotate to change directions quickly. 

Back in the day, any of the players could catch the snitch for the 150 points. They'd all abandon the quaffle, bludgers, and goalposts to try and catch it. It's now an endangered species because of how easy it was to kill the poor thing.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Hermione’s patronus is an otter because it is in the same family as weasels, and she loves a Weasley. The Weasleys keep trying to prove that they aren’t purebloods by claiming that random famous muggles are related to them, but this makes everyone not believe them even more. Luna’s patronus is a rabbit and Cho’s is a swan. 

I could start my "Magic System of Harry Potter" rant here... but I think I'll save it. For now.

4 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Wizards (the older ones who have spent more time in the wizarding world), don’t like to wear pants. They wear robes and only wear pants if they must.

Even I know that, it’s rather obvious. We don’t see them wear pants, therefore they don’t like wearing pants. Easy.

The most obscure thing I know is that the potters fortune was made by Harry’s grandfather inventing a hair product or something.

6 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Build a little with Ron’s patronus, which is relatively common knowledge. Ron’s is a Jack Russel Terrior, which are used to hunt weasels, otters, that kind of thing. This symbolizes Ron chasing Hermione. (Now I’m in English class with symbolism)

Moving out of lore a little bit, I reread Harry Potter, the entire series including Beetle, Fantastic Beasts, and Quidditch Through the Ages, every summer. I have no less than 3 Pottermore Wizarding World accounts, I have reset all of them at least twice so I could take the tests again. I have gotten Ravenclaw every single time except for one, which was Gryffindor. My wand is almost exactly the same as Voldemort’s, yew wood with Phoenix core, 13 and 1/4 inches (the length sometimes varies). I’ve had lots of patronuses, most are some kind of ruminant. I’ve had 2 Ilvermorny houses, Pukwudgie and Thunderbird.

1 minute ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Moving out of lore a little bit, I reread Harry Potter, the entire series including Beetle, Fantastic Beasts, and Quidditch Through the Ages, every summer. I have no less than 3 Pottermore Wizarding World accounts, I have reset all of them at least twice so I could take the tests again. I have gotten Ravenclaw every single time except for one, which was Gryffindor. My wand is almost exactly the same as Voldemort’s, yew wood with Phoenix core, 13 and 1/4 inches (the length sometimes varies). I’ve had lots of patronuses, most are some kind of ruminant. I’ve had 2 Ilvermorny houses, Pukwudgie and Thunderbird.

I have all 'dem books and stuffs, but I don't read them on a consistent basis. I have no clue how many accounts I have, because I keep forgetting my scudding password. I'm a Ravenclaw, through and through (just check my profile page). My Ilvermorny house is... Thunderbird? Pukwudgie? I don't really remember.

My wand: Cedar wood, 10 and 3/4 inches, Unicorn Tail Hair core, and Slightly Springy Flexibility. My ace of spades for the title of "biggest Potterhead" is that I actually know what all that means.

My wand is spruce wood with a phoenix feather core, 13 3/4” and quite bendy flexibility, meaning that my wand is hard to win over but very powerful and loyal once you do and I have a big personality and am very easy going. My patronus is a buffalo.

My signature has had Harry Potter stuff in it for months, but here it is anyway.

I'm a Ravenclaw with an otter patronus. I have a 11.5 inch blackthorn wand with a unicorn hair core. I am an Irish boy. I am a pureblood with auror parents.

I spent about 3 years in a HP Minecraft server called Knockturn Alley. My name was Tillie Stevenson, I was muggleborn, a Ravenclaw, 2nd year. I was also a chaser on the quidditch team. I spent hours practicing spells. The only reason I stopped was because I was on a school laptop and the school switched to iPads (which suck). I constantly want to rejoin the server.

I also converted four of my cousins (13, 10ish, 10ish, and 7 years old) to Harry Potter and I am considered the chief nerd in my family. When any of them have questions they come to me. 

For the release of Cursed Child I begged my mom to let me go to what I dubbed “Nerd Fest,” which was the release party. She refused because I had to show sheep the next day, but I continue to reference it to this day.

I have named numerous pets after characters. I have had Helga, Hedwig, and Umbridge as sheep. I can’t even count how many cats I have named after characters, but I normally have 1-3 litters per year of 3-5 kittens. When I was younger at least 2 kittens out of each litter was named after someone. (Now most are after Sanderson and we have less cats). There was one year where we had a good 27 cats (apparently it was a fertile year) and at least 10 were Potter names. (Don’t worry, I only have 4 cats now. I’m a little less crazy).