The Imperial fool

MGershone

3 hours ago, MGershone said:

How do we know this? (It's probably in Mistborn: Secret History, which I'm in the middle of, right?)

We got the info on the Moon Scepter from signings

ParadoxicalZen

How exactly is the Moon Scepter linked to the Dor?

Brandon Sanderson

The Moon Scepter is-- I suppose I can canonize this, now. Okay you're getting one out of me. So the big thing about the Moon Scepter that it was-- It is a Rosetta stone for the [Selish] magics. Meaning it translates them from one to another, and what the different symbols mean, does that make sense.

Shadows of Self London UK signing (Oct. 19, 2015)

As for the Imperial Fool being Hoid, there's a deleted prologue:

https://www.brandonsanderson.com/the-emperors-soul-deleted-prologue-imperial-fool/

On 1/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, MGershone said:

How do we know this? (It's probably in Mistborn: Secret History, which I'm in the middle of, right?)

The earliest time we learned this (I believe) was this WoB from before the deleted Prologue was publicly released, there are a few others where he also confirmed the Imperial Fool to be Hoid.

Jean_Santos45

Are Legion and Emperor's Soul contained in their own worlds or are they part of the universe of The Stormlight Archive, etc (anywhere with Hoid in it. lol)

Brandon Sanderson

The Emperor's Soul is set on Sel, the world of Elantris. It's far off, though, so you have to have your eyes open to catch the clues. Hoid shows up in a deleted scene, and is referenced in the story.

Footnote: Legion, like all Brandon's stories set on Earth, is not set in the cosmere.
Fantasy Faction Q&A (May 21, 2012)

On 1/11/2021 at 0:32 AM, Honorless said:

We got the info on the Moon Scepter from signings

As for the Imperial Fool being Hoid, there's a deleted prologue:

https://www.brandonsanderson.com/the-emperors-soul-deleted-prologue-imperial-fool/

Wow. That is an awesome prologue / deleted scene, and for Cosmere aficionados the interaction with Hoid is wonderful... But the way the TES works with Mary's feedback definitely makes it more elegant as a standalone story, and what moves it from A Great Cosmere Novella to Hugo Award Winning Novella.