Veil,Shallan, Radiant

Wittless

On 20/1/2021 at 2:40 PM, Quick Ben said:

If the book was based in the real world than what your saying would be correct, however the book isn't set in the real world, it is set in a fictional world where "our perception of mental illness isn't applied", the in world concept of mental health issues is and i am paraphrasing, there newest concept here is "put them in a dark room". Given what i have just said it makes no sense for no one to mention/talk about Shallans deteriorating mental state. You are projecting our ideas about mental health on to characters that think completely different than us and arguing that they are/should be following our concepts rather than there own

Nope, I'm talking about her friends and husband, it's normal that they try to understand her. Furthermore, she is a Radiant, I don't think that anyone would dare to "lock her up " because of her status, and the ones who could do it are her friends. And to be honest our society sucks when it comes to our perception of mental health, it's full of stereotypes, misunderstandings and a general lack of knowledge about the subject (this post is a clear example)