Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Brafin

Why Hello There

9 posts in this topic

Hello! I’m James, and I’m glad to be here on the site. I’m kind of new to the fandom but I’m really enjoying Mistborn, and looking forward to reading Mr. Sanderson’s body of works (I’m a huge fan of the Rithmatist and some of his other non-Cosmere works). I’m fascinated and interested in anything, but I have a special love for dragons, baking, music, writing, and games that make me think (though I tend to be terrible at all of them). Pretty quiet and shy but really excited! 

Hello, James. Would you like to destroy some evil today? 

1 hour ago, James Brafin said:

Hello! I’m James, and I’m glad to be here on the site. I’m kind of new to the fandom but I’m really enjoying Mistborn, and looking forward to reading Mr. Sanderson’s body of works (I’m a huge fan of the Rithmatist and some of his other non-Cosmere works). I’m fascinated and interested in anything, but I have a special love for dragons, baking, music, writing, and games that make me think (though I tend to be terrible at all of them). Pretty quiet and shy but really excited! 

General Kenobi. *laughs* You are a bold one.

In all seriousness, welcome to the Shard! I saw that no one responded to your introduction yet and I was taking a break from hw, lol.

But dude, Mistborn is so good! I'm actually glad that you're enjoying it so far. It's storyline and lore is amazing and I can't wait for you to get through it all. I read both of the Mistborn trilogies over quarantine, so I'm wishing you the best of luck! Make sure that you don't read any spoilers, 'cause I really don't want to ruin the ending for ya.

Hey, I love music and writing as well. What do you think your favorite thing about doing those sorts of things is? I love that I can be able to relax when both listening to music and writing for either my classes or because I want to. If you're interested, there is a really active role-playing community here. All of the people there are super nice, so give it a chance if you're interested.

Either way, welcome to the chaos Shard! I hope that you have a good time here!

Welcome to the Shard! Glad you're enjoying Mistborn!

Going to get all wrapped up in this introduction business now

20 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Glad you're enjoying Mistborn!

Just pretend I said that too. Nice to meet you!

3 hours ago, James Brafin said:

Mistborn is great, isn't it? I also have a special place in my heart for dragons! They're just so... awesome! 

Welcome to the Shard!

Welcome to the Shard, @James Brafin! Non-Cosmere works, huh? Have you read Perfect State or Dreamer? Please do read them if you haven't yet, my recommendation goes to them as pretty darn good! 

I haven’t read most of the non-cosmere Brandos, but I got bored and read Perfect State during a slow day of work. Nice piece of short fiction. I’ll second the rec. 

Hello, friend, welcome to the Shard!