Shardplate spren

Tacitus

10 minutes ago, Tani said:

Why would he be darkeyes? Don't the Honorblades turn your eyes light, like Moash's dead Shardblade or Kaladin's live Sylblade?

Only when you have it summoned.

5 minutes ago, mathiau said:

They did not, otherwise Taln would have had orange (yellow?) eyes when he arrived at Alethkar but he had dark-brown eyes

Hmm, didn't consider that. That's interesting, because Szeth's eyes do change. Are the Heralds immune to it due to the CS thing or something?

Just now, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Only when you have it summoned.

Isn't that only for 3rd Oath Radiants? I think once Moash had finished bounding his blade his eyes never changed until he got taken by the Fused

Hmm, didn't consider that. That's interesting, because Szeth's eyes do change. Are the Heralds immune to it due to the CS thing or something?

Wait, Szeth's eyes changed when he had Jezien's blade? I don't remember that at all

1 hour ago, mathiau said:

Wait, Szeth's eyes changed when he had Jezien's blade? I don't remember that at all

Only when he summons it, but yeah. WoK I-3:

What would these men say if they knew that the man who emptied their chamber pot was a Shardbearer and a Surgebinder? A Windrunner, like the Radiants of old? The moment he summoned his Blade, his eyes would turn from dark green to pale—almost glowing—sapphire, a unique effect of his particular weapon.

Edited by LewsTherinTelescope

Color coding these pairs by the order's colors....

Getting the basics out of the way, confirmed already:

Windrunners -> Windspren,
Elsecallers -> Logicspren,
Lightweavers -> Creationspren,

The next two might as well be directly confirmed by BA, as that is the only way to prove it wrong at this point.

Edgedancers -> Lifespren,
Bondsmiths -> Gloryspren.

Very solid guesses, likely.

Dusbringers -> Flamespren
Skybreakers -> Gravityspren
(May be same thing as Luckspren, uncertain)
Truthwatchers -> Concentration Spren

Less certain personal guesses for the rest

Stonewards -> Bindspren (If they bind like how the strong and weak forces in the world work, that kind of goes into how the powers of the Stonewards themselves work as described by Raboniel. And I think it fits better than the other spren we know of, and 'I do not know, so probably a spren we have not heard of')
Willshapers -> Starspren (I know this might have issues with the spren being more loners as some have said, but the rest of it fits so well with them. Their order was known to be capricious, to a degree most found them difficult to work with, at the whims of their individuality at times. Ability to go to another world in a sense, as one of their powers. All of this contrasting with the starspren, who are also difficult to work with due to their odd natures to find, etc, even if good. They show another world to people in a manner of speaking. Strong sense of the splendor of individuality, and also wanting to help spread independence and freedom to others. If there is such a thing as a libertyspren, the opposite of capitivityspren which we do know exist, then that would probably be my pick, but alas, we do not have one. And Starspren works).

Edited by AirsickAviar

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2021 at 0:58 PM, mathiau said:

They did not, otherwise Taln would have had orange (yellow?) eyes when he arrived at Alethkar but he had dark-brown eyes

Don’t they only temporarily change your eye color once you summon them? I remember reading something Kaladin said along the lines of “I summon Syl so much that my eyes are always light”

14 hours ago, Squoop said:

Don’t they only temporarily change your eye color once you summon them? I remember reading something Kaladin said along the lines of “I summon Syl so much that my eyes are always light”

That seems to only be true for 3rd Oath Radiants and Honourblades, Moash eyes stayed for all the time he was bounded with his blade.

Kaladin has said that his eyes stay light longer the more he summons Syl. During his time with the Wall Guard in Kholinar, he said that he had to summon Syl several times a day to get his eyes to stay light. Somewhere near the beginning of Rhythm of War, he said that his eyes had started to stay light for longer, and possibly forever.

On 2021-01-24 at 11:16 PM, Inkspren_K said:

I had a crazy theory about this, so this may not work, but would all radiants of the same order need to have the same lesser spren in their plate?

For example, creationspren would make complete sense for Shallan's plate, and many other artistic Lightweavers, but what if you have a Lightweaver who isn't artistic in that way? Could they use a different spren that better fits them? For example could a musicspren be used instead, or even something completely different? Similarly, Logicspren make complete sense for Jasnah, but another Elsecaller might not be as logical. 

So could the spren used be related to the individual radiant and what brings them joy? Flying on the wind brings Kaladin joy, so windspren, Logic brings Jasnah joy so logic spren, drawing brings Shallan joy so creation spren, doing something great/impactful brings Dalinar joy so gloryspren. Some types of spren would certainly be more common for certain orders, just wondering if they could sometimes be different. 

This may have already been disproven, but I'm just throwing it out there and looking for other's thoughts on this theory.

I like it. So basically whichever spren type has a special affinity to that Radiant will be the type of spren that will form the shardplate for him/her.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, Theoryspren said:

Logicspren - Elsecallers

Creationspren - Lightweavers

Gloryspren - Bondsmiths

Flamespren or Decayspren - Dustbringer

Lifespren - Edgedancers

Gravitation spren other times called Luckspren - Skybreakers

These are my theories and the theories of others on similar threads.

Probably Gravitationspren for Skybreakers, as we know that luckspren are involved in other processes and gravitation is one of the Skybreaker surges. Most likely, each spren represents a surge for that order, though that doesn't explain gloryspren or logicspren or tell us what the Truthwatcher, Stonewared, and Willshaper spren are.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:50 AM, Morningtide said:

Kaladin has said that his eyes stay light longer the more he summons Syl. During his time with the Wall Guard in Kholinar, he said that he had to summon Syl several times a day to get his eyes to stay light. Somewhere near the beginning of Rhythm of War, he said that his eyes had started to stay light for longer, and possibly forever.

Yes, but then his eyes turn dark during the occupation since he goes weeks without summoning Syl.

Just now, Ander Stormwindrunner said:

Yes, but then his eyes turn dark during the occupation since he goes weeks without summoning Syl.

No double posting please, there's a multi-quote button for this :)

(the + next to Quote)

18 minutes ago, Ander Stormwindrunner said:

Oh, sorry, I made the first post and then wanted to make another.

It's possible to edit a post and add a citation by first clicking the quote button then copy-pasting the content of the "new post" box in the post to edit

• 5 months later...

There's a lot of people here guessing concentrationspren for Truthwatchers, since logicspren are spoken for. I think that's a solid guess, but there is one other possibility I can think of from the spren we've seen; awespren. They're described as a rippling ring of blue smoke, which brings to mind the idea of mist for me, and the idea of being awed seems like it would fit an order of Radiants devoted to seeking out and discovering universal truths.

I'd like to double down and/ push back on a few of these

On 21/03/2021 at 8:26 AM, AirsickAviar said:

Skybreakers -> Gravityspren (May be same thing as Luckspren, uncertain)

The workform that the singers use is powered by a gravitationspren. Traits for these include greater obedience, greater difficulty of causing violence and are more likely to find peaceful solutions.

Truthwatchers > Rain Spren(The have the appearance of glowing, ankle-height, blue candles that, despite seeming to melt, never grow shorter, with a SINGLE EYE at the top of their body. They often stand in puddles.) I also believe that these are the same spren used for meditationform but I have no proof. Meditationform can bestow improved speech capabilities, or better ability to convince or bestow information upon others.

On 21/03/2021 at 8:26 AM, AirsickAviar said:

Stonewards -> Bindspren (If they bind like how the strong and weak forces in the world work, that kind of goes into how the powers of the Stonewards themselves work as described by Raboniel. And I think it fits better than the other spren we know of, and 'I do not know, so probably a spren we have not heard of')

I'd argue painspren as that's what singers use for warform, reasoning is the same as the other singer bond spren theories.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 11:53 AM, BrightLord Swageas said:

Truthwatchers > Rain Spren(The have the appearance of glowing, ankle-height, blue candles that, despite seeming to melt, never grow shorter, with a SINGLE EYE at the top of their body. They often stand in puddles.) I also believe that these are the same spren used for meditationform but I have no proof. Meditationform can bestow improved speech capabilities, or better ability to convince or bestow information upon others.

I would like to support this theory for a couple reasons. First, I think it makes a lot of sense that a minor spren of Mistspren would be rainspren, similar to how honor spren are similar to windspren. Second, I think there is good reason to believe in some symmetry in the table, so having a natural spren mirroring the emotional glory spren makes sense to me. Would create a line of 5 natural spren (wind, gravitation, flame, life rain), before switching over to emotion spren (glory, logic, creation). This is just a guess.

On another order, what do people think of musicspren for Willshaper plate? It would be a spren that Singers could easily attract, has some association with stone already (changing Ryshadium to better run on stone). What I really like about this is that Timbre is a musical term and given what we learned in RoW, there is a strong connection between light and music. Why not have musicspren be the minor spren of lightspren?