The Unknown Ajah

56 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Ceros tilted his head to the side, glancing up at the Alausoo man.

“You lied? Tried to harbour a spy?” He asked, a grin tugging at his lips. His own spy had ratted him out. He glanced at Arknon. “That isn’t very seemly for a diplomatic meeting, is it, general?”

@Not an Ookla

@The Unknown Order

"This meeting isn't completely diplomatic either, Professor." He pulls out some blueprints. "General, I, and all the people of Aukarnit, are willing to make a deal."

"I will kill you if you try to attack me," She says, then lowers her voice. "I don't want your help."

Raising her voice again, she says, "I do not know this idiot guy and why don't you continue discussing your things and pretend I don't exist. And why is everyone whispering? Is this like, not a meeting or what?"

Avaraliin sighs again. He looks the slightly familiar man in the eye and says, "She is clearly being delusional. This happens from time to time."

Yes, he is wearing gloves. You're welcome, @Exotwo. Last chance.

27 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

"I will kill you if you try to attack me," She says, then lowers her voice. "I don't want your help."

Raising her voice again, she says, "I do not know this idiot guy and why don't you continue discussing your things and pretend I don't exist. And why is everyone whispering? Is this like, not a meeting or what?"

Avaraliin sighs again. He looks the slightly familiar man in the eye and says, "She is clearly being delusional. This happens from time to time."

"I AM NOT DILLUSIONAL." Edge shouts, directly into the guy's ear, "YOU ARE BECAUSE YOU THINK I NEED HELP, WELL NO I DON'T."

and with that, Edge pulls out her sword and swings directly at the man's head.  

2 hours ago, Exotwo said:

"I AM NOT DILLUSIONAL." Edge shouts, directly into the guy's ear, "YOU ARE BECAUSE YOU THINK I NEED HELP, WELL NO I DON'T."

and with that, Edge pulls out her sword and swings directly at the man's head.  

Ark stops the swing with Telekinesis. "Does anyone here have Knockout Absorption?"

In order to knock Edge out, sorry Exo, but we need to get in with the meeting. I think I am here, you have Knockout Absorption. 

Hey, everyone. Usually, we don’t remove characters from the RP (even if it is temporary like a knockout) without the writer’s permission. Like you can’t go up to a character and say ‘I knock out Edge’ or ‘I kill Edge’ because it’s polite to just RP an action and let Exo decide how Edge realistically reacts to it (eg. ‘Edge gets knocked out’ or ‘Edge escapes’). Sometimes people don’t want their characters knocked out and inactive temporarily, and that’s fine.

47 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Ark stops the swing with Telekinesis. "Does anyone here have Knockout Absorption?"

Ceros’ eyes widened and he took a step back. The meeting had dissolved into violence.

“I do,” he said, raising a hand slightly. Knockout Absorption was the first thing he’d learnt.

“But I’d need skin contact. And she’d probably use her death absorption on me before I could knock her out.”

32 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Ceros’ eyes widened and he took a step back. The meeting had dissolved into violence.

“I do,” he said, raising a hand slightly. Knockout Absorption was the first thing he’d learnt.

“But I’d need skin contact. And she’d probably use her death absorption on me before I could knock her out.”

Something about knockout absorption... and then what? 

"Uh, I don't have death absorption hello?" Edge says.

8 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

Something about knockout absorption... and then what? 

"Uh, I don't have death absorption hello?" Edge says.

Ceros clasped his hands behind his back, eyeing the corpse of the soldier next to her. Either she was playing stupid, or...

“You don’t know your own power,” he said. Typical for a native to not understand higher ventures. Still, if she ever learned her magic she could become truly dangerous.

Walking forward, Ceros decided to risk it and quickly tried to grab her wrist and knock her out using his power.

Just to be clear: so I’ve RPed Ceros’ action, but because it concerns Exo’s character, Exo decides whether it works or Edge pulls away or something else. :) 

"I am not delusional, you are because you think I need help, well no I don't!" The girl shouts right in Avaraliin's ear. He flinches slightly, opening his mouth to respond.

Then she swung a sword at his head.

He manages to look unfazed through sheer force of will.

Just great, he thinks, I tried to help an actually delusional person.

"Does anyone here have Knockout Absorption?" The other man asks.

“I do," The slightly familiar man says. "But I’d need skin contact. And she’d probably use her death absorption on me before I could knock her out."

"Uh, I don't have death absorption, hello?" The girl says. 

“You don’t know your own power,” The slightly familiar man replies to her.

"There's always the whack-on-the-head method," Avaraliin notes, trying to catch up on the conversation. He glances at the girl. "And you clearly have death absorption. No need to deny it."

This has been bothering me, is death absorption supposed to be capitalized? Also, please let some of us respond so there's no responses in quick succession between two people. Now my guy looks really odd just standing there.

Edited by Not an Ookla

1 hour ago, Not an Ookla said:

"I am not delusional, you are because you think I need help, well no I don't!" The girl shouts right in Avaraliin's ear. He flinches slightly, opening his mouth to respond.

Then she swung a sword at his head.

He manages to look unfazed through sheer force of will.

Just great, he thinks, I tried to help an actually delusional person.

"Does anyone here have Knockout Absorption?" The other man asks.

“I do," The slightly familiar man says. "But I’d need skin contact. And she’d probably use her death absorption on me before I could knock her out."

"Uh, I don't have death absorption, hello?" The girl says. 

“You don’t know your own power,” The slightly familiar man replies to her.

"There's always the whack-on-the-head method," Avaraliin notes, trying to catch up on the conversation. He glances at the girl. "And you clearly have death absorption. No need to deny it."

It should, they all should be. It's kinda hard, considering that we're trying to keep the story going. I'll try, but I think we have very different timezones. 

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Ceros clasped his hands behind his back, eyeing the corpse of the soldier next to her. Either she was playing stupid, or...

“You don’t know your own power,” he said. Typical for a native to not understand higher ventures. Still, if she ever learned her magic she could become truly dangerous.

Walking forward, Ceros decided to risk it and quickly tried to grab her wrist and knock her out using his power.

"No reason to be so hasty, I merely asked as a precaution." He might be one to worry about, not much regard for human safety, interrogation as a hobby, none of them good. 

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

"No reason to be so hasty, I merely asked as a precaution." He might be one to worry about, not much regard for human safety, interrogation as a hobby, none of them good. 

Ceros stopped his grab midway through, then pulled back, brushing his hand over his uniform idly.

“Apologies, General,” he said, then nodded to the Alausoo man. “Anyway, I suppose this meeting’s off to a great start.”

12 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Ceros stopped his grab midway through, then pulled back, brushing his hand over his uniform idly.

“Apologies, General,” he said, then nodded to the Alausoo man. “Anyway, I suppose this meeting’s off to a great start.”

"I'm just gonna sit over here and not do anything, if that's okay with you."

Edge sat down and tried to interpret what the science guy said. 

You don't know your own power...

What had that meant? Could she use her magic for something other than healing? Edge reached out farther in her mind, even farther then she had before, trying to find something.

Then her mind split into two.

She mind-pocketed
So starting the meeting.

Also, here's a helpful tool for the magic tree:

Spoiler

2021-01-10.thumb.png.f4a7fee0fd651e4d394f69c59041bb0c.png

there we go.

Edited by Exotwo
added picture

2 hours ago, Exotwo said:

"I'm just gonna sit over here and not do anything, if that's okay with you."

Edge sat down and tried to interpret what the science guy said. 

You don't know your own power...

What had that meant? Could she use her magic for something other than healing? Edge reached out farther in her mind, even farther then she had before, trying to find something.

Then her mind split into two.

Thanks, that's cool. My mind has always imagined similar to that, so it's nice to see something close.

"Back to the deal." He gestures at the blueprints. "We have the technology to destroy the Alausoo, but we are also willing to do a trade." He pauses for a time. "If the Alausoo withdraw and sign a document that says we are pur own country, we will give you access to this technology."

Feel free to accept, the Alausoo will attack no matter what.

Edited by The Unknown Order

"Back to the deal. We have the technology to destroy the Alausoo, but we are also willing to do a trade. If the Alausoo withdraw and sign a document that says we are our own country, we will give you access to this technology," The General points to the blueprints.

"I'd like more details," Avaraliin says after a moment. Either way, he's going to accept. They all know it. He glances at the girl in the corner. "And I don't suppose we could talk elsewhere?"

Edited by Not an Ookla

1 hour ago, Not an Ookla said:

"Back to the deal. We have the technology to destroy the Alausoo, but we are also willing to do a trade. If the Alausoo withdraw and sign a document that says we are our own country, we will give you access to this technology," The General points to the blueprints.

"I'd like more details," Avaraliin says after a moment. Either way, he's going to accept. They all know it. He glances at the girl in the corner. "And I don't suppose we could talk elsewhere?"

He speaks softly, "wait... girl, do you have a way to contact the natives?" He pauses, thinking, "If so, I will allow you to listen to the conversation with one condition, you bring them a message."

@Exotwo

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

He speaks softly, "wait... girl, do you have a way to contact the natives?" He pauses, thinking, "If so, I will allow you to listen to the conversation with one condition, you bring them a message."

@Exotwo

"err..." Edge said, one half of her mind thinking of ways to contact and the other half trying to think of what would happen if the natives did. "My name is Edge, and I- let's just say that I would rather not go to the natives again. I can lead you there, or I can-"

Just shut up and not agree to anything. She adds mentally.

"Send them an anonymous message."

"And also is it normal to have your mind split into two?"

1 minute ago, Exotwo said:

"err..." Edge said, one half of her mind thinking of ways to contact and the other half trying to think of what would happen if the natives did. "My name is Edge, and I- let's just say that I would rather not go to the natives again. I can lead you there, or I can-"

Just shut up and not agree to anything. She adds mentally.

"Send them an anonymous message."

"And also is it normal to have your mind split into two?"

"That would not work, what is the problem with talking to them? Oh, it is if you know how to make Mind Pockets."

10 hours ago, Exotwo said:

I'm going to wait for I think I am here to respond

Thanks. While I appreciate the 9-hour wait, it’s fine, you don’t have to slow down your RPing for me :) 

Ceros stilled, watching the general talk to that savage about communicating to other savages, and hearing the general offer a few of their mechanical blueprints.

He fumbled with his hands, keeping a close eye on the native girl. Oh, the ways he could torment her little mind...

While Ceros didn’t adore the fact that the technology the Ministry of Science had been working so hard on was being offered as a bargaining chip, he at least found peace in the fact that the truly powerful machines were still kept secret. Those were the most fun, after all.

“Details, details, details,” he said to the Alausoo representative. Did he really have to stall? Everybody knew he was going to accept.

Ceros gestured to himself. “I’m Ceros, from the Ministry of Science. What details do you need? I happen to have an expertise in this matter.”

@Not an Ookla

Name: Aua

Desciption: An old man, an Aukarnit of some small renown. Generally carries a wooden staff, and appears unreadable to most.

Magic: Life absorber, has learned Perfect Protection in prolongation, along with Major Age Prevention. So seeing as how he appears old... He's been around for a while. He's close to Perfect Age Prevention, but can't quite get a hold on it.

Some general info: Was called to a settlement for some reason. the Aukarnit wouldn't tell him why they chose him to go, but he assumes it has something to do with the fact he has Perfect protection.

Sorry I'm late!

Aua walked barefooted through the streets. The Alausoo were most definitely not humble, with towns and cities like this. Moving stone from the very earth to build Castles? They claimed to have superior technology to the tribes, but obviously they lacked the knowledge to go with it. Did they know trees took exhaling breaths, and turned them into air? They were willing to cut down the tree to build houses. Did they know why it rains? They freely drank its waters. The Alausoo stumbled upon innovation, where the Ua'alo used what they had, understood what they had.

Edited by Omi the Counselor

1 hour ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Aua walked barefooted through the streets. The Alausoo were most definitely not humble, with towns and cities like this. Moving stone from the very earth to build Castles? They claimed to have superior technology to the Aukarnit, but obviously they lacked the knowledge to go with it. Did they know trees took exhaling breaths, and turned them into air? They were willing to cut down the tree to build houses. Did they know why it rains? They freely drank its waters. The Alausoo stumbled upon innovation, where the Aukarnit used what they had, understood what they had.

Is the settlement Alausooan or Aukarnithian? You call them Alausoo, but that could be explained by them being descendants of Alausoo. I've just been calling the natives natives, but if you want a different name just invent a tribe name.

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Ceros stilled, watching the general talk to that savage about communicating to other savages, and hearing the general offer a few of their mechanical blueprints.

He fumbled with his hands, keeping a close eye on the native girl. Oh, the ways he could torment her little mind...

While Ceros didn’t adore the fact that the technology the Ministry of Science had been working so hard on was being offered as a bargaining chip, he at least found peace in the fact that the truly powerful machines were still kept secret. Those were the most fun, after all.

“Details, details, details,” he said to the Alausoo representative. Did he really have to stall? Everybody knew he was going to accept.

Ceros gestured to himself. “I’m Ceros, from the Ministry of Science. What details do you need? I happen to have an expertise in this matter.”

@Not an Ookla

The current blueprints are defective in case they were stolen. Just so you know.

Channelknight Fadran, Condensation, character sheets please (Papers Please, anyone)? We have two story lines to join, we should join the two relatively soon though.

@Channelknight Fadran @Condensation