The Bald Brandon

19 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

Antagonists actually (antagonists are bad guys right? I can never remember). Protagonists are the Aukarnithians. 

21 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

Natives have Indian/aboriginal at the tien of discovery level technology. Alausoo have medieval technology. Do whatever for the people, I don't have much worldbuilding done for them.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Natives have Indian/aboriginal at the tien of discovery level technology. Alausoo have medieval technology. Do whatever for the people, I don't have much worldbuilding done for them.

EXCELLENT-

(and a tip- for the text to show up you can highlight the text and a "Quote this" comes up.)

Ok, I'll think up a backstory for a Alausoo. You were ok with the power level?

Character ^_^ I guess I’ll have him show up to the meeting as well.

Spoiler

Name: Ceros Arlingson

Description: Has an average build. Fit, but you can tell he’s never been in a war. Normal black hair and brown eyes. Unassuming, though he’s dressed in high-quality clothing which marks him as someone of a high rank. He commonly wears his ministry uniform, which is yellow with black patterning. Has spectacles.

Magic: Life Absorption, has learnt Absorption up to Major Memory Stealing and Major Memory Planting.

Background: Was always more interested in mechanics than warfare, worked for the nation engineering warships before working his way into politics and as a high ranking member of the Ministry of Science, also leading experimental inventions and anything that could lead to getting the upper hand. Believes the natives deserve to be colonised. Secretly, due to his powers, has also been utilised for torture and brainwashing of captives.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Ark looked at the diplomatic disaster that was his life, and he couldn't complain. Good fortune had brought him here, so he couldn't complain about his lack of it now. No matter. He had an important meeting that he must be getting too. As he passed he waved at his men, soldiers, if they were going to be risking their lives for him, he thought they were reasonable to expect some goodwill. As he approached the meeting he could feel his anxiousness, this meeting could make or break the war effort, so he had to do everything in his power to make this meeting help the war. If only it were so easy.

As he walked, a man approached, walking in lockstep beside him. He was slightly shorter than the general, and his distinctive yellow uniform separated him from the soldiers: this was a man more used to the behind-the-scenes of warfare.

“General Arknon,” he said, nodding respectfully as they walked. He looked ahead, gesturing to himself. “I’m Ceros Arlingson. Ministry of Science? Apparently a representative of the ministry is also needed for this meeting. Hence, me.”

He walked a few steps in silence, then glanced back at the general, grinning.

“Don’t worry, sir. If you saw some of the new ships we’ve been working on, you wouldn’t worry so much for diplomacy. We could crush Alausoo with the new things we’ve been developing.”

10 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

As he walked, a man approached, walking in lockstep beside him. He was slightly shorter than the general, and his distinctive yellow uniform separated him from the soldiers: this was a man more used to the behind-the-scenes of warfare.

“General Arknon,” he said, nodding respectfully as they walked. He looked ahead, gesturing to himself. “I’m Ceros Arlingson. Ministry of Science? Apparently a representative of the ministry is also needed for this meeting. Hence, me.”

“Don’t worry, sir. If you saw some of the new ships we’ve been working on, you wouldn’t worry so much for diplomacy. We could crush Alausoo with the new things we’ve been developing.”

Edge watched and listened. 

There was a man. seemed important, probably doing some sort of meeting stuff. Meetings are lame. The guy waved to his soldiers. why be a soldier? It was basically suicide. you 'defend others' and die and no one cares about you. They walked in unison, before the other guy said something about diplomatic stuff. 

Hopefully no one would notice if Edge just peeked at them. She followed them, curious of where they were going.

12 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

"That's what we're hoping for...Professor," he seems uncertain about what to call you. He looks over to the soldier and whispers, "Sweep this floor, too much has been said already." The soldier salutes and runs off.

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

"That's what we're hoping for...Professor," he seems uncertain about what to call you. He looks over to the soldier and whispers, "Sweep this floor, too much has been said already." The soldier salutes and runs off.

The big guy, the general or whatever sends a soldier that decides to check everything. Edge freezes, then realized that the soldier had seen her. not good. Edge tries to run, but her legs don't move. 

she just stands there, shocked. 

3 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

The big guy, the general or whatever sends a soldier that decides to check everything. Edge freezes, then realized that the soldier had seen her. not good. Edge tries to run, but her legs don't move. 

she just stands there, shocked. 

The soldier moves to grab Edge and yells, "I found a spy Captain!" Quieter he says, "Doesn't look like a spy."

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

The soldier moves to grab Edge and yells, "I found a spy Captain!" Quieter he says, "Doesn't look like a spy."

At that moment, Avaraliin enters the room. He pauses, surveying his surroundings before noticing the young girl standing there frozen. He doesn't reconize her but he does know how she must feel. He's been there. 

"What are you doing here?" Avaraliin asks, crossing the room to her. "I thought I ordered you to stay out of the way."

He doesn't know who Edge is. Yes, he has no backstory still. I don't think it's a big problem, but he's Alausoo.

Just now, Not an Ookla said:

At that moment, Avaraliin enters the room. He pauses, surveying his surroundings before noticing the young girl standing there frozen. He doesn't reconize her but he does know how she must feel. He's been there. 

"What are you doing here?" Avaraliin asks, crossing the room to her. "I thought I ordered you to stay out of the way."

Edge was in the moment. A soldier was holding her, and another guy walks in, saying something about order.

"you ordered me what now?" Edge said, "I don't even follow you."

The she feels a Surge of power. that can't be good. The soldier that was touching her dies, and Edge flinches away from the corpse. "That wasn't me."

she used her death absorption by accident, in case that wasn't clear from the post

19 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

Edge was in the moment. A soldier was holding her, and another guy walks in, saying something about order.

"you ordered me what now?" Edge said, "I don't even follow you."

The she feels a Surge of power. that can't be good. The soldier that was touching her dies, and Edge flinches away from the corpse. "That wasn't me."

"Take the girl out...and wear gloves for goodness sake," he yells. "Now, on to business."

1 hour ago, The Unknown Order said:

The general seemed to value secrecy, so Ceros spoke no further about his machinations, watching the soldier the general had sent idly, thinking it some paranoid order — until a spy was actually discovered.

Ceros grit his teeth. They were both fortunate he hadn’t said any more. He watched the young native girl, stifling a look of disgust. So primitive.

“General,” he whispered to Arknon, eyes widening as the soldier dropped dead. “When we capture her, I’d like to oversee interrogation. It’s a... hobby of mine.”

It was always fun stealing the memories of primitives and planting false ones in their place. You could mess up the heads of so many that way.

Suddenly, he noticed the Alausoo man who’d just entered, and was talking to the native girl. Ceros cocked his head to the side.

“You know her?” he asked Avaraliin. Interesting, but not surprising. Rats tended to mingle with their own kind, after all.

@Not an Ookla

"You know her?" The man who is vaguely familiar asks.

Avaraliin nods slowly, trying to recall where exactly he knows this man from. "Yes this is my, ah... accomplice." 

To the girl, he says in a low voice so the others can't hear, "Look, I can get you out of here. All you need to do is follow along."

@Exotwo @I think I am here.

Edited by Not an Ookla
Some reason I didn't see your responses sorry

8 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

"You know her?" The man who is vaguely familiar asks.

Avaraliin nods slowly, trying to recall where exactly he knows this man from. "Yes this is my, ah... accomplice." 

To the girl, he says in a low voice so the others can't hear, "Look, I can get you out of here. All you need to do is follow along."

@Exotwo @I think I am here.

"I will kill you if you try to attack me." Edge said, and in a lower voice, she said "I don't want your help."

Then raising her voice again, she said, "I do not know this idiot guy and why don't you continue discussing your things and pretend I don't exist."

"And why is everyone whispering? Is this like, not a meeting or what?"

3 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

Then raising her voice again, she said, "I do not know this idiot guy and why don't you continue discussing your things and pretend I don't exist."

Ceros tilted his head to the side, glancing up at the Alausoo man.

“You lied? Tried to harbour a spy?” He asked, a grin tugging at his lips. His own spy had ratted him out. He glanced at Arknon. “That isn’t very seemly for a diplomatic meeting, is it, general?”

@Not an Ookla

@The Unknown Order

Edited by I think I am here.