The Unknown Ajah

Just now, Exotwo said:

@The Unknown Order, you might want to keep a list of People in the RP in your first post. I belive current Players are

The Unknown Order
Exotwo
Channelknight Fadran
condensation
omi the Councelor
I Think I am here.

Oh, thanks. I'll put that and the story elements there in a bit.

No, Fadran. No if. The only way you wouldn't get a website is if you wrote something so bad, the readers could no longer tolerate the sound of your writing.

But, to prevent this from overtaking the thread, this discussion is done. (For now...)

First Character! 

Spoiler

Here is Edge;

Name: Edge Windsweeper

Appearance: I’m not good at these, but here it is. Battered clothes, that are grey-brown. They suck. Edge has Darker hair and brown eyes. She also is quite small, looking like she is 12 Years old. she uses a sword in combat.

Magic: Death Absorber. She has to touch the thing first though, and she can do Minor Revitalization, enough to heal minor wounds twice as fast as normal. 

Edge has little to no control over her Magic, and thinks that it is a miracle when it happens. 

Personality: Much like Lift in Edgedancer, but less of the whole 'food' thing.

Backstory: Edge was born from two magic roots: two revitalizers. they didn't really stand out among the natives, although, when they discovered that their daughter didn't have life absorption like the two of them, and therefore assumed that Edge was simply a non-magical. 

when Edge killed someone, accidentally, she was afraid of what might've happened if someone found out, and left. at the age of 12. she then lived alone, and apart, but had a habit of stalking the natives.

Yay! 

I think we need to get the RP started soon though. 

@The Unknown Order

You should wait for people to create their characters and then work on the first post.

Edited by Exotwo

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Not really. Ask of a power exists, and I'll tell you if it does or doesn't. I'll give a rundown real quick. 

Revitalization starts with minor  healing. It then splits into the Talking Dead (partial Necromancy) and major healing. The Talking Dead splits into the Returned Dead and the Controlled Dead. Major Healing Splits into Pain Dulling, Group Minor healing and Perfect Healing. The Controlled Dead leads into Telekinesis and Mind Pockets (splitting your conscious). Group Minor Healing goes on to Group Major Healing. Perfect Healing goes into Emotion Influencing and Injury Sensing. Mind Pockets goes into Multiple Mind Pockets and Thought Casting (making a person hear your thoughts). Group Major Healing goes onto Group Perfect Healing. There are more but I'll leave it at that.

Prolongation goes into Minor Protection and Minor Age Prevention. Minor Protection goes into Major Protection and Minor Suffocation Protection. Minor age Prevention goes into Major Age Prevention and Minor Disease Prevention. Major Protect goes into Perfect Protection (near invincibility) and Millisecond Foresight. Minor Suffocation Protection goes into Major Suffocation Protection, Minor Heat Protection, Minor Cold Protection, and Major Suffocation prevention. Millisecond Foresight goes into Second Foresight (seeing a few seconds into the future) and Minor Memory Recollection. All the Minors become Majors and Perfects but I'm not going to go any further.

Absorption is split into three types of which a person can only use one (Other than the Energus). They are Death Absorption, Life Absorption, and Well Absorption. Death Absorption goes into Knockout Absorption and Minor Memory Stealing. Life Absorption goes into Meditation Absorption  (gaining Energy through meditation), Minor Plant Control, and Minor Growth Enhancement. Well Absorption is essentially unexplored. Minor Memory Stealing goes into Major Memory Stealing and Minor Telepathy. Minor Plant Control goes into Major Plant Control. Minor Growth Enhancement goes into Major Growth Enhancement. Major Memory Stealing goes into Perfect Memory Stealing and Minor Memory Planting. Minor Telepathy goes into Major Telepathy. That's it for that, like the last one they go to Major and Perfect.

And yes, I do like your character @Exotwo.

Edited by The Unknown Order

Yes of course. If you were wondering about the magic, I believe how it works is

A: Magic is genetical, but there is a chance to get it from non-magical roots and a chance to not get it from magical roots. 

B: If you are Magic-born (there isn't really a term for it but I use this one), then you can use ALL the types of magic. 

C: Magic is split into categories; and each one has a 'subclass' that leads into more and more magic, and I believe that The Unknown Order will explain this farther.

D: Magic require Energy, (hence the name of the RP) which acts like stormlight, except you get it from different sources, which is explained in the OP (original post). 

E: I believe everything is in a war currently (not completely sure.) , so you could make a soldier or something.

F: Medieval stuff. yep. similar to the Stormlight Archive, everything is medieval (but no soulcasters, raidiants, Voidbringers, anyotherspeciesexcepthumanreally, shattered plains shard blades and basically everything that is good in Stormlight Archive...)

3 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

oh why can we seriously not Quote quotes.

uh, when are we going to start this RP?

23 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

Yes please, just make a character. 

Oh, and that reminds me, @Channelknight Fadran @I think I am here. @Condensation and @Omi the Counselor, please make a character and we can start.

Ark looked at the diplomatic disaster that was his life, and he couldn't complain. Good fortune had brought him here, so he couldn't complain about his lack of it now. No matter. He had an important meeting that he must be getting too. As he passed he waved at his men, soldiers, if they were going to be risking their lives for him, he thought they were reasonable to expect some goodwill. As he approached the meeting he could feel his anxiousness, this meeting could make or break the war effort, so he had to do everything in his power to make this meeting help the war. If only it were so easy.

Feel free to be the person I'm meeting with if your character is going to be native or Alausooan.

11 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

uh, when are we going to start this RP?

Now, I'm kind of waiting for the others to make characters. On to your list.

You can get it from extremely dormant genes, but not none at all, same goes for not having it.

Yes, although you can only obtain it certain ways, and it requires a decent amount of study.

I did, look at my response to Channelknight Fadran, it's six posts from the top of the second page.

Nothing to really say on this one.

It is in a war, between the old world and the new, similar to what happened in the Americas. There are also serious diplomatic problems with the natives, we will be dealing with that too.

Yes, medieval, however aquatic transport is pretty advanced and horses are used less for travel. I might make a world map at some point. 

Use quotes for out of character talk please, it helps differentiate between the two.

Edited by The Unknown Order

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

At the moment he's going to a meeting, later I think he will. He has gone to war before. He's in the middle of a revolutionary war against Alausoo.

er.. thats alot of quotes. here we go. I'll have edge stalk Ark

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

That should work, could I have some backstory on Edge, I should include that in the things I would like on the character sheet.

It is hard. I do not know what the Native's traditions are. 
My idea is that Edge sorta Murdered someone by accident, using her Death absorption ability, and sorta left. I really don't know what the Natives' punishments for murder is, but I would expect it to be tough.

I think you should list the Magic types (31st post I think) at the OP (original post)

Edited by Exotwo

12 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

Due to the way Death Absorption works, it would likely be softer, as in decade long imprisonment softer, but if it seemed she did with malicious intent, it would likely be execution. I haven't really done much worldbuilding for the natives, so feel free to write whatever. I don't care too much.

I'll put it there, it's just getting long.

There we go. I added more to the original spoiler of Edge, so you can go check that out

6 hours ago, Exotwo said:

First Character! 

Reveal hidden contents

Here is Edge;

Name: Edge Windsweeper

Appearance: I’m not good at these, but here it is. Battered clothes, that are grey-brown. They suck. Edge has Darker hair and brown eyes. She also is quite small, looking like she is 12 Years old. she uses a sword in combat.

Magic: Death Absorber. She has to touch the thing first though, and she can do Minor Revitalization, enough to heal minor wounds twice as fast as normal. 

Edge has little to no control over her Magic, and thinks that it is a miracle when it happens. 

Personality: Much like Lift in Edgedancer, but less of the whole 'food' thing.

Backstory: Edge was born from two magic roots: two revitalizers. they didn't really stand out among the natives, although, when they discovered that their daughter didn't have life absorption like the two of them, and therefore assumed that Edge was simply a non-magical. 

when Edge killed someone, accidentally, she was afraid of what might've happened if someone found out, and left. at the age of 12. she then lived alone, and apart, but had a habit of stalking the natives.

Yay! 

@The Unknown Order

And then I can post!

Name:
Avaraliin

Gender & Pronouns:
Male, he/him

Personality:
Commanding, confident, he seems important. Also can fight 

Appearance: 
Black cloak, intense brown eyes, brown hair, black short-sleeve shirt with a brown strap the goes from his right shoulder to his left hip. 3 daggers sheathed there. Black pants and shiny black military-like boots. Wears black gloves.

Absorption & Other Power Stuff:
Life absorption guy.
Prolongation: Minor Protection > Major Protection > Perfect Protection
Absorption: Minor Plant Control

Edited by Not an Ookla

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

Backstory would be nice, like I said, anyone can be who I am meeting. I need to know however, whether he's representing the natives, or the Alausoo.

Who are the Alausoo and who are the natives? Which would have more advanced stuff?
Yep I'll write the backstory just need to know about the peoples.

Just now, Not an Ookla said:

Who are the Alausoo and who are the natives? Which would have more advanced stuff?
Yep I'll write the backstory just need to know about the peoples.

they originate there, much like the aboriginals in Canada.
the Alausoo I think are the protagonists (I belive)