yea i'm new

Daycrow

I've read almost all cosmere novels, my friend on the swim team introduced me in November 2019. Stormlight is my fav, followed by mistborn era 2. I liked the white sand graphic novels as well (I've heard that's controversial?).

I've stalked the coppermind and read many a WOB on here, but decided to make an account post-Rhythm of War.

Some info on me: I havent been part of an internet community for 5+ years (back when I roleplayed Warrior Cats lol). I play the flute and I swam competitively until recently. I'm also a fan of star wars (go mando!), most books with dragons in them, and star trek (but I'm uncultured there lol). I like to write and rollerblade... IDK what else to say but feel free to ask anything! I just want to engage with other people who like Brandon Sanderson books, because I don't have anyone to talk to it about in person lol.

Also I would appreciate any info you can give me on the practices, procedures, and culture of the site!

Spoiler

I'm testing this because I need to know how it works!! :)

Welcome to the Shard! No worries about liking White Sand, most people don't but you can like anything :D 

Oh gosh what have you done I'm now wondering if anyone else wants to RP Warriors...I wasn't a fandom girl back when I was up on those books, lol. 

Reading our rules and etiquette over in the 17th Shard Discussion forum is a good idea; the culture will be somewhat different depending on if you're engaging in strictly book discussion, particularly the magic and lore, or the general discussions, community forums, games, and RPs. As long as you're keeping it fairly clean and being nice to everyone, you should be fine anywhere. 

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

Welcome to the Shard! No worries about liking White Sand, most people don't but you can like anything :D 

Oh gosh what have you done I'm now wondering if anyone else wants to RP Warriors...I wasn't a fandom girl back when I was up on those books, lol. 

Reading our rules and etiquette over in the 17th Shard Discussion forum is a good idea; the culture will be somewhat different depending on if you're engaging in strictly book discussion, particularly the magic and lore, or the general discussions, community forums, games, and RPs. As long as you're keeping it fairly clean and being nice to everyone, you should be fine anywhere. 

Thanks!! I'll go check out that forum.

I'm so sorry, thinking about it knocked me back a few years too lol.... i might be down :wacko:

5 hours ago, Daycrow said:

I'm also a fan of star wars (go mando!), most books with dragons in them, and star trek (but I'm uncultured there lol).

You sound suspiciously like me...

Welcome to the Shard!

(just watch the double posts, you can quote multiple people and make one BIG post!)

1 hour ago, Daycrow said:

@Bearer of all agonies I'm starting my first full reread, and honestly it might be Way of Kings! (but Oathbringer had some absolutely stellar moments too... it's so hard to choose :( ) Any moment with Kaladin and Dalinar has a special place in my heart. WBU?

The way of kings, though maybe Rhythm of War. What’s your favorite Stormlight book?

14 hours ago, Daycrow said:

@Scarletfox I really liked the original TV series, and I also like the new trilogy :)

I'm pleasantly surprised, those are my favorites! Most star trek fans I meet now-a-days like the 'Next Generation' show, but in my opinion nothing can beat the original.

Welcome @Daycrow.  I also agree with MANY of your prefs: I love and am amazed by the Stormilght Archive, but nothing beats MistbornE2 for the feels.  Star Trek the Original Series will never be equaled, if only because it did SO MANY things that had never been done on TV before.  I thought the first reboot film was fantastic; I was a bit disappointed that the later two devolved into action (only) movies, but still enjoyable.  Star Wars, yes, White Sand, yes.  I'm also a musician.  And you hunger for Sanderson conversation?  You have come to the right place.  Glad you are here!

2 hours ago, Daycrow said:

@AquaRegia Thank you! Who is your favorite character from Mistborn E2?

So hard to say.  Wax, the whole "Gentleman of the Roughs" / "Scoundrel of the City" thing is great.  Wayne, I wish I could be as laid back, personable, and happy as he is (and I'm bad at hats, too).  Steris, her crazy list-making, socially awkward autism-spectrum flight-loving bad self.  Marasi, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and gender-role challenging.  MeLaan, Sazed... sigh, they're all like old friends.  Sorry, can't pick one!