9 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

And if the White Ajah scans the same person more than once, and that person has more than one Warder, are they guaranteed to learn the identity of a Warder they don't know about already, or is it still random?

Also, if someone who was bonded dies does the write-up say who they were bonded to?

Yeah, they learn the identity of the other Warder. 

And no, just the role and alignment. If a Warder dies, they are mentioned as just "Warder", and not "Warder bonded to an Aes Sedai of X order". For example:

"Quinn has died. She was a Warder in the service of Black Ajah" implies Black Ajah is the alignment of Quinn, not the alignment of the Aes Sedai she was bonded to. 

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

You a safari user? :ph34r:

Hah. Actually, no. I opportunistically use all three depending, though my favoured one is Chrome at the moment. So you can't go a day without drowning in exploit and vulnerability news, but one yardstick I tend to use is if the US CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) is actively asking users to patch. So there was a really bad one yesterday (I think - sorry, timezones) so was just popping up to remind all browser fanatics to remember to update their browsers :P 

6 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I have one question: can the Blue Ajah self-target to find who visited them?

On 1/7/2021 at 10:38 PM, TJ Shade said:
  • Blue Ajah cannot target themselves.

Yeah, as Quinn said, already clarified.

Also, announcement:

• Black Ajah members will be able to use the faction kill and their Ajah action in the same cycle.
  • I've been mulling about this for a while, and I've decided to change the Blue Ajah action from "know all the players targeting your target" to "know one random player if multiple players are targeting your target".

21 hours ago, Kasimir said:

just popping up to remind all all browser fanatics

I'm also here to remind all browser fanatics that the annual BrowserCon is unfortunately not going to be in-person this year ;-; in addition, all Internet Explorer based Events have been cancelled and any Internet Explorer based Cosplays will be turned away at the door.

7 hours ago, Ventyl said:

I'm tempted to join this game. But alas, I have school and other commitments that are currently taking up my time. Not sure if I'd be able to put in as much time as this game deserves. Sorry, TJ! 

That's alright, Ventyl. Real life should always take the first precedence.

Okay some more announcements and changes. I'm sorry I keep changing things up but I keep finding flaws with the game and it's better to change things before rather than between games, yeah? Please bear with a first-time GM.

• Right, so my plans did indeed get cancelled. The sign ups will now end on Thursday, January 14th at 23:30 IST [GMT +5:30], little more than 2 days from now. 
  • Red Ajah has been changed from giving the identity of a random Warder to the user to "know if your target is a Warder or not". It changes the role from a random one to a target-based one. 
  • Elimination has been removed from the Order of Actions. It was a bit confusing previously as Elimination was before kills and protects. What this means is that the player about to be eliminated publicly by vote can still protect or kill their targets before they die. 

And, I hope that's it before we start the game. :P 

2 hours ago, TJ Shade said:
  • Elimination has been removed from the Order of Actions. It was a bit confusing previously as Elimination was before kills and protects. What this means is that the player about to be eliminated publicly by vote can still protect or kill their targets before they die. 

Doesn't this just mean that you moved elimination from the middle of the Order of Actions to the end? Or am I missing something about that? I feel like it might be a bit confusing to leave it off entirely...

19 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Doesn't this just mean that you moved elimination from the middle of the Order of Actions to the end? Or am I missing something about that? I feel like it might be a bit confusing to leave it off entirely...

If I moved it below the protects, I felt like it might be misunderstood that protects can save a player from elimination. 

You can give the name after game begins, that's alright. 

Around 4 more hours till the sign-ups end! 

Edit: And time! Give me a few minutes to send PMs and post the first cycle.

Edited by TJ Shade

Cycle One - Murders in the Night

Anaiya ran for her dear life. Something had gone horribly, horribly wrong. She turned, looking at the shadowed figure closing in on her. It didn’t seem to be moving, but it seemed to catch up on her nonetheless.

How had things gone so wrong? I was just… at our usual meeting place. Sure, it seemed like a weird time to meet, but we’d been having meetings for a while now and nothing had happened.

Anaiya risked a glance backwards and immediately regretted it. She couldn’t find her pursuer. She started looking around and-

Pain. Immense unimaginable pain. Not the physical kind, but one of the mind. The pain of loss…

Setagana. No.

She ran. Not away from her pursuer, she didn’t care about that now. She ran towards that familiar tugging sensation that pulled her in his direction. She could sense that feeling diminish with each moment and she ran faster. 

After what seemed like a long time, she stumbled onto Setagana’s body. She could no longer feel their bond now, but she checked for his pulse nonetheless. She stumbled and fell to her knees as she couldn’t find a pulse and let out a heart-wrenching scream. 

They said losing a Warder was extremely tough for an Aes Sedai, but nothing could prepare her for this.

Setagana. Poor Setagana. What did we do to deserve this?

She laid there sobbing for what felt like an eternity till the approach of footsteps indicated the presence of her pursuer.  

Suddenly, she seemed to be aware of her surroundings. She knew this person had come for both of them, and she needed to survive to tell the others. She prepared her Weaves to attack the unknown person. Just as she was about to release them, she felt held back. Like something was restraining and holding her back.

What in the-

Her eyes widened in realization. She could feel her opponent’s Weaves of Air on her arms but she could not feel them. And that meant only one thing. 

Saidin.

She tried to shake it off, but the Weaves gripped her harder until one of the Weaves entered her mouth. As the mysterious person started walking closer, the Weaves grew thicker and increased in number, choking and suffocating her. Tears streamed from her eyes as she struggled to breathe. The last thing she saw before she took her final breath was a familiar face. 

Halima.

As dawn broke, the news of Anaiya and Setagana’s death travelled quickly. Whispers of Black Ajah ran around the camp, and there was a general sense of panic in the air. The Amyrlin Seat had to deal with this, and deal with it quickly. She immediately called a meeting with the Hall of the Tower to inform the Sitters and to get to the bottom of this gruesome event.

Anaiya was killed! She was a Rebel Aes Sedai of the order Blue Ajah.

Setagana was killed! He was a Warder in the service of Rebel Aes Sedai.

QF50 has begun! Cycle 1 will end on January 15, at 23:30 IST [GMT + 05:30]. All the PMs should have been sent. If you have not received yours, let me know. Please try to bold your votes, and give retractions in green. Have fun and don’t forget to put your actions in!

Player List:

Edited by TJ Shade