SPOILER WARNING: Write-up contains spoilers for events till Crossroads of Twilight. 

A little more than a month had passed since Egwene had tricked and manipulated the Aes Sedai into a war against Elaida. They had tried to disagree and interfere of course, but once the war was declared, the Law of War firm stood. Maximum control of the tower resided with the Amyrlin Seat. 

They had opened a portal to Dragonmount, and preparations were being made to launch the siege of the White Tower, in case the emissary sent to negotiate with Elaida failed. 

Egwene had just finished the meeting in which she had suggested an embassy to travel to the Black Tower and bond with Asha’man. Following the events at Shadar Logoth, they could no longer afford inaction. Of course, the suggestion shook the core of the Aes Sedai, but as she had hoped, enough of them were scared by the events- more scared of it than whatever awaited them at Black Tower, to spur them into action. In the end, her gamble paid off, as her call for vote was answered with a greater consensus.

Glad, but tired from the night’s proceedings, she heads to her lodging, without a clue about the horrifying events the night had yet to offer.

Welcome to QF 50: Return to Tar Valon! This game was supposed to be a rerun of QF22, corrected for the problems mentioned by @Wyrmhero in the aftermath. Well, what ended up as the final product does not look like the original game at all. So consider this as a heavily re-modeled, re-flavored version of that game. :P 

This game will be run by me (@TJ Shade if you want anything), and will be moderated impartially by the wonderful Araris (@Araris Valerian). I'll be posting the rules below, but if you're need a doc version, here you go.

Signups will end on Thursday, January 14th at 23:30 IST [GMT +05:30] and the game will begin as soon as I can get the PMs and Cycle 1 posted.

Rules:

Factions:

Spoiler
  • Rebel Aes Sedai: You are the majority village faction possibly bonded to one other player not necessarily from your alignment. Your win condition is to eliminate the Black Ajah within your company.
  • Black Ajah: You are the minority eliminator team possibly bonded to one other player not necessarily from your alignment. Your win condition is to outnumber the Rebel Aes Sedai. You have a doc to conspire in and plan your factional kill with your fellow servants of the Dark One.

Bond Mechanics:

Spoiler
  • An Aes Sedai and her Warder share a PM at all times. 
  • If either the Aes Sedai, or the Warder dies, the other loses their power. This includes the passive immunity of the Warder. 
  • It is possible for an Aes Sedai to have multiple Warders or no Warders. 
  • If one of the pair is killed off due to inactivity filter, the remaining of the pair retain their powers.

Roles:

Spoiler
  • Red Ajah: You loathe men with the ability to channel and dedicate your existence to finding out and dealing with such men. As such, you’ve become so adept in your trade that you can even root out men bonded to channelers. You can use saidar and find if your target is a Warder or not.
  • Green Ajah: Also known as the Battle Ajah, you’re always ready to face your enemies. You are extremely proficient in battle strategies and exceptionally brave at all times. You can use saidar and kill one player per turn. 
  • Grey Ajah: You are a brilliant negotiator, and dedicated to politics and diplomacy. You thrive in conflict resolution, and your diplomatic skills are second to none. You can use your skills and cancel one vote (or change one null vote) per turn.
  • Brown Ajah: Why do you care for the mundane world? The only thing important in your life is the preservation of knowledge and collection of ancient texts. You can use this knowledge to find the role of one player per turn. 
  • Yellow Ajah: You are the Healing Ajah. You’re passionate about finding broken things and fixing them. Once per turn, you can use your weaves to heal a player of your choice. You cannot protect a player from elimination. You cannot target the same player in consecutive cycles.
  • Blue Ajah: You are extremely selfless and devote your life to noble causes. You highly value justice and righteousness. You can follow someone you suspect to be unjust and possibly catch them in the act. Once per turn, you can target a player and watch to find out who targets them. If your target is targeted by more than one player, you learn the identity of one such player at random.
  • White Ajah: You possess astute logical and reasoning ability. With this ability, it’s only obvious that you can figure out the player bonded to your target. This action fails if your target’s partner is dead or if your target is not bonded. 
  • Warder: You are loyal to a fault and extremely protective of your Aes Sedai. You can block attacks on your Aes Sedai once every two turns. You also possess a passive immunity against the first attack on you. After the first successful block, you’re unable to protect your Aes Sedai without taking a hit. You lose a life (or die, if you’ve already lost one) if you protect your Aes Sedai successfully for more than once. Your passive immunity protects you from eliminations as well.

Basics:

Spoiler
  • Cycles are 24 hours long.
  • PMs are only present between an Aes Sedai and her Warder.
  • Tied vote results in the elimination of all players involved in the tie.
  • Inactivity filter exists. If a player does not post in-thread (PMs and actions do not count) for two cycles, they are replaced or eliminated if no replacement can be found.
  • A minimum of 2 votes is required for successful elimination in the first cycle.

Order of Actions:

Spoiler
  • Grey Ajah
  • Warder Protection, Yellow Ajah
  • Black Ajah Kill, Green Ajah, Eliminations (bypasses protects)
  • Red Ajah, Brown Ajah, White Ajah, Blue Ajah

Player List:

Spectators:

Pinch-hitters:

Spoiler

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  1. Yes, Black Ajah do have one kill per cycle. 
  2. Aes Sedai with two Warders are kill immune if Warders co-ordinate protects, except if they are double tapped and until the Warders' lose their protects. However, they are not immune to elimination by vote.
  3. Warders bonded to same Aes Sedai know each others' identities. They'll be in a Group PM with their Aes Sedai.
  4. Aes Sedai with more than one Warder do not lose their power is one of their Warders die, but the all the Warders bonded to an Aes Sedai lose their double life if their Aes Sedai dies.
  5. Warders know the roles of their Aes Sedai. They know this information by default, it is not up to the discretion of the Aes Sedai to reveal or hide their role. Their alignment, however, is not revealed.
  6. "Change a null vote" means you can add a vote as long as there is a player who hasn't voted in the same turn.
  7. Yellow Ajah Aes Sedai cannot protect themself.
  8. Inverse target scan of Blue Ajah registers Warder protect as an action as well.
  9. Warders cannot protect their Aes Sedai from eliminations.
  10. Blue Ajah cannot target themselves.
  11. Brown Ajah scan whatever their target is.
  12. White Ajah learn the identity of one random Warder if their target is bonded to more than one Warder. If they scan the same player again, they are guaranteed to learn the identity of the other Warder.
  13. Write-ups indicate just the role and the alignment of the dead player. It will not provide any bond information. In case of Warders, the role that will be mentioned is just "Warder".
  14. Black Ajah can use both the faction kill and their Ajah action in the same cycle.

Quicklinks:

Edited by Elandera

Guest Breaker

I’ll join, because Gears sent me this link. I’ll force him into a call and explain wheel of time to him. I feel like I should make a character, but it’s kinda iffy, since canon Aes Sedai are female and Warders are male. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

In. Character TBD.

Good luck GMing! 

Thanks Mat! :)

27 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

@TJ Shade... do the Black Ajah have a faction kill? It’s in the OoA but not the Rules.

Yeah they do. :P

I should be surprised by the amount of people who have not read WoT, but somehow, it doesn't feel surprising. :P

Edited by TJ Shade

I'm definitely signing up. I'll be known as Star, a strange figure that you can't quite tell if they're a man or woman or something else. 

So, it's definitely been a long time since I read WoT, but that's fine. :P

Hmmmmmmmmmm I'll be Philico. Why not? :P 

I also might have broken the game. If an Aes Sedai has two Warders, they can alternate protecting her and she is kill-immune, correct? 

A sort of related question... if an Aes Sedai has two Warders, do the Warders know the others' identity? Do they have a group PM or individual ones with the Aes Sedai?

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I also might have broken the game. If an Aes Sedai has two Warders, they can alternate protecting her and she is kill-immune, correct? 

Also, if an Aes Sedai has two Warders and one dies, the Aes Sedai doesn't lose her powers unless the other dies too, right?

And how much information do Warders start with about their Aes Sedai? I assume Aes Sedai and their bonded Warder(s) don't know each other's alignments, but do the Warders automatically know which role their Aes Sedai have, or is it up to the Aes Sedai's discretion to tell them?

Since the Red Ajah's power finds the identity of a random Warder, could it theoretically tell a bonded Red Ajah that their Warder is a Warder? Does it have a chance of returning the same result more than once? (do Red Ajahs even bond? seems like that would be... odd flavor-wise). 

What does "change one null vote" mean?

Can Yellow Ajahs protect themselves?

If a Blue Ajah scans a bonded Aes Sedai and that Aes Sedai was protected by her Warder, does the scan register that action? Or does it only catch actions taken by other Aes Sedai?

Do people without roles exist in this game, or is everyone either a Warder or an Ajah? 

Can Warders protect their Aes Sedai from the elimination?

(Am I using the word "Ajah" right? I haven't read WoT, so... XD) 

Edit: @TJ Shade

Edited by Quinn0928