PreciousNoodle

I think Hummingbirds are actually Windrunners

10 posts in this topic

I watched a show last night about hummingbirds, and the thought came to me--that is very Windrunner-y. I mean flying upside-down and backwards, and they can survive around 40,000 feet above sea-level and still get enough oxygen to survive. And they need to refuel all the time! Tell me that doesn't sound like a Windrunner! :)

Seems legit to me.

I mean look at Kaladin:

Spoiler

Kaladin & Syl : Stormlight_Archive

Spoiler

Kaladin Stormblessed - Stormlight Archive Art - 17th Shard, the Official  Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Spoiler

Kaladin Stormblessed Vs. Percy Jackson - Battles - Comic Vine

Everything about him just screams "HUMMINGBIRD!" 

33 minutes ago, PreciousNoodle said:

I watched a show last night about hummingbirds, and the thought came to me--that is very Windrunner-y. I mean flying upside-down and backwards, and they can survive around 40,000 feet above sea-level and still get enough oxygen to survive. And they need to refuel all the time! Tell me that doesn't sound like a Windrunner! :)

Honestly, my first thoughts were more on the lines of Lopen specifically, because I have a hard time imagining Teft flying upside-down, backwards, or being a bird in general. :P 

Cool idea though.

Yes... I see a connection.

Definitely Windrunners. The question is: What form of investiture do they use?

Light, not detailed, OB Spoilers (really not much of a spoiler at all, and nothing to do with overall plot, but I am putting it in a spoiler tag anyway)

Spoiler

Alternatively, they could be shanay-im (for anybody who, like me, would have to look up what those are, they are the Fused who have the surge of Gravitation). The fused are supposed to be much more elegant/in control of their surges than the Radiants, which seems to be much closer to what we see in Hummingbirds. Clearly hummingbirds are voidbringer fused.

On 2/25/2021 at 7:54 AM, Willshaper-Kalak said:

Yes... I see a connection.

I see a... Connection.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:54 AM, Ishar said:

Light, not detailed, OB Spoilers (really not much of a spoiler at all, and nothing to do with overall plot, but I am putting it in a spoiler tag anyway)

Hide contents

Alternatively, they could be shanay-im (for anybody who, like me, would have to look up what those are, they are the Fused who have the surge of Gravitation). The fused are supposed to be much more elegant/in control of their surges than the Radiants, which seems to be much closer to what we see in Hummingbirds. Clearly hummingbirds are voidbringer fused.

Be wary of hummingbirds.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:33 AM, Johnny Boy said:

Definitely Windrunners. The question is: What form of investiture do they use?

Crackpot theory incoming: Nectar is actually a form of Investiture, containing the raw power of Earth’s Shard. (WoB canon is secondary!) Birds and bees use it to fly around! IT ALL FITS!

On 5/8/2021 at 9:26 AM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Crackpot theory incoming: Nectar is actually a form of Investiture, containing the raw power of Earth’s Shard. (WoB canon is secondary!) Birds and bees use it to fly around! IT ALL FITS!

This is why bees can violate all known laws of aerodynamics to still fly!