theory on the 17th shard

so, when shards are shattered, they leave behind a cognitive shadow, and we don't know what happened to Adonalsium's, and finally, i remember a WoB saying that there was a reason for the 17th shard organization being called that, so my theory is that Adonalsium's cognitive shadow merged with frost, the leader of the 17th shard. alternatively, Adonalsium's cognitive shadow is secretly leading the 17th shard

Thoughts?

It makes sense, but from what we've seen, Frost would have had to be at the Shattering (or very close) to be able to bond to the CS. However, if the Shattering also released a burst of Investiture, it's possible the CS could have used this to survive longer. However, I don't know that a CS can bond with a human (or dragon) without killing the host like the Fused do. It could be different with dragons, or it could be possible that the Fused are trying to kill them.

16 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Also, when I first saw this I thought it was a theory about this forum.

Actually, a while ago, I remember someone had a theory that WE are the 17th Shard because

-We want to know more about the Cosmere

-We are actively searching for Hoid and want to know what he is up to

-We are Cosmerically aware

-We aren't allowed to interfere with the Cosmere

-I'm pretty sure Brando named this general site, or at least approved of its name

I think they had more points of evidence, but that's all I can remember

12 hours ago, Shob the Voidbringer said:

so, when shards are shattered, they leave behind a cognitive shadow, and we don't know what happened to Adonalsium's, and finally, i remember a WoB saying that there was a reason for the 17th shard organization being called that, so my theory is that Adonalsium's cognitive shadow merged with frost, the leader of the 17th shard. alternatively, Adonalsium's cognitive shadow is secretly leading the 17th shard

Thoughts?

I think you’re jumping to quite a few conclusions here. 
1. We don’t know that shattered shards always leave a cognitive shadow, it happened with Leras because he had a very slow and protracted death. It kinda happened with Honor and the Stormfather, but not really.

2. From the information I found, Frost isn’t the leader of the 17th shard. The most info I could find was that he was ‘associated’ with them. That makes it sound like he isn’t even a member at all.

3. Leading the Seventeenth Shard (I think most people use ‘17th’ to refer to the website and ‘Seventeenth’ to refer to the workshopping group btw) to do what? They mainly have a policy of non-intervention, basically just scholars. What would the most powerful being in the Cosmere want with a group of scholars that don’t do anything? 

10 hours ago, stonewalker16 said:

I'm pretty sure Brando named this general site, or at least approved of its name

Afaik he directly named it. The admins were thinking of naming it something completely different, and they asked Brandon and he said ‘The Seventeenth Shard’. 

10 hours ago, stonewalker16 said:

Actually, a while ago, I remember someone had a theory that WE are the 17th Shard because

-We want to know more about the Cosmere

-We are actively searching for Hoid and want to know what he is up to

-We are Cosmerically aware

-We aren't allowed to interfere with the Cosmere

I think that’s just why Brandon chose the name for us. =P

4 hours ago, Dannex said:

1. We don’t know that shattered shards always leave a cognitive shadow, it happened with Leras because he had a very slow and protracted death. It kinda happened with Honor and the Stormfather, but not really.

Have you read Secret History? 

Spoiler

Vin and Ati both entered the Coginitive Realm when they died, and Kelsier said that Vin could have stayed if she wanted. However, they both chose to go to the Beyond

2 hours ago, stonewalker16 said:

Have you read Secret History? 

Hide contents

Vin and Ati both entered the Coginitive Realm when they died, and Kelsier said that Vin could have stayed if she wanted. However, they both chose to go to the Beyond

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The Vessels leave a Shadow. Questionable if the Shard does.

Yeah, and we don’t even know if Adonalsium had a Shard and a Vessel. He might’ve just been a naturally invested being. 

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

If Uncle Andy created and is everything... then who created the vessel?

Investiture, if left alone long enough, will gain sentience on its own; similar to if matter is left alone long enough under the right conditions, it will form a black hole. Adonalsium could have been the natural accumulation of investiture after the big bang analogous to the black hole at the center of the galaxy.