• 2 weeks later...

Doctor Mayfield was led roughly down several corridors, with Agent Lyllac taking the led. He quickly glanced at the figures printed with precision on the wall, which read only as 03. He turned his eyes back towards the ground, trying his best not to make eye contact with the few personal they encountered on their way to where ever they were headed. He wasn't cleared for this level, and yet Agent Lyllac pulled him along determinedly. Mayfield had asked her twice now about where they were headed, and he barely got anything out of her. Why the secrecy? Why did she even need to bring him along in the first place? She had always done these excursions without him, so why did she need him now? He had a sinking feeling in his stomach as they stopped before a door that was clearly marked as a level of 04 clearance, and even though he checked his badge again, it still only said 02. Mayfield took a deep breath to settle his stomach as agent Lyllac quickly got both of them cleared for the door. The breath helped, but only marginally as Mayfield entered the room that appeared at first to go along with the concrete militaristic build of the rest of the facility, but then there seemed to be a shift in decor, as it looked to be more of a small and sparsely furnished study. There were two bookshelves on the walls to Mayfield's left and right directly across from each other with an armchair next to each of them. On the wall across from Mayfield were a set of twenty small screens arranged in a grid pattern while being mounted on the wall. Out of all twenty of them, only two were active. Displayed on one screen was an older military woman with quite a number of medals on her uniform, although Mayfield wasn't familiar enough with the ranking system of the military to identify where she was on the hierarchy, he could only guess that she was influential. On the other screen, there was only a vague silhouette with a large and bold letter "K" right on the individual's chest. Agent Lyllac saluted as she entered the room and it was the military woman who spoke first. "This had better be good agent."

Lyllac nodded, "it's crucial to the current situation General."

The General sneered, "then speak agent, I have little time for screwing around."

Lyllac glanced at Mayfield, "tell them what you told me."

Mayfield swallowed nervously, "I uh, well you see . . ."

The General rolled her eyes, but audio came from the "K" monitor. The voice was distorted, but it was distinguishable as masculine. "Go on, researcher."

Mayfield cleared his throat, "my instruments have picked up many anomalies, an-"

The General scoffed, "how is that news? Literally everything is picking up anomalies right now!"

K cut her off, "General, silence!"

The General closed her mouth, but she glared at the screen. Mayfield cleared his throat once again, "I'm picking up anomalies similar to the Tempus Incident a few years ago, the only issue is that it's far more intense and concentrated, not to mention far more numerous, uh, sir."

K sounded thoughtful, "when did this first begin?"

"Earlier today sir, I can pull up the report if needed."

"No need, researcher. Just tell me if it happened simultaneously with the current crisis."

Mayfield hesitated before shaking his head slightly, "no sir, I picked up the anomalies before the crisis began. Although they were fairly close together in terms of timing."

The General scoffed again, "you don't actually believe that there's a connection, do you Director?"

Director K seemed to ponder this for a moment, "General, I didn't ask you to come in order for you to play Devil's Advocate."

"Then could you kindly explain to me why you have me here."

Director K's attention seemed to turn back to Mayfield, "are you able to locate where these anomalies are currently, researcher?"

Mayfield nodded, "yes sir."

Director K sounded satisfied, "well then General, move local units to create a perimeter around the anomalies' location while our ATG forces try to subdue them. Capture if possible General, but kill if necessary. They could very well be the anomalies that task group Kappa was wiped out by, so the Foundation will not be taking any more chances."

The General nodded, "of course, Director K."

Director K spoke just after the General's screen blinked off. "Researcher, this is now going to be your top priority. I'll have a team assembled to help you in this specific field, bring up anyone you might believe to be valuable to this project to your Agent."

Mayfield nodded, "yes Director."

Director K sounded thoughtful for a moment, "perhaps these can explain what the other could not. Keep up the good work my friend, for we have a long night ahead."

The Director's screen blinked off and all Mayfield could see was his own reflection next to Agent Lyllac's, who promptly released a breath as if she were holding it in. "Well, that went well. C'mon Field-Boy, let's get your team together."

Edited by The Ward's Guard

21 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Jaxothe walks back into the conversation, looking considerably more weary than he was before. "Has anything interested happened in the conversation, my friends?"

"Not really." Concerto walked back into the room, carrying a large cork board. 

41 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"And now we need the troops."

@AmazingGoob

"They're in the other room. KEITH!"

A rotting skeleton with glowing green eyes stumbles into the room, along with a small group of shambling corpses similarly rotting, but without the eyesm "Yes, master?"

"Take these grunts and go wherever these two people want you to. We're looking for a control panel for the dimension." He yawns.

Xino, are these control panels for the planet or the universe? Or is the planet the whole universe?

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"They're in the other room. KEITH!"

A rotting skeleton with glowing green eyes stumbles into the room, along with a small group of shambling corpses similarly rotting, but without the eyesm "Yes, master?"

"Take these grunts and go wherever these two people want you to. We're looking for a control panel for the dimension." He yawns.

"Where she says, not me. I know nothing about this."