Another Scadrian Worldhopper

Bzhydack

He apears just two times on the pages of RoW, but I still find him very interesting.

First, we see him as steward during Gavilars feast, he speaks with Navani. Is mentioned he has many rings on his fingers.

Second, we see him as corpse, as he is murdered by Mraize. We can assume its the same person. His eyes changed and his rings are gone. Also, we learn he had Aviar of some sort.

So what he is doing here? And witch organization he served? Scadrian worldhoppers are associated with few organizations, each with other one.

Demoux is from 17th Shard.

Felt is independent.

Axindweth is associated with Gavilar and Sons of Honor (probably) but is also linked to some other organisation (Set maybe? Dont think she is Ghostblood).

Yiatil is Ghostblood.

So who he is? Is he one of Harmonys agents? Is he 17th Shard? Why Mraize killed him? Is he rival Ghostblood?

47 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

He apears just two times on the pages of RoW, but I still find him very interesting.

First, we see him as steward during Gavilars feast, he speaks with Navani. Is mentioned he has many rings on his fingers.

Second, we see him as corpse, as he is murdered by Mraize. We can assume its the same person. His eyes changed and his rings are gone. Also, we learn he had Aviar of some sort.

So what he is doing here? And witch organization he served? Scadrian worldhoppers are associated with few organizations, each with other one.

Demoux is from 17th Shard.

Felt is independent.

Axindweth is associated with Gavilar and Sons of Honor (probably) but is also linked to some other organisation (Set maybe? Dont think she is Ghostblood).

Yiatil is Ghostblood.

So who he is? Is he one of Harmonys agents? Is he 17th Shard? Why Mraize killed him? Is he rival Ghostblood?

He’s not a Ghostblood; they don’t kill their own. He’s not 17th Shard; they don’t directly intervene.

Unless Mraize didn’t kill him, which I wouldn’t seriously consider except that this is the THIRD time the GBs have been implicated in a murder we haven’t seen, and Thaidakar has been accused three times of having arranged an assassination he wasn’t involved in. Which I find suspicious. And we know they didn’t commit at least one murder (as Shallan did it.) Once is incidence, twice is coincidence, and there’s no such thing as coincidence. But three times is definitely a pattern, and there is a pattern here.

The most interesting possibility is that Gerrah is one of Harmony’s agents, and Kelsier is eliminating Sazed’s informants for unknown reasons. Which is a possibility.

Honestly, assuming the GBs killed him (as the text implies), the biggest question I have is why now? Mraize and Gerrah have been wandering the same circles for awhile. What changed? Why kill him now?

And is that bird an Aviar or a Kandra? I can’t be the only one who found it very suspicious that the text specifically pointed out that Lift couldn’t heal the feathers, when we know she’s been able to heal hair and nails.

19 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

And is that bird an Aviar or a Kandra? I can’t be the only one who found it very suspicious that the text specifically pointed out that Lift couldn’t heal the feathers, when we know she’s been able to heal hair and nails.

Huh... interesting. Maybe this is the worldhopping Kandra

My guess is that the steward is an independent worldhopper who just wanted to live on Roshar. My evidence for this is that he seems genuinely sad when he hears that Gavilar was killed. I think that would only happen if he was genuinely patriotic, and that would only happen if he had lived on Roshar for a long time.

I don’t know why Mraize would kill him though, that’s a bit weird. If he actually was independent why would the GBs be interested?

30 minutes ago, Dannex said:

My guess is that the steward is an independent worldhopper who just wanted to live on Roshar. My evidence for this is that he seems genuinely sad when he hears that Gavilar was killed. I think that would only happen if he was genuinely patriotic, and that would only happen if he had lived on Roshar for a long time.

I don’t know why Mraize would kill him though, that’s a bit weird. If he actually was independent why would the GBs be interested?

He could have simply liked Gavilar  as a person. He doesn't have to be honestly patriotic actually the only people patriotic about alithcar at that time was the Kolin and Sadies  Everyone else was forced into it  And had mixed feelings at best.  There would be no reason to kill him Or even introduce him into the story if he was just a random world hopper 

Edited by bmcclure7
Incomplete

12 minutes ago, bmcclure7 said:

He could have simply liked Gavilar as a person. He doesn't have to be honestly patriotic. Actually, the only people patriotic to Alethkar at that point were the Kholin and Sadeas princedoms. Everyone else was forced into it and had mixed feelings at best. There would be no reason to kill him or even introduce him into the story if he was just a random worldhopper.

(Did my best to fix your spelling.)

1. He was only a steward, I don’t think he would’ve been friends with the King, so outside of patriotism I don’t really see a reason for why he would’ve been sad. 
2. So he was from the Kholin princedom then. Easy enough explanation. 
3. I didn’t say random, I said independent. He can still be important while not being affiliated with one of the worldhopping groups. 

Edited by Dannex

13 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

He’s not a Ghostblood; they don’t kill their own. He’s not 17th Shard; they don’t directly intervene.

Unless Mraize didn’t kill him, which I wouldn’t seriously consider except that this is the THIRD time the GBs have been implicated in a murder we haven’t seen, and Thaidakar has been accused three times of having arranged an assassination he wasn’t involved in. Which I find suspicious. And we know they didn’t commit at least one murder (as Shallan did it.) Once is incidence, twice is coincidence, and there’s no such thing as coincidence. But three times is definitely a pattern, and there is a pattern here.

The most interesting possibility is that Gerrah is one of Harmony’s agents, and Kelsier is eliminating Sazed’s informants for unknown reasons. Which is a possibility.

Honestly, assuming the GBs killed him (as the text implies), the biggest question I have is why now? Mraize and Gerrah have been wandering the same circles for awhile. What changed? Why kill him now?

Could've been a Ghostblood infiltrator or defector who was found out by Mraize.

I think that was a genuine Aviar, seemed to have a Connection with the Feruchemist. The bird felt like an Aviar in personality too, if that makes sense.

15 hours ago, Bzhydack said:

Her base is off world. And would Kalak really transfer a Voidspren? Him being Restares seems to show that hthe Sons of Honor were a front.
It really looks like there is a group of Terrispeople in a colony somewhere that is not Scadrial to me.

Why did he have multiple rings? Are we looking at a full Feruchemist?

15 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Her base is off world. And would Kalak really transfer a Voidspren? Him being Restares seems to show that hthe Sons of Honor were a front.
It really looks like there is a group of Terrispeople in a colony somewhere that is not Scadrial to me.

Why did he have multiple rings? Are we looking at a full Feruchemist?

Could be, I was thinking they might've left the planet during the classical or Final Empire era of Scadrial.

2 hours ago, Honorless said:

Could've been a Ghostblood infiltrator or defector who was found out by Mraize.

I think that was a genuine Aviar, seemed to have a Connection with the Feruchemist. The bird felt like an Aviar in personality too, if that makes sense.

The theory that it’s now a Kandra does not preclude the possibility that it was an Aviar prior, which I think likely.

16 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The theory that it’s now a Kandra does not preclude the possibility that it was an Aviar prior, which I think likely.

Could a Kandra gain the abilities of an Aviar, eh? Interesting question, Sixth of the Dusk sequel suggests

Spoiler

the answer might be no, otherwise the "Ones Above" wouldn't prioritize them that much but we don't know much about era 4 and whether or not the space age Scadrians might have access to/allied with the Kandra, they might still be Harmony's agents or something.

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Could a Kandra gain the abilities of an Aviar, eh? Interesting question, Sixth of the Dusk sequel suggests

Hide contents

the answer might be no, otherwise the "Ones Above" wouldn't prioritize them that much but we don't know much about era 4 and whether or not the space age Scadrians might have access to/allied with the Kandra, they might still be Harmony's agents or something.

I think it is possible that it was an aviar, who was eaten and impersonated by a Kandra.

I just find it odd that Lift can heal hair but not the ‘chicken’s’ feathers. Which is rather odd and was specifically pointed out.

We’ve also never seen an aviar talk, but this one did.

1 hour ago, i’m in the details said:

My question is what aspect or feruchemy allows axinweth and this dead fellow to change their eyes to match rosharans? Identity? Connection? And why are they full feruchemists and not ferrings? 

I think it was just something they put in their eyes to make their eyes lighter, like Tyn suggested Shallan use to make her eyes darker. Shallan wondered if there was something that did the reverse, there likely is. 

3 hours ago, Harrycrapper said:

I think it was just something they put in their eyes to make their eyes lighter, like Tyn suggested Shallan use to make her eyes darker. Shallan wondered if there was something that did the reverse, there likely is. 

I don’t mean the light eyes I mean the folds that they presumably have when alive, or else someone would mention it. The male feruchemists has then in the prologue but has shin eyes in the interlude. 

6 minutes ago, i’m in the details said:

I don’t mean the light eyes I mean the folds that they presumably have when alive, or else someone would mention it. The male feruchemists has then in the prologue but has shin eyes in the interlude. 

Ah forgot about that. I wonder if they could Hemalurgically spike the trait out of a Rosharan to give it to the terrispeople. Though Harmony doesn't seem to like using Hemalurgy, so if that was one of his people it's unlikely that they would use that. 

15 hours ago, bmcclure7 said:

He could have simply liked Gavilar  as a person. He doesn't have to be honestly patriotic actually the only people patriotic about alithcar at that time was the Kolin and Sadies  Everyone else was forced into it  And had mixed feelings at best.  There would be no reason to kill him Or even introduce him into the story if he was just a random world hopper 

*Cough* Lemux's nurse *cough*

11 hours ago, Honorless said:

Reveal hidden contents

No, they couldn't

WoB

Spoiler

Questioner

If a kandra imitated an Aviar and went and got the parasite, would it be able to mimic the powers?

Brandon Sanderson

No.

Orem Signing (March 16, 2019)