6 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Ayy, now that was unnecessary" Silk said as he righted himself and dusted of his jacket. "And put that glove back on, or you'll give these kids nightmares." He turned to Fred and whispered "It's okay, his pits are a lot prettier than his hands." 

“Keep it up and I’ll knock you out of the cart,” he warned, sliding the glove back on to his hand. It shouldn’t cause Silk too much trouble - the cart was already slowing as they neared their destination.

As an aside: Silk is going to need a surname for the Sorting.

10 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Exactly"

"Actually this place is very similar to Kelsier's armpits. I saw them once....and smelt them." Silk wrinkled his nose at the thought. 

Fred and George grinned.

10 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier shot the shorter man a glare, knocking him off balance with a light steelpush, before turning to the twins.

“My family was attacked by dark wizards years ago. They trapped me in a cavern in the ground and forced me to work for a year before they were caught. It’s ‘ow I got these.” He tugged off his left glove, showing the twins his scarred hand.

10 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Ayy, now that was unnecessary" Silk said as he righted himself and dusted of his jacket. "And put that glove back on, or you'll give these kids nightmares." He turned to Fred and whispered "It's okay, his pits are a lot prettier than his hands." 

Fred frowned. "Why are you calling us 'kids'? You are the ones who are 11, not us." Fred grinned again. "Or are you?"

Fred and George's grins grew wider.

Fred and George are very perceptive in the books.

32 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George grinned.

Fred frowned. "Why are you calling us 'kids'? You are the ones who are 11, not us." Fred grinned again. "Or are you?"

Fred and George's grins grew wider.

Kelsier’s smile faded, and he fixed the twins with a sharp glare. Slowly he raised his hand, lifting the patch over his spike.

“Do you really think,” he said lowly, “that we are children? Children are innocent - like you. We aren’t. Not anymore.” He allowed his grief, the grief of centuries, the grief of a man who had watched friends and loved ones die to gleam in his hazel eye. 

“Do you really think,” he said, his voice rough with loss, “anyone could be?”

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier’s smile faded, and he fixed the twins with a sharp glare. Slowly he raised his hand, lifting the patch over his spike.

“Do you really think,” he said lowly, “that we are children? Children are innocent - like you. We aren’t. Not anymore.” He allowed his grief, the grief of centuries, the grief of a man who had watched friends and loved ones die to gleam in his hazel eye. 

“Do you really think,” he said, his voice rough with loss, “anyone could be?”

What!? How am I supposed to respond to this? *Sighs* 

Fred and George were once again speechless. George recovered first. There was no hint of sarcasm or humor in his voice, which was rare for the twins. "Who, exactly, are you?" He seemed curious.

This is going to be an... interesting conversation.

10 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George were once again speechless. George recovered first. There was no hint of sarcasm or humor in his voice, which was rare for the twins. "Who, exactly, are you?" He seemed curious.

Kelsier turned away, hiding his eye again. “I told you,” he said harshly. “My family was attacked by dark wizards. They did this to me.”

He told you this before remember?

4 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier turned away, hiding his eye again. “I told you,” he said harshly. “My family was attacked by dark wizards. They did this to me.”

Yeah, I phrased that wrong.

George shook his head. "That isn't quite what I meant." He said. "There has to be more to your story than that. For example, it is obvious at this point that you aren't 11." He said flatly. "I doubt either of them are, either."

Fred nodded. "There's something about you all I can't place." Said Fred. "So, what is it? Why do you all stand out so much." 

21 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

George shook his head. "That isn't quite what I meant." He said. "There has to be more to your story than that. For example, it is obvious at this point that you aren't 11." He said flatly. "I doubt either of them are, either."

Fred nodded. "There's something about you all I can't place." Said Fred. "So, what is it? Why do you all stand out so much." 

Kelsier scoffed. “You try enduring torture and forced labor for a year after seeing your family murdered and behaving like an ordinary child. We’ve seen things no one should; that changes people. It made us grow up. We may be eleven, but you’re right - we aren’t children. Not anymore.”

He swung himself over the lip of the minecart as it stopped, landing lightly on the rocky ground. “I don’t want to talk about it anymore, okay?” 

I think they’re jumping to a conclusion here. It’s very normal for kids who have gone through trauma to act oddly. And up until just now Kelsier was acting a lot like a child.

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier scoffed. “You try enduring torture and forced labor for a year after seeing your family murdered and behaving like an ordinary child. We’ve seen things no one should; that changes people. It made us grow up. We may be eleven, but you’re right - we aren’t children. Not anymore.”

He swung himself over the lip of the minecart as it stopped, landing lightly on the rocky ground. “I don’t want to talk about it anymore, okay?” 

They are jumping to conclusions, because if I was put into that situation I would jump to conclusions. Although, I probably wouldn't have said anything (I'm not good with confrontation.)

"Okay..." Fred said

The twins got out of the minecart. 

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Okay..." Fred said

The twins got out of the minecart. 

He shot them a quick grin as he headed toward the vault. 1616, of course. “No hard feelings. It’s just not something I like to dwell on. 

”C’mon,” he added, as he stepped up to the doors. “Let’s see what’s inside.”

37 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

He shot them a quick grin as he headed toward the vault. 1616, of course. “No hard feelings. It’s just not something I like to dwell on. 

”C’mon,” he added, as he stepped up to the doors. “Let’s see what’s inside.”

What IS inside it.

The twins followed Kelsier to the vault. "That's understandable. It's like how no one says you-know-who's name."

Would they be fine saying Voldemort?

56 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

The twins followed Kelsier to the vault. "That's understandable. It's like how no one says you-know-who's name."

The trio? Yes, but they’re conmen. They’ll play along until it stops suiting them to do so.

Kelsier shrugged, then removed his glove and placed the tip of his finger on the door. There was a quick prick to the tip as the door tasted his blood, and then the great metal doors pulled aside revealing the array of objects within.

There were gems, most dull but some glowing with a inner light. Metals ranging from previous gold to cheap aluminum lay scattered about. Some of those metals were shaped into pointed spikes of varying sizes. Others lay in thin sheets or mounds of small beads.

There were monies too, of varying currencies. Including the strangely shaped coins of this realm.

Kelsier pushed aside an elegant dagger, the blade glowing a faint blue. The presence of the goblin, he supposed. There wouldn’t be any Yrch here; wrong universe - probably. It got confusing, what with the Legendarium being a pseudohistory. 

He gave Adara’s Rose a quick once over, checking to see if the delicate flower needed care. It seemed well enough, preserved in its Cadmium bubble. A useful thing, that flower.

The technology would be largely useless, unfortunately. Investiture interfered with it in this world. Except when it didn’t, of course.

Kelsier sighed, then knelt down to collect a good amount of this world’s coinage. He took the opportunity to pocket beads of the various metals; who knew when he’d have another opportunity to restock? After a moment’s thought he took the dagger as well. Curufinwe’s work; it was as deadly as it was beautiful and to heavily Invested for anyone but Kelsier himself to push on.

On a sudden whim he snatched up a delicate flute, long ago stolen from Photon. It wasn’t like they needed it anymore there and it’s pure tones were perfect for the Rhythms...

Satisfied, he turned to smile at his friends. “Who’s next?”

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Would they be fine saying Voldemort?

If you mean the twins, then no, they would not be saying Voldemort at this point. Harry says it from book one, but that's mostly because Dumbledore teaches him not to be afraid of it. It's also partially because he was brought up by muggles, who have never heard the name. Although, even Hermione doesn't start saying it until book 5, after she's been hearing it from Harry and Dumbledore for years. Fred and George, despite their disregard for most rules, should be uncomfortable just hearing the name, and even more afraid to say it.

"My vault should be near here." Xanatos responded. Seeing Kelsier's collection of items reminded him of some artifacts from his own world that he would want to use while infiltrating this one.

After offering up his second drop of blood for the day, Xanatos watched the immense doors glide open, revealing two large mech suits and an assortment of beautiful jewelry, before a massive mountain of gold and silver coins.

I'm expecting the twins to gasp at this.

Strolling past his coyote and gargoyle suits, Xanatos, picked up a couple of trinkets and scooped several handfuls of coins into a money bag.

"That should do it for me."

Silk strode into his vault which contained a chaotic mess of clothing items and trinkets. "Don't mind the mess, no one's been around to clean it up." He picked up a pocket sized coin bag, a good knife and a box containing a rigged set of dice. Then he swapped his jacket out for one with more pockets, carefully transfering the wand he stole earlier so the twins wouldn't notice. He rubbed his nose in thought, looking around at the junk I think that's everything. He walked back out of his vault, pausing at the doorway to pick up a floppy black hat. He smiled as he spun it dramatically around his finger and onto his head then hopped back into the minecart. 

16 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Silk strode into his vault which contained a chaotic mess of clothing items and trinkets. "Don't mind the mess, no one's been around to clean it up." He picked up a pocket sized coin bag, a good knife and a box containing a rigged set of dice. Then he swapped his jacket out for one with more pockets, carefully transfering the wand he stole earlier so the twins wouldn't notice. He rubbed his nose in thought, looking around at the junk I think that's everything. He walked back out of his vault, pausing at the doorway to pick up a floppy black hat. He smiled as he spun it dramatically around his finger and onto his head then hopped back into the minecart. 

2 hours ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

"My vault should be near here." Xanatos responded. Seeing Kelsier's collection of items reminded him of some artifacts from his own world that he would want to use while infiltrating this one.

After offering up his second drop of blood for the day, Xanatos watched the immense doors glide open, revealing two large mech suits and an assortment of beautiful jewelry, before a massive mountain of gold and silver coins.

Strolling past his coyote and gargoyle suits, Xanatos, picked up a couple of trinkets and scooped several handfuls of coins into a money bag.

"That should do it for me."

The mine cart retreated back up the winding rails, eventually emerging in the bank.

”Guess its time for that tour,” Kelsier said cheerfully. He’d never admit it, but he was glad to get out of the dark.

33 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The mine cart retreated back up the winding rails, eventually emerging in the bank.

”Guess its time for that tour,” Kelsier said cheerfully. He’d never admit it, but he was glad to get out of the dark.

Fred and George grinned. "Yep. Do you have any school supplies yet?" Said Fred. 

17 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Follow us!" said Fred. 

The twins led them to Olivanders.

"We're here." Said George.

The twins entered Olivanders.

Kelsier followed the twins into the musty old shop, a small bell ringing as he did so. The shop was full of boxes, and the items within shone brightly in his steel sight. There was no one visible about. 

Frowning, Kelsier tapped his hearing tinmind. He was rewarded with the sound of soft, shuffling steps. Pleased, he let his senses return to normal. As an afterthought, he began storing his steelsight. It wouldn’t be much use here and the shop shone too brightly with it.

An old man quietly stepped up to the counter.

“Ah,” the old man said peering keenly at the twins. “It’s been awhile since you were in my shop. Frederick Weasley, Beech wood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ¾" inches. Brittle, but flexible, as I recall. And George Weasley. Spruce wood with a unicorn hair core, from the same beast as your twin’s. 13 ¾” inches. Slightly springy and flexible. I hope you haven’t been causing too much trouble with them,” he added, eyes narrowing before he whipped around to face the other three boys.

”And you three. You aren’t quite what you seem, are you?”

Kelsier forced himself to remain relaxed, matching the old man stare for stare. Eventually the shop owner turned away.

”Curious,” the old man murmured. “Curious. So many visitors... Ah, but no matter. Which one of you is first?”

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Ah,” the old man said peering keenly at the twins. “It’s been awhile since you were in my shop. Frederick Weasley, Beech wood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ¾" inches. Brittle, but flexible, as I recall. And George Weasley. Spruce wood with a unicorn hair core, from the same beast as your twin’s. 13 ¾” inches. Slightly springy and flexible. I hope you haven’t been causing too much trouble with them,” he added, eyes narrowing before he whipped around to face the other three boys.

Kelsier forced himself to remain relaxed, matching the old man stare for stare. Eventually the shop owner turned away.

”Curious,” the old man murmured. “Curious. So many visitors... Ah, but no matter. Which one of you is first?”

Fred and George faked looks of confusion.

"Trouble? Us?" Said Fred

"Why would you think that?" Said George

The twins grinned

7 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Trouble? Us?" Said Fred

"Why would you think that?" Said George

The twins grinned

"Ha! I'll teach you trouble yet."

8 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

"Well there's no need to point it out so blatantly. See, you've upset Kell."

Silk walked to a nearby shelf and peered intently at it's boxed contents. "I'll go first" he said "is there some test or something I have to do?" He picked up a musty box from the shelf, sniffed it's contents than put it back "Have you ever thought about getting white lights in this place? It may ruin the atmosphere, but it's a lot easier to read by."

4 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Ha! I'll teach you trouble yet."

"Well there's no need to point it out so blatantly. See, you've upset Kell."

Silk walked to a nearby shelf and peered intently at it's boxed contents. "I'll go first" he said "is there some test or something I have to do?" He picked up a musty box from the shelf, sniffed it's contents than put it back "Have you ever thought about getting white lights in this place? It may ruin the atmosphere, but it's a lot easier to read by."

“Stand still,” Ollivander instructed, pulling out a tape measure. It promptly began measuring Silk as the old man began explaining about how a wand chooses its wizard and that the perfect match is essential.