37 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

Xanatos complied, puncturing his finger and watching the form magically fill itself out. Wonderfully efficient, these goblins were.

The goblin nodded his head. “All in order. I can show you to your vaults now.”

If Lecky doesn’t answer soon we’ll just assume Silk did the test and is accompanying us.

Kelsier followed the goblin to the side door. The blue lines leading past it were strong; there was far more than just trace metals there. Rails, of some sort, much like the ones in the Basin.

The goblin opened the door, revealing a cart and a long tunnel leading far below ground.

”In you go,” the goblin snapped as he swung himself into the cart.

@Random Bystander are the twins coming along?

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The goblin nodded his head. “All in order. I can show you to your vaults now.”

Kelsier followed the goblin to the side door. The blue lines leading past it were strong; there was far more than just trace metals there. Rails, of some sort, much like the ones in the Basin.

The goblin opened the door, revealing a cart and a long tunnel leading far below ground.

”In you go,” the goblin snapped as he swung himself into the cart.

Reveal hidden contents

Yep.

Fred and George followed Kelsier and his companions. They climbed into the cart with the goblin, and waited for the others to join them.

14 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier swung himself over the lip of the cart, landing lightly storing his weight just slightly in iron. After all these centuries, his Feruchemy was as natural to him as allomancy.

Once everyone was settled the goblin set the cart in motion, sending them careening down the tracks and deep into the vaults.

Fred turned to the two boys beside Kelsier. "You never told us your names."

George grinned. "If they don't tell us their names, we will just have to come up with names for them."

Fred and George tried to think of the most ridiculous names they could.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Fred turned to the two boys beside Kelsier. "You never told us your names."

George grinned. "If they don't tell us their names, we will just have to come up with names for them."

Fred and George tried to think of the most ridiculous names they could.

“David and Kheldar,” Kelsier introduces them. “We call him Silk,” he added, pointing at the man - boy, now - in question.

3 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“David and Kheldar,” Kelsier introduces them. “We call him Silk,” he added, pointing at the man - boy, now - in question.

"David, Silk, and Kelsier." Fred said, pointing. He was mixing the names up (on purpose) because he is Fred.

"Fred, you mixed their names up. That's David, that's Silk, and that's Kelsier." George also mixed up their names.

They both grinned, and looked at the boys. "So, where are you all from?" Fred asked.

I am excited to hear the answers to this.

10 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"David, Silk, and Kelsier." Fred said, pointing. He was mixing the names up (on purpose) because he is Fred.

"Fred, you mixed their names up. That's David, that's Silk, and that's Kelsier." George also mixed up their names.

They both grinned, and looked at the boys. "So, where are you all from?" Fred asked.

Kelsier tilted his head slightly, quickly scanning his metalmind. This world was similar to David’s so... 

“Can’t you guess,” he said after a moment, grinning. “I would ‘ave thought it obvious.”

Just a small reminder that David sounds American, Kelsier sounds French, and Silk, as a Drasnian Alorn, probably sounds Nordic. (The Alorns are kind-of based on Vikings and Drasnians specifically on the Nords.)

4 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier tilted his head slightly, quickly scanning his metalmind. This world was similar to David’s so... 

“Can’t you guess,” he said after a moment, grinning. “I would ‘ave thought it obvious.”

George raised his eyebrow. "It might be obvious where you are from, but he has said, what, 3 words?" George pointed at Silk.

Fred nodded "I don't think he has said anything." Fred was pointing at David.

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

George raised his eyebrow. "It might be obvious where you are from, but he has said, what, 3 words?" George pointed at Silk.

Fred nodded "I don't think he has said anything." Fred was pointing at David.

Kelsier laughed. “And where do you think I’m from?” A tease, but also a way of being certain. The worlds seemed to match up, but there could always have been an unknown twist in the history. Language could be a finicky thing.

55 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier laughed. “And where do you think I’m from?” A tease, but also a way of being certain. The worlds seemed to match up, but there could always have been an unknown twist in the history. Language could be a finicky thing.

"You're French." said George.

"Unless you're not." said Fred

"Very possible." said George

17 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"You're French." said George.

"Unless you're not." said Fred

"Very possible." said George

Kelsier grinned brightly at the twins. “French enough.” It seemed the linguistics or, at least, the ones that matched his accent were the same. “David is American and Silk is from Norway. But we’re all in England now.”

3 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier grinned brightly at the twins. “French enough.” It seemed the linguistics or, at least, the ones that matched his accent were the same. “David is American and Silk is from Norway. But we’re all in England now.”

"Wait, you are all in England now?" Fred said feigning shock. "I wouldn't have known if you hadn't told me."

Fred and George grinned.

Xanatos figured he shouldn't start trouble this soon, but it was a good opportunity to do recon on this bank's security. He might have to break in here later for one of the artifacts he wanted. Compared to David's human eyes, Kelsier's allomantic senses would be much more useful in gathering intel on this facility. Just in case Kel wasn't already paying attention, he thought he'd better remind him why they were here. He also thought he'd probe these boys for any information they had about this place. He tried to speak as a little boy would, so the goblin wouldn't suspect his true intentions.

"This is a bank," Xanatos interjected, then continued before one of the redhead boys had a chance to make another of their wisecracks. "But they obviously keep more stuff in here than money. There have got to be all kinds of magical artifacts buried in these vaults. What if somebody's keeping one of the deathly hallows here, or Gryffindor's sword, or something?"

3 hours ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

Xanatos figured he shouldn't start trouble this soon, but it was a good opportunity to do recon on this bank's security. He might have to break in here later for one of the artifacts he wanted. Compared to David's human eyes, Kelsier's allomantic senses would be much more useful in gathering intel on this facility. Just in case Kel wasn't already paying attention, he thought he'd better remind him why they were here. He also thought he'd probe these boys for any information they had about this place. He tried to speak as a little boy would, so the goblin wouldn't suspect his true intentions.

"This is a bank," Xanatos interjected, then continued before one of the redhead boys had a chance to make another of their wisecracks. "But they obviously keep more stuff in here than money. There have got to be all kinds of magical artifacts buried in these vaults. What if somebody's keeping one of the deathly hallows here, or Gryffindor's sword, or something?"

George gasped. "He talks! It's a miracle!" 

18 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

George gasped. "He talks! It's a miracle!" 

21 hours ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

Kelsier raises a brow at David. “Always avaricious, my friend. I think you’d have an easier time robbing that giant in the atrium.” If the glowing object in the man’s pocket was what Kelsier suspected it was anyway.

I'm really sorry about being absent, I've had a rough few days with the family life and have only been able to spend a limited time on the shard. 

On 16/01/2021 at 4:11 AM, Random Bystander said:

Silk grinned at the boys "Maybe I only know three words, I prefer talking with my hands anyway"  he said. He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets to fingered the keys that he'd stolen from a few careless people in the lobby. His heart skipped and his lips tightened as he surveyed his surroundings, surrounded by stone, he hated being surrounded by stone; he wouldn't of been surprised if his paler-than-usual skin was showing in the dim light. 

2 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Silk grinned at the boys "Maybe I only know three words, I prefer talking with my hands anyway"  he said. He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets to fingered the keys that he'd stolen from a few careless people in the lobby. His heart skipped and his lips tightened as he surveyed his surroundings, surrounded by stone, he hated being surrounded by stone; he wouldn't of been surprised if his paler-than-usual skin was showing in the dim light. 

Kelsier frowned, hearing the edge in Silk’s voice. He glanced over, understanding in his hazel eye. “These caverns are too large to be remotely like the Pits,” he said quietly, “but the darkness...”

Unconsciously, he slid his right hand into the left’s sleeve, scratching at the scars beneath.

Dislike of caves/situation specific claustrophobia solidarity! I think David’s the only one who hasn’t been in a traumatic cavern situation.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

28 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Ha! I didn't know a deity could by scared of the dark. I bet even these twin boys have outgrown that." Silks heart released a little tension with the knowledge that he was not alone in a stone pit again. 

Kelsier smirked, but teasingly, not unkindly. “Don’t kid yourself, Kheldar. I’m hardly afraid - I just don’t like the memories.”

16 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

14 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier frowned, hearing the edge in Silk’s voice. He glanced over, understanding in his hazel eye. “These caverns are too large to be remotely like the Pits,” he said quietly, “but the darkness...”

Unconsciously, he slid his right hand into the left’s sleeve, scratching at the scars beneath.

36 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Ha! I didn't know a deity could by scared of the dark. I bet even these twin boys have outgrown that." Silks heart released a little tension with the knowledge that he was not alone in a stone pit again. 

7 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked, but teasingly, not unkindly. “Don’t kid yourself, Kheldar. I’m hardly afraid - I just don’t like the memories.”

For once, the Weasley twins were to confused to crack any jokes. 

"What are you talking about?" Said Fred, confused.

"And why do you both seem a bit traumatized?" Said George.

I don't know if this is how they would actually react...

14 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

"Yeah, I know what you mean" Silk said quietly, rocking slightly to the rhythm of cart rolling along the rails and focusing on the comforting feeling of air on his skin. 

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

For once, the Weasley twins were to confused to crack any jokes. 

"What are you talking about?" Said Fred, confused.

The voice chirpy voice of the twin boys brought him out of his trance. "Memories. Surely you know what a memory is." 

Just now, Lecky Twig said:

"Yeah, I know what you mean" Silk said quietly, rocking slightly to the rhythm of cart rolling along the rails and focusing on the comforting feeling of air on his skin. 

The voice chirpy voice of the twin boys brought him out of his trance. "Memories. Surely you know what a memory is." 

"Of course we do! For example, I remember that my name is Gred!" Said Fred.

"And I remember that my name is Forge!" Said George. "That wasn't what we were talking about."

"What pits aren't these like? Your armpits?" Fred said to Kelsier.

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"And I remember that my name is Forge!" Said George. "That wasn't what we were talking about."

"Exactly"

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Actually this place is very similar to Kelsier's armpits. I saw them once....and smelt them." Silk wrinkled his nose at the thought. 

17 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

7 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Exactly"

"Actually this place is very similar to Kelsier's armpits. I saw them once....and smelt them." Silk wrinkled his nose at the thought. 

Kelsier shot the shorter man a glare, knocking him off balance with a light steelpush, before turning to the twins.

“My family was attacked by dark wizards years ago. They trapped me in a cavern in the ground and forced me to work for a year before they were caught. It’s ‘ow I got these.” He tugged off his left glove, showing the twins his scarred hand.

"Ayy, now that was unnecessary" Silk said as he righted himself and dusted of his jacket. "And put that glove back on, or you'll give these kids nightmares." He turned to Fred and whispered "It's okay, his pits are a lot prettier than his hands." 

Edited by Lecky Twig