39 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

So, badly. At least according to Kell, who thinks that anything that doesn’t have the smooth French-sounding flow is bad.

Kelsier smirked as he took the toffee. “Will do.” Now, how to trick the twins into testing their own mischief... “Interesting trick that. All the syllables right and the sounds all wrong. Usually people do the opposite.”

He tossed the toffee from hand to hand as he wandered toward the bank. “We need to go to the bank. After - care to give us a tour?”

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked as he took the toffee. “Will do.” Now, how to trick the twins into testing their own mischief... “Interesting trick that. All the syllables right and the sounds all wrong. Usually people do the opposite.”

He tossed the toffee from hand to hand as he wandered toward the bank. “We need to go to the bank. After - care to give us a tour?”

Fred shrugged. "Sure. We were heading to the Apothecary to get some ingredients for new products."

"Fred came up with an idea for a line of sweets that can help you get out of class. If they work, we could get out of boring classes permanently!"

Prank War! Prank War! Prank War! Prank War!

4 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred shrugged. "Sure. We were heading to the Apothecary to get some ingredients for new products."

"Fred came up with an idea for a line of sweets that can help you get out of class. If they work, we could get out of boring classes permanently!"

Kelsier grinned at the twins, his single eye sparkling. “Could be interesting. Of course, you want to make sure there’s nothing important being taught first - even if it is boring. Knowledge is power, after all, and even the most boring lessons can ‘ave secrets.”

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier grinned at the twins, his single eye sparkling. “Could be interesting. Of course, you want to make sure there’s nothing important being taught first - even if it is boring. Knowledge is power, after all, and even the most boring lessons can ‘ave secrets.”

"The worst class is a History of Magic." Fred warned.

"It is exciting at first, since the teacher is a ghost, but his voice can quickly put almost anyone to sleep." Said George. "Professor Binns is unbelievably boring."

"Not even the Ravenclaws like his class." Said Fred. "And they normally love learning."

36 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"The worst class is a History of Magic." Fred warned.

"It is exciting at first, since the teacher is a ghost, but his voice can quickly put almost anyone to sleep." Said George. "Professor Binns is unbelievably boring."

"Not even the Ravenclaws like his class." Said Fred. "And they normally love learning."

Kelsier’s smirk grew dark. “Guess this ghost will just ‘ave to liven things up then.”

3 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier’s smirk grew dark. “Guess this ghost will just ‘ave to liven things up then.”

You are doing a great job at showing Kelsier as the insane megalomaniac that he is. :D

Also, really bad pun alert.

"He can't. No one has ever been able to lift his spirits." Said Fred.

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"He can't. No one has ever been able to lift his spirits." Said Fred.

I’m surprised they didn’t jump when he referred to himself as a ghost, lol!

And yes, I love writing Kell. He’s one of my favorite characters.

Kelsier smiled, and there was a dangerous edge to its gleam. “‘E ‘asn’t met me yet.” He paused, the beginnings of a plan percolating in his mind. “Tell me: what does first year ‘istory usually entail? What subjects do we cover?”

Kelsier smiled, and there was a dangerous edge to its gleam. “‘E ‘asn’t met me yet.” He paused, the beginnings of a plan percolating in his mind. “Tell me: what does first year ‘istory usually entail? What subjects do we cover?”

When you said "this ghost" I don't think Fred or George would think Kelsier was referring to himself. If I didn't have context, I would think he was talking about Professor Binns.

WHY? Why did you ask that? How am I supposed to know that? I'm bad enough at regular history class.

George shrugged. "I don't know. Most people fall asleep within the first 5 to 10 minutes of the class."

39 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

George shrugged. "I don't know. Most people fall asleep within the first 5 to 10 minutes of the class."

Kelsier sighed dramatically. “Seems I ‘ave my work cut out for me then. I suppose I’ll just ‘ave to ask around; someone should know.”

He shook his head in mock regret. “You really shouldn’t ignore ‘istory.”  He shook his head again, lowering his voice slightly as he took on the accents of a stuffiest members of the High Nobility. “Very important thing, ‘istory. Why without it I wouldn’t ‘ave known enough of religion to start my own.” 

He shot a sideways glance at the twins as he climbed the white stairs, and winked.

Kelsier is now planning to take over the class.

14 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier sighed dramatically. “Seems I ‘ave my work cut out for me then. I suppose I’ll just ‘ave to ask around; someone should know.”

He shook his head in mock regret. “You really shouldn’t ignore ‘istory.”  He shook his head again, lowering his voice slightly as he took on the accents of a stuffiest members of the High Nobility. “Very important thing, ‘istory. Why without it I wouldn’t ‘ave known enough of religion to start my own.” 

He shot a sideways glance at the twins as he climbed the white stairs, and winked.

Uh... How would the twins know he winked? He has one eye. And a spike. Winking is the same as blinking in this scenario.

Also, should the twins wait for you?

Fred and George laughed, thinking that Kelsier was joking. "That's funny. Imagine it Fred, a child starting a religion."

"I'm not convinced that he is completely sane. He seemed almost serious about that."

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George laughed, thinking that Kelsier was joking. "That's funny. Imagine it Fred, a child starting a religion."

"I'm not convinced that he is completely sane. He seemed almost serious about that."

Kelsier smirked at the twins. “Maybe I’m not a child. Maybe I’m a centuries old Cognitive entity in the form of a child.” The best lies were always true.

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked at the twins. “Maybe I’m not a child. Maybe I’m a centuries old Cognitive entity in the form of a child.” The best lies were always true.

They laughed even harder. "You are hilarious." said Fred.

"We need to introduce you all to Peeves." said George.

"We need to show Kelsier over there the Marauders Map, once we get to school." said Fred.

George nodded. "Taught us everything we know, that map." George said with mock solemnity. 

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs were true heroes." Fred said, with the same mock solemnity in his voice. Fred and George then grinned.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

They laughed even harder. "You are hilarious." said Fred.

"We need to introduce you all to Peeves." said George.

"We need to show Kelsier over there the Marauders Map, once we get to school." said Fred.

George nodded. "Taught us everything we know, that map." George said with mock solemnity. 

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs were true heroes." Fred said, with the same mock solemnity in his voice. Fred and George then grinned.

Kelsier raised a brow as he reached the bank doors. “Map, huh?”

He scowled briefly as he entered the vestibule, turning his head slightly to read the words on the inner set of doors. Trying to read words inscribed in metal with his right eyes was an exercise in futility. He’d long since become accustomed to his dual vision, but focusing with only one eye could still be disorienting.

Still, he was too curious not to read the words inscribed on the silver doors.

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.

“Warning?” He laughed, shaking his his head slightly as he leaned forward to push open the doors, using the motion to hide the momentary lack of balance as his visions returned to alignment. “Sounds more like a challenge! It’s practically demanding someone try!”

In other news, it just hit that Kell is going to be one remarkable seeker. The snitch is made of METAL!

Seeing with two drastically different forms of sight from each eye must have taken quite a bit of getting used to. I suspect a lot of falling over was involved.

Kelsier raised a brow as he reached the bank doors. “Map, huh?”

He scowled briefly as he entered the vestibule, turning his head slightly to read the words on the inner set of doors. Trying to read words inscribed in metal with his right eyes was an exercise in futility. He’d long since become accustomed to his dual vision, but focusing with only one eye could still be disorienting.

Still, he was too curious not to read the words inscribed on the silver doors.

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.

“Warning?” He laughed, shaking his his head slightly as he leaned forward to push open the doors, using the motion to hide the momentary lack of balance as his visions returned to alignment. “Sounds more like a challenge! It’s practically demanding someone try!”

"There are rumors of a dragon in there." Fred said, still grinning.

"There are also rumors of people trying to steal from the bank, and getting stuck in the vaults."

17 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"There are rumors of a dragon in there." Fred said, still grinning.

"There are also rumors of people trying to steal from the bank, and getting stuck in the vaults."

Kelsier’s smile broadened. “Like I said - a challenge.”

He burned steel, blue lines piercing the floors. As he’d suspected, there was a lot of metal below the building. Not much of a challenge really - at least, not for an Allomancer. Certainly not a Fullborn.

He stopped burning the metal, glancing about the room instead. There were numerous small creatures manning the various desks - goblins, according to the HP file. An unusually large man was stumbling out of a side door, accompanied by a short, messy haired boy. Half giant, Kelsier determined, double checking the index in his Coppermind.

He could feel the story weaving itself around the dark haired boy. Important then, maybe even the main character. It didn’t matter much to Kelsier, and he had no intention of disrupting the story this early. Maybe once they got to school...

He ignored the duo as he walked toward the counter, not bothering to spare them another glance.

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier’s smile broadened. “Like I said - a challenge.”

He burned steel, blue lines piercing the floors. As he’d suspected, there was a lot of metal below the building. Not much of a challenge really - at least, not for an Allomancer. Certainly not a Fullborn.

He stopped burning the metal, glancing about the room instead. There were numerous small creatures manning the various desks - goblins, according to the HP file. An unusually large man was stumbling out of a side door, accompanied by a short, messy haired boy. Half giant, Kelsier determined, double checking the index in his Coppermind.

He could feel the story weaving itself around the dark haired boy. Important then, maybe even the main character. It didn’t matter much to Kelsier, and he had no intention of disrupting the story this early. Maybe once they got to school...

He ignored the duo as he walked toward the counter, not bothering to spare them another glance.

"If he thinks he can steal from goblins, he is definitely insane." said George.

"I think it might be fun to go with him." said Fred with a grin.

And with that Fred and George walked toward Kelsier.

26 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"If he thinks he can steal from goblins, he is definitely insane." said George.

"I think it might be fun to go with him." said Fred with a grin.

And with that Fred and George walked toward Kelsier.

Brief headcannon: after going through the High Noble families and discarding the ones from the wrong places, I ended up with far fewer options for Kelsier’s Noble family and went with the one I felt was the most likely.

Kelsier swung himself on to the marble counter, briefly tapping pewter for the extra strength and dexterity. “Hi!” He said to the startled goblin. “I’m Kelsier,” he offered the now-irritated looking man a scarred hand.

Scowling, the goblin gave it a brief shake.

”I need to access my funds,” Kelsier explained. “As do my friends.”

The goblin sighed. “You have a key?”

Kelsier shook his head. “I’m afraid not. I’m not exactly from around ‘ere.”

The goblin heaved a long suffering sigh. “Oh, one of THOSE. Try not to wreck things too badly; the paperwork after a reweave is so tedious.”

Kelsier smirked. “No promises, friend.”

The goblin scowled, shoving a blank piece of parchment and a needle at him. “One drop off blood on the paper please.” 

Kelsier nodded, stabbing his index finger and letting the droplet fall to the parchment. Immediately words began to form identifying him. The Survivor glowered as his father’s surname appeared beside his own. He swiped his still bloody finger across it, obscuring the name.

The goblin smiled cruelly. “You know they use surnames at the school, don’t you?”

Kelsier forced himself to smile back, a dangerous light gleaming in his eye. “I’ll just ‘ave to see if I can’t convince them otherwise.” There was no way he was using that name. “I assume we can access the account now?”

The goblin nodded. “Unless your friends want to access their accounts too?”

@Narcoleptic Axolotl and @Lecky Twig, are you going down to the vaults?

15 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier swung himself on to the marble counter, briefly tapping pewter for the extra strength and dexterity. “Hi!” He said to the startled goblin. “I’m Kelsier,” he offered the now-irritated looking man a scarred hand.

Scowling, the goblin gave it a brief shake.

”I need to access my funds,” Kelsier explained. “As do my friends.”

The goblin sighed. “You have a key?”

Kelsier shook his head. “I’m afraid not. I’m not exactly from around ‘ere.”

The goblin heaved a long suffering sigh. “Oh, one of THOSE. Try not to wreck things too badly; the paperwork after a reweave is so tedious.”

Kelsier smirked. “No promises, friend.”

The goblin scowled, shoving a blank piece of parchment and a needle at him. “One drop off blood on the paper please.” 

Kelsier nodded, stabbing his index finger and letting the droplet fall to the parchment. Immediately words began to form identifying him. The Survivor glowered as his father’s surname appeared beside his own. He swiped his still bloody finger across it, obscuring the name.

The goblin smiled cruelly. “You know they use surnames at the school, don’t you?”

Kelsier forced himself to smile back, a dangerous light gleaming in his eye. “I’ll just ‘ave to see if I can’t convince them otherwise.” There was no way he was using that name. “I assume we can access the account now?”

The goblin nodded. “Unless your friends want to access their accounts too?”

@Narcoleptic Axolotl and @Lecky Twig, are you going down to the vaults?

Kelsier is going to hate Malfoy, and I am so excited for that!

Xanatos was busy watching the black-haired boy, and didn't hear the question at first.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. We're going to be needing some of this wizard money to purchase our supplies." It seemed the goblin creature was already wise to the fact that they were from off-world. He hoped that was a rare skill in this universe. It would be difficult to plan his heists if everybody knew who he was and why he was there.

Just now, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

Xanatos was busy watching the black-haired boy, and didn't hear the question at first.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. We're going to be needing some of this wizard money to purchase our supplies." It seemed the goblin creature was already wise to the fact that they were from off-world. He hoped that was a rare skill in this universe. It would be difficult to plan his heists if everybody knew who he was and why he was there.

That’s one of the things the bank does. It accesses their funds on other worlds. The bank functions in multiple dimensions. It has to; Worl HP is infamous for story interlopers.

The teller nodded, muttering irritably under his breath as he handed over the parchment and pin. “One drop of blood on the paper,” he said.