Silk grinned as he folded and put down his hand-towel, then took the bottle from Kelsier to fill his glass. "Ahh of course. I've heard World-HP to be quite an interesting place..." he turned around and waggled a finger in David's direction "original as always I see, lusting after immortality." he shook his scraggly black hair in feigned disappointment at David's lack of creativity. "And I suppose you'll be looking for a way to get off world." he said looking back at Kelsier.

He finished his drink then clapped his ands twice in anticipation "Alright, lets get on with it. We should get going."

Edited by Lecky Twig

1 hour ago, Lecky Twig said:

Silk grinned as he folded and put down his hand-towel, then took the bottle from Kelsier to fill his glass. "Ahh of course. I've heard World-HP to be quite an interesting place..." he turned around and waggled a finger in David's direction "original as always I see, lusting after immortality." he shook his scraggly black hair in feigned disappointment at David's lack of creativity. "And I suppose you'll be looking for a way to get off world." he said looking back at Kelsier.

He finished his drink then clapped his ands twice in anticipation "I suppose we should get going then, there's a nearby lake we can jump in to take us away. Kelsier, I think you know the most about this form of traveling so you lead the way."

This not how they travel between universes. Please edit it.

Kelsier shook his head lightly. “Not at all. This is entirely for fun Kheldar. A vacation, if you will.

”Shall we?”

He laid one scarred hand, palm down, flat on the table, glancing expectantly over at the other two.

5 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier shook his head lightly. “Not at all. This is entirely for fun Kheldar. A vacation, if you will.

”Shall we?”

He laid one scarred hand, palm down, flat on the table, glancing expectantly over at the other two.

Xanatos re-stashed his notebook before laying his hand down on the table as well.

"I can't wait."

1 hour ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

Xanatos re-stashed his notebook before laying his hand down on the table as well.

"I can't wait."

The fingertips of the three men just brushed against each other and the world twisted about them. 

This is the true secret of tricksters. No rules may bind them, for rules they defy. It is the truth of their nature. Nothing is real and the world an illusion. It is only in illusion they can be bound and there is no illusion greater than story. And the web of stories is woven by the Spider, a trickster himself.

Some say the Spider is fond of his own, and that is why he lets them travel on his web. Others, less kind, say he enjoys the chaos. And still others claim that the nature of tricksters is such that he cannot stop them, for to try would only be encouragement.

In the end, does it matter?

Fingertips brush, the world twists, and three tricksters are woven into a story they were never meant to be a part of.

Finding himself in a dingy alley, facing a blank wall, holding a class list was really only to be expected, Kelsier decided. Being eleven wasn’t.

3 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The fingertips of the three men just brushed against each other and the world twisted about them. 

This is the true secret of tricksters. No rules may bind them, for rules they defy. It is the truth of their nature. Nothing is real and the world an illusion. It is only in illusion they can be bound and there is no illusion greater than story. And the web of stories is woven by the Spider, a trickster himself.

Some say the Spider is fond of his own, and that is why he lets them travel on his web. Others, less kind, say he enjoys the chaos. And still others claim that the nature of tricksters is such that he cannot stop them, for to try would only be encouragement.

In the end, does it matter?

Fingertips brush, the world twists, and three tricksters are woven into a story they were never meant to be a part of.

Finding himself in a dingy alley, facing a blank wall, holding a class list was really only to be expected, Kelsier decided. Being eleven wasn’t.

"So this is it."

Hearing the high, prepubescent voice that emanated from his own mouth, Xanatos stopped. He looked at his two companions, then down at himself. They had each been transformed into child versions of themselves, maybe eleven or so years old. This would take some getting used to.

"I admit, I hadn't considered this possibility." There was that child's voice again. "It looks like our first move is to go shopping. Anyone else need 'A History of Magic'?"

10 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

This not how they travel between universes. Please edit it.

Awww okay then. I'll edit it.

Silk pouted as he looked at his reflection through his pocket mirror. "I'm barely an inch shorter than I was before" he complained "Yeah, Yeah, we'll get your book; But I'm pretty sure that we won't be expected to know much about magic if we're going to be new initiates. What we do need are new clothes, a disguise persay. I don't think that the eleven year olds of this world typically dress as if they're planning on mugging you, and I need glasses to hide my old wise eyes, same as you Kell. You..." He pointed at David "don't need to worry because there is nothing old nor wise about you."

23 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Silk pouted as he looked at his reflection through his pocket mirror. "I'm barely an inch shorter than I was before" he complained "Yeah, Yeah, we'll get your book; But I'm pretty sure that we won't be expected to know much about magic if we're going to be new initiates. What we do need are new clothes, a disguise persay. I don't think that the eleven year olds of this world typically dress as if they're planning on mugging you, and I need glasses to hide my old wise eyes, same as you Kell. You..." He pointed at David "don't need to worry because there is nothing old nor wise about you."

Kelsier pulled a patch out of his pocket, covering the head of the metal spike protruding from his right eye socket. A pair of gloves covered his hands.

“Robes are on the list,” he noted. “So we can get those right after we visit the bank.”

If this was anything like the other worlds they’d visited they’d have access to their funds. The method varied, of course. Some worlds just had accounts in their name. Others were prepared for cross-universe travelers. It depended on how fantastical the setting was and how carefully the world had been crafted.

Worlds like David’s tended to fold them in as fully fleshed our characters, with bank accounts and documentation. Worlds like Silk’s tended to be more relaxed; they might not even become characters. Worlds like Kelsier’s own usually added them as side characters; they’d have a basic background, but they also tended to be more heavily bound by the extensive laws controlling the setting.

This one seemed fairly relaxed, from what Kelsier could tell. They had obviously become characters, but under their own names. Kelsier had even kept his North Scadrian accent! It was probably a world building flaw; the universe seemed similar to David’s in other ways, so it couldn’t be due to an overly fantastical nature.

Fred and George walked through Diagon Alley after ditching their family. They were heading towards the Apothecary to get ingredients for their new invention, Canary Creams. They had a few jokes they needed to test out, such as their new fake wands, but didn't want to get into too much trouble. They did know that the Canary Creams worked. As they walked, they saw three odd looking kids walking towards Gringotts. 

"George, why don't we try the Canary Creams on one of them."

"What a brilliant idea."

The twins walked over to the three boys. Fred stepped up to the one with the eyepatch. "Hello. I am Gred, and this is my brother Forge. Would you like to try one of our Custard Creams?"

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George walked through Diagon Alley after ditching their family. They were heading towards the Apothecary to get ingredients for their new invention, Canary Creams. They had a few jokes they needed to test out, such as their new fake wands, but didn't want to get into too much trouble. They did know that the Canary Creams worked. As they walked, they saw three odd looking kids walking towards Gringotts. 

"George, why don't we try the Canary Creams on one of them."

"What a brilliant idea."

The twins walked over to the three boys. Fred stepped up to the one with the eyepatch. "Hello. I am Gred, and this is my brother Forge. Would you like to try one of our Custard Creams?"

Kelsier raised a brow. “That depends. Why are you offering?” 

I thought the creams were a seventh year invention for the twins? (Harry’s fifth.) They’re currently third years.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier raised a brow. “That depends. Why are you offering?” 

They were first INTRODUCED in the goblet of fire. I don't know when they were actually invented. Plus, I want Kelsier to turn into a giant, yellow canary.

"We need feedback." Fred said. "We need to know if we have the flavors right." 

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"We need feedback." Fred said. "We need to know if we have the flavors right." 

Kelsier smirked. “And that’s why you decided to ask three oddly dressed strangers? Newcomers to this magical world? Imagine if something were to happen to completely turn us off the concept...”

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked. “And that’s why you decided to ask three oddly dressed strangers? Newcomers to this magical world? Imagine if something were to happen to completely turn us off the concept...”

Fred and George shared a very confused look. Both of them wondered why he was so paranoid.

"I think this one is insane." Said George. "Why don't we ask his companions instead?"

Fred and George looked at the other two expectantly. 

33 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George shared a very confused look. Both of them wondered why he was so paranoid.

"I think this one is insane." Said George. "Why don't we ask his companions instead?"

Fred and George looked at the other two expectantly. 

Kell grinned. “Oh, that’s a widely accepted fact. Now, what do these pies actually do?” He held up the one he swiped from the twins.

And took a bite.

Because he’s Kelsier and he actually is insane. And would totally do this... but only on his own terms.

29 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kell grinned. “Oh, that’s a widely accepted fact. Now, what do these pies actually do?” He held up the one he swiped from the twins.

And took a bite.

Fred shook his head with mock horror. "Pies? You ARE insane if you think these are pies."

"Didn't you hear us? They're Canary Creams!" Said George

They both looked a Kelsier, waiting for him to turn into a canary.

Edited by Random Bystander

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred shook his head with mock horror. "Pies? You ARE insane if you think these are pies."

"Didn't you hear us? They're Canary Creams!" Said George

They both looked a Kelsier, waiting for him to turn into a canary.

Kelsier smirked at the twins. He’d been right: there was something odd about these pies. This world’s Investiture, rubbing against his own.

It wanted to change him, he realized. Some kind of... bird? A ‘canary’ probably, based on what those twins had said. Temporary, it seemed, considering the power was already fading.

He took another bite of the pie, strengthening the spell. He winked at the twins. “Canary, you said? Could be interesting.” He stopped resisting, allowing the spell to take hold.

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked at the twins. He’d been right: there was something odd about these pies. This world’s Investiture, rubbing against his own.

It wanted to change him, he realized. Some kind of... bird? A ‘canary’ probably, based on what those twins had said. Temporary, it seemed, considering the power was already fading.

He took another bite of the pie, strengthening the spell. He winked at the twins. “Canary, you said? Could be interesting.” He stopped resisting, allowing the spell to take hold.

Fred and George watched as he turned into a giant, yellow canary. 

"Well Fred, it seems that there are a few problems with the canary creams. It took him too long to transform."

Fred grinned "Who knows, maybe he will be stuck as a bloody canary permanently."

I can't get the image of a huge, yellow canary with a spike in its eye out of my head.

Fred turned to the other two people there."We are trying to test out different products that we are developing. Would you like to try out a fake wand?"

"Hey let me try that" Silk let himself laugh as he watched Kell transform. 

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred turned to the other two people there."We are trying to test out different products that we are developing. Would you like to try out a fake wand?"

'Fake wand? Bah." Although that does give me an idea. As he took a cream from the twins he swiped one of the wooden sticks from one of the boy's jacket and hid it up his sleeve. In the same motion he took a bight out of the Cream and smiled gleefully as he turned into a huge feathered creature. Slight of hand never gets old. 

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George watched as he turned into a giant, yellow canary. 

"Well Fred, it seems that there are a few problems with the canary creams. It took him too long to transform."

Fred grinned "Who knows, maybe he will be stuck as a bloody canary permanently."

Kelsier laughed as he returned to himself. “That was fun. And these pies are good too.” He finished his off, licking the cream off his fingers, his scars rough on his tongue.

This time he did not allow the magic to transform him. He’d much rather eat the pie. It always amazed him how sweet cane sugar could be. Which was fine - Kelsier had always liked sweets and everything tasted sweeter once Saze fixed the world. Even vegetables were sweet!

There was no cane sugar on Scadrial pre-Catascande. From what I can tell most of their foods didn’t have many natural sugars in them, being mainly things like tubers and lacking any real fruit. Post-Catascande foods are likely quite sweet to him.

11 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Hey let me try that" Silk let himself laugh as he watched Kell transform. 

'Fake wand? Bah." Although that does give me an idea. As he took a cream from the twins he swiped one of the wooden sticks from one of the boy's jacket and hid it up his sleeve. In the same motion he took a bight out of the Cream and smiled gleefully as he turned into a huge feathered creature. Slight of hand never gets old. 

Fred and George grinned. "I think these are going to be very popular." said Fred.

9 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier laughed as he returned to himself. “That was fun. And these pies are good too.” He finished his off, licking the cream off his fingers, his scars rough on his tongue.

This time he did not allow the magic to transform him. He’d much rather eat the pie. It always amazed him how sweet cane sugar could be. Which was fine - Kelsier had always liked sweets and everything tasted sweeter once Saze fixed the world. Even vegetables were sweet!

"They don't seem to work as well on you. What are your names?" George said.

24 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George grinned. "I think these are going to be very popular." said Fred.

"They don't seem to work as well on you. What are your names?" George said.

“Kelsier,” Kelsier replied, the syllables rolling off his tongue in the Scadrian way. “Try not to butcher it too badly.” Non-North Scadrians always seemed to have trouble with it for some reason.

Just a reminder that Kell sounds French and his name is pronounced Kel-see-ay. According to him, anyway.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Kelsier,” Kelsier replied, the syllables rolling off his tongue in the Scadrian way. “Try not to butcher it too badly.” Non-North Scadrians always seemed to have trouble with it for some reason.

Ok. For the sake of the RP, I'm just going to say that they already have a ton of products developed. Later, I'm going to introduce Decoy Detonators!

The twins both grinned. "Alright Kelsier, you seem like the type of person who appreciates a good prank." Fred said as he rummaged through a pocket in his robes. "This is a candy that George and I developed last week. We call it the Ton-Tongue-Toffee. If you eat it, it will make your tongue swell up."

"Don't eat it." George said, as Fred handed the candy to Kelsier. "If you give it to someone, tell us how it turns out, and we will try to get you more products."

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

The twins both grinned. "Alright Kelsier, you seem like the type of person who appreciates a good prank." Fred said as he rummaged through a pocket in his robes. "This is a candy that George and I developed last week. We call it the Ton-Tongue-Toffee. If you eat it, it will make your tongue swell up."

"Don't eat it." George said, as Fred handed the candy to Kelsier. "If you give it to someone, tell us how it turns out, and we will try to get you more products."

Just how badly are they mispronouncing his name?