RoW spoilers within 

One fine day, in a lavish manor on the lovely world of Eddings, three tricksters gathered. There they came to a decision that was to them of little consequence, but of great import to the multiverse and all who dwelled therein.

For on this day Prince Kheldar of Drasnia, David Xanatos of New York, and Kelsier of Scadrial, determined to rob the multiverse, for the sole purpose of alleviating their collective boredom.

Chaos and Mayhem ensue as the grand tapestry upon which all stories written and unwritten dwell was promptly torn to shreds.

And so we begin. The first target: The world of Harry Potter.

Silk (aka. Prince Kheldar), native of Drasnia on Eddings, the world of the Belgariad. Quick witted and sharp tongued, he’s his nation’s greatest spy and he’s helped save the world twice. The richest man on his homeworld, he’s married to fellow spy Velvet (aka. Liselle) and has a young child. His half brother, Urgit, is the king of Murgos and his cousin Kheva is King of Drasnia. Played by @Lecky Twig

BD71AEA1-4F2F-4C71-B073-456136C1E2B9.jpeg.7f841eb9133987241cf381cb7b420585.jpeg

David Xanatos, native of New York on Earth-G, the world of Gargoyles. A suave and wealthy businessman, he has few morals and fewer compunctions, particularly when pursuing power. Currently nominally on the side of good, after an extended period of villainy. Inventor of the Xanatos Gambit (TM), he is happily to married to fellow trickster Fox, and has a young son, Alexander. He is aided and abetted by his loyal servant, Owen. Played by @Narcoleptic Axolotl

71CB4BF9-52C5-4461-A4DD-C33DE9CD3578.png.6fd4077cb3031c4ea5786ed7ad7ea2fb.png

Kelsier, native of pre-Catascande Scadrial in the Cosmere, the starcluster where Mistborn, Stormlight and several other Sanderson stories take place. (But you know this, don’t you? You should; this IS the 17th Shard.) Charming and charismatic, he’s been a conman, a revolutionary, a god, and currently runs his universe’s version of the mafia. He’s also trapped on his homeworld, much to his annoyance. Played by me, Kingsdaughter613.

9F3CFEE8-EB6C-4556-BFC3-AADA1E70FBF3.thumb.jpeg.c1bcd5f2f27c9db51704e1a34dfd074a.jpeg

I’m putting this here because obviously we’re going to bring up the Kelsier - Thaidakar thing. Once the spoiler period is over this can be moved to the RP boards (or earlier, if the mods say it’s okay.) If anyone would like to join you are welcome to PM me. You are welcome to offer to play various characters in the different worlds the trio visits, members of their respective supporting casts, or additional tricksters - if you can convince me that they’re of a similar bent as these three dastards.

@Lecky Twig We’re in Silk’s home, so you get to start us off.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

The blond haired man moved continued rifling inside the wine cabinet. A small ‘click’ sounded and the man grinned triumphantly as he stood, prize in hand.

“There’s always another secret,” he said cheerfully, scarred hand reaching for the corkscrew. “Silk should have known better than to hide this.” He opened the vintage with a flourish, glancing over at the other man present. “Glass?”

"Yes, thank you." Xanatos replied, opening the coffee table drawer and pulling out his notebook. He would never have kept such a notebook in his own universe; he knew firsthand that nothing was truly secure except that which one kept in one's own mind. Though even that could be violated using arcane and ancient practices.

He flipped to a list of the alternate universes he and his friends had access to. He scanned the page, pondering on which would be the most fun to infiltrate. His eyes rested on one titled "Earth-HP". The note scribbled beside it inspired Xanatos to speak up again.

"Kell, what do you think of Earth-HP? I think it would be a wonderful starting place. Supposedly, there's a wizard there who has managed to make the philosophers' stone."

The legend of the philosophers' stone claimed that it could turn any metal to pure gold by merely touching it. Intriguing, but this was not what interested Xanatos most about the stone, nor would it really be of much use to him. The stone was also said to produce the elixir of life, a serum that restored youth to any man who drank it. Xanatos was skeptical, but surely immortality, by any means, was worth looking into. He reached out to take the glass from Kelsier.

Edited by Narcoleptic Axolotl
Changed wording to sound more like Xanatos

Kelsier poured out two glasses of the rich, ruby wine, handing one to David. He settled in one of the chairs, idly swirling the glass, his single hazel eye sharp. 

“I’m already immortal, David,” he reminded the other man. “I don’t need the stone.” He grinned teasingly at his friend. “Mind you, I don’t suggest trying my method. Initiation is a killer.”

Xanatos chuckled softly at his friend's joke, taking a sip of wine.

"That isn't the only fantastical artifact we'd be after. There are stories of a man with a magical eye that can see through anything. I want to steal it. If nothing else, it'll come in handy for our future robberies."

22 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

Xanatos chuckled softly at his friend's joke, taking a sip of wine.

"That isn't the only fantastical artifact we'd be after. There are stories of a man with a magical eye that can see through anything. I want to steal it. If nothing else, it'll come in handy for our future robberies."

Kelsier laughed, tapping lightly at the spike in his right eye socket. “This one doesn’t do to badly.” He sipped at his drink, left eye sparkling with mirth. “Come on, David. I know you can do better than that. You want me to join you on this trip - convince me!”

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

5 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

We’d probably recruit them (if they’ll work with three Slytherins) in the HP world. I don’t think we can take them with us though. The Weasley Twins are tricksters, but they aren’t archetypal tricksters like David, Kell and Silk. Which is the meta reason those three can do this; archetypal tricksters break ALL the rules.

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Spoiler

Good Question Meme (Shrek) - YouTube

"Well, there are a few more artifacts of interest to us. Myths speak of an enchanted sword that grows more deadly with every kill. A black opal that brings back the dead. A magic wand that wields unlimited power. That's not even mentioning the abilities one could acquire there. Teleportation, invisibility, the power to become an animal, and more. Some of these are doubtless overexaggerated, but we both know that all stories are rooted in fact. What do you say?"

5 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Good Question Meme (Shrek) - YouTube

"Well, there are a few more artifacts of interest to us. Myths speak of an enchanted sword that grows more deadly with every kill. A black opal that brings back the dead. A magic wand that wields unlimited power. That's not even mentioning the abilities one could acquire there. Teleportation, invisibility, the power to become an animal, and more. Some of these are doubtless overexaggerated, but we both know that all stories are rooted in fact. What do you say?"

Kelsier grinned, something vicious in his smile. “I’d say your missing the point, David. If it gets me off Scadrial I’m in. Much as I love my homeworld, after 300 years a change of scenery is desperately needed.”

2 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier grinned, something vicious in his smile. “I’d say your missing the point, David. If it gets me off Scadrial I’m in. Much as I love my homeworld, after 300 years a change of scenery is desperately needed.”

"You'll certainly get that. Earth-HP is home to men thousands of times bigger than you and I, and those aren't even the most formidable beasts around. Basilisks roam in dark caves and can kill a man with only their gaze. Dragons - winged, flaming monsters - inhabit the mountains. Of all the creatures that make this universe their home, I have got to say my favorite is the boggart. Get too close to one and you'll see visions of your worst fears coming to light. Sounds like a wonderful security system, does it not?"

6 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

"You'll certainly get that. Earth-HP is home to men thousands of times bigger than you and I, and those aren't even the most formidable beasts around. Basilisks roam in dark caves and can kill a man with only their gaze. Dragons - winged, flaming monsters - inhabit the mountains. Of all the creatures that make this universe their home, I have got to say my favorite is the boggart. Get too close to one and you'll see visions of your worst fears coming to light. Sounds like a wonderful security system, does it not?"

“Worst fears,” Kell said dryly. “Do we even have those?” He shook his head lightly, smirking. “Besides, I said I’m in, didn’t I? You don’t have to convince me, David. My crew can handle itself just fine without me for awhile. Would do them good.

”But what about you?” He added, pouring himself another glass. “Fox have any opinions on this escapade?”

On 1/5/2021 at 5:24 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Worst fears,” Kell said dryly. “Do we even have those?” He shook his head lightly, smirking. “Besides, I said I’m in, didn’t I? You don’t have to convince me, David. My crew can handle itself just fine without me for awhile. Would do them good.

”But what about you?” He added, pouring himself another glass. “Fox have any opinions on this escapade?”

"She thinks it's a wonderful opportunity. She won't be joining us though; we agreed that it would be impractical for a married couple to go to wizard highschool together." Xanatos paused. "Silk should be back from the bathroom by now."

7 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

"She thinks it's a wonderful opportunity. She won't be joining us though; we agreed that it would be impractical for a married couple to go to wizard highschool together." Xanatos paused. "Silk should be back from the bathroom by now."

“Velvet mentioned wanting to tell him goodbye.” Kelsier smirked. “I got the feeling farewells could take awhile.”

Silk strode through the doors into his sitting room rubbing this hands on a small hand-towl as they were still wet from his trip to the bathroom.  "My friends" he said, gesturing welcomely to Kelsier and David "I see you have located my vintage. Suppose it serves me right for taking so long to join you." He walked over to the crystal cabinet and took out a glass for himself, then held it out for Kelsier to fill. "So, my chaos ridden allies, where shall we begin?"

6 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Silk strode through the doors into his sitting room rubbing this hands on a small hand-towl as they were still wet from his trip to the bathroom.  "My friends" he said, gesturing welcomely to Kelsier and David "I see you have located my vintage. Suppose it serves me right for taking so long to join you." He walked over to the crystal cabinet and took out a glass for himself, then held it out for Kelsier to fill. "So, my chaos ridden allies, where shall we begin?"

Kelsier laughed, handing him the bottle. “Serve yourself, Silk - serves you right for making us wait. And David here has decided we’re visiting World-HP - he’s after immortality again, in case you were wondering.”