Hello from Canada

mcdcurtis

Hey guys, got into Sanderson this summer with Mistborn and I've now read everything published except the Novella's (arcanum unbounded arrives in the post tomorrow :)) and White Sand (currently reading).  It's neat to see an active community over something that I really love as I have no friends close to me that also enjoy Sanderson's work.  My favorite book so far is probably Final Empire or Hero of Ages, but honestly almost everything has been a 9 or 10/10 so it's tough to decide.

idk I guess demographic info is the only other stuff I can think put in here I'm a 22 year old Music Education major in Canada and I use he/him pronouns :)

Feel free to say hi or ask questions below I'd love to get more ~into~ the forums and community at large!

13 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Hello!!! Welcome to the Shard. Who's your favourite character? and what instrument are you most proficient at? 

also I love your profile picture, I want to cuddle it :P.

Hello there, I'm a saxophonist!!

The PFP is from the Motivational lizard video, I think someone like Kaladin would really benefit from seeing that video.

7 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Welcome to the Shard, @mcdcurtis! Yeah, the Shard is pretty cool. ^_^ 
What’s your favorite cosmere book?

Hard to say, I wanna say Final Empire because it was my first read and really hooked me.  Rhythm of War gets points as well for it being the first book I got to see through release and read with the fandom which was a really fun experience to have.

3 minutes ago, mcdcurtis said:

Hard to say, I wanna say Final Empire because it was my first read and really hooked me.  Rhythm of War gets points as well for it being the first book I got to see through release and read with the fandom which was a really fun experience to have.

Yeah, same for the Rhythm of War thing. Final Empire is great, too. :)

(also, heads up, try not to post multiple times in a row, you can just click multiple quote buttons at once to multi-quote. Thanks!) 

3 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yeah, same for the Rhythm of War thing. Final Empire is great, too. :)

(also, heads up, try not to post multiple times in a row, you can just click multiple quote buttons at once to multi-quote. Thanks!) 

Noted for future use, I haven't had to use proper forums in a long time so I'll have to get used to the mechanics again. 

40 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Welcome to the Shard!

Thank you kind stranger!

14 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

That’s not any stranger. That’s. . . Ene. 
The kindest stranger you’ll ever meet. 

Oh my, thank you kindly Ene!

11 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard! Have you taken the official Knights Radiant quiz? Which Order did you get? 

I had to retake it because it's been a while since I've done it.  65% Truthwatcher 55% Elsecaller

15 hours ago, StanLemon said:

Welcome! Any worlds, characters, or magics that you have a special fondness for?

I don't know if it's cheating but my favourite "world" is definitely the Cognitive realm.  I just think it's really cool how all the other worlds are represented and how it morphs and changes for each world. My favourite characters are probably Jasnah, Kaladin, and Elend.  Finally for magics, I think Awakening is one of the coolest magic systems I've read and has a lot of unexplored potential.

14 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

That’s not any stranger. That’s. . . Ene. 
The kindest stranger you’ll ever meet. 

That is exactly why I wonder (sorry for interrupting your introduction, @mcdcurtis) why people call her intimidating.

Welcome to the shard, mcdcurtis! Hope you'll have a good time here.