4 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Anyone else like ‘em? Or am I alone?

I think a better question would be about who doesn't like donuts. Donuts are amazing and I love them. The only person I know who doesn't like them is my sister, but her opinions about food can't really be trusted that much. 

5 hours ago, Flying said:

I think a better question would be about who doesn't like donuts. Donuts are amazing and I love them. The only person I know who doesn't like them is my sister, but her opinions about food can't really be trusted that much. 

Yay! We have two people! Yes, that should be the question. :P 
My father loves donuts. I mean, they’re his favorite treat. But he doesn’t have them a lot, as he tries to stay healthy. He’ll get like a box of donuts every three weeks. So, that’s good. 

4 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yay! We have two people! Yes, that should be the question. :P 
My father loves donuts. I mean, they’re his favorite treat. But he doesn’t have them a lot, as he tries to stay healthy. He’ll get like a box of donuts every three weeks. So, that’s good. 

My dad is a teacher at the school I go to, and he used to buy a box of donuts for his class once a week. I was never actually in his class, but I always got to pick a donut anyways. I'm honestly hoping that once quarantine ends my dad will start buying donuts for his classes again :P

4 hours ago, Flying said:

My dad is a teacher at the school I go to, and he used to buy a box of donuts for his class once a week. I was never actually in his class, but I always got to pick a donut anyways. I'm honestly hoping that once quarantine ends my dad will start buying donuts for his classes again :P

Oh, that’s awesome! My dad is also a teacher. Hehe. :)

3 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

I like doughnuts. Whenever it was someone in my homerooms birthday, someone would always buy a box of doughnuts!

Do you guys prefer the stuffed doughnuts or the ones with a hole? 

The ones with holes on the middle. My favorite is just the plain donut with chocolate icing on top. Mmmmm. My brother and sister like the chocolate glazed, with the chocolate icing, with chocolate sprinkles. Hehe. 

21 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Oh, that’s awesome! My dad is also a teacher. Hehe. :)

My dad used to be a teacher. Then he quit teaching. 

21 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

The ones with holes on the middle. My favorite is just the plain donut with chocolate icing on top. Mmmmm. My brother and sister like the chocolate glazed, with the chocolate icing, with chocolate sprinkles. Hehe. 

I mostly eat jam doughnuts. But the one doughnut to rule them all is:

Spoiler

Dinosaur shaped with green icing and rainbow sprinkles. 

10 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

My dad used to be a teacher. Then he quit teaching. 

I mostly eat jam doughnuts. But the one doughnut to rule them all is:

Hide contents

Dinosaur shaped with green icing and rainbow sprinkles. 

And when I saw that, I knew we were destined to be friends. 

2 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

And when I saw that, I knew we were destined to be friends. 

I don't know why, but this comment literally just made my day. Someone who properly appreciates dinosaur shaped doughnuts are harder to come by then you may first think. I have gotton many a judmental look from the Donut King worker when I ask for a dinosaur doughnut. But now, I have a buddy whom I can express my love for dinosaur doughnuts with green icing and rainbow sprinkles to. XD

Now I really feel like a doughnut because I haven't had for a while. 

1 minute ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

I haven’t had donuts in sooooo long. I don’t know why, just we stopped getting them. :(

I know, I stopped buying them a few years because I needed my money for other stuff. Then I stopped getting them from school because of COVID.  But even thiugh COVID has settled down in my country, I still haven't haven't  had any doughnuts recently. 

Just now, Lecky Twig said:

I know, I stopped buying them a few years because I needed my money for other stuff. Then I stopped getting them from school because of COVID.  But even thiugh COVID has settled down in my country, I still haven't haven't  had any doughnuts recently. 

:( 

I feel you, I feel you. 

1 hour ago, Lecky Twig said:

I don't know why, but this comment literally just made my day. Someone who properly appreciates dinosaur shaped doughnuts are harder to come by then you may first think. I have gotton many a judmental look from the Donut King worker when I ask for a dinosaur doughnut. But now, I have a buddy whom I can express my love for dinosaur doughnuts with green icing and rainbow sprinkles to. XD

Now I really feel like a doughnut because I haven't had for a while. 

I didn't know dinosaur donuts existed... Now I really want one, because that sounds amazing. It's like dinosaur chicken nuggets except better. 

1 hour ago, Flying said:

I didn't know dinosaur donuts existed... Now I really want one, because that sounds amazing. It's like dinosaur chicken nuggets except better. 

They. Are. Amazing. I would write a ballad to the dinosaur doughnut, but I'm a terrible poet, so maybe I'll just write an exposition expressing the superiority of dinosaur shaped doughnuts. 

Spoiler

and thanks for not disputing my spelling of doughnut. 

40 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

They. Are. Amazing. I would write a ballad to the dinosaur doughnut, but I'm a terrible poet, so maybe I'll just write an exposition expressing the superiority of dinosaur shaped doughnuts. 

Hide contents

and thanks for not disputing my spelling of doughnut. 

I honestly want to see dinosaur donut poetry now... I'd write some, but I've never had one :(

21 minutes ago, Flying said:

I honestly want to see dinosaur donut poetry now... I'd write some, but I've never had one :(

You can write about that emptiness in your life waiting to be filled with a dinosaur doughnut.

I'll write one eventually, but at present my writing is too measly and inadequate to properly convey the astounding awesomeness of the mighty dinosaur doughnut.......maybe we could collab. XD 

25 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

You can write about that emptiness in your life waiting to be filled with a dinosaur doughnut.

I'll write one eventually, but at present my writing is too measly and inadequate to properly convey the astounding awesomeness of the mighty dinosaur doughnut.......maybe we could collab. XD 

My writing is also kinda messy, but maybe I could try to write something. No promises though; I have to do some assignments for school and might not have time :P

5 minutes ago, Flying said:

My writing is also kinda messy, but maybe I could try to write something. No promises though; I have to do some assignments for school and might not have time :P

Yeah, this is my last day on the Shard before I'm going away, and then when I come back I may not have as much spare time as I do now......but there will always be time for worshopping  writing about the greatness of doughnuts. 

random stuff like this is what I do in the middle of class so...yay.

11 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Yeah, this is my last day on the Shard before I'm going away, and then when I come back I may not have as much spare time as I do now......but there will always be time for worshopping  writing about the greatness of doughnuts. 

random stuff like this is what I do in the middle of class so...yay.

Online school is actually much better for me because I can write random things and no one will know I'm not paying attention to class. I used to try to write random fantasy stuff in class, but then other students would look over my shoulder and be really concerned when they saw me describing an assassin murdering everyone with a sword. Online school starts again on Monday for me though, and I'm not looking forward to it. 

37 minutes ago, Flying said:

Online school is actually much better for me because I can write random things and no one will know I'm not paying attention to class. I used to try to write random fantasy stuff in class, but then other students would look over my shoulder and be really concerned when they saw me describing an assassin murdering everyone with a sword. Online school starts again on Monday for me though, and I'm not looking forward to it. 

Right, I only had about a term of online school around March last year, so I haven't had to deal with the brunt of isolation related issues (luckily). During online school I did a reread of Oathbringer when I was meant to be doing a history assignment. I don't read so much in normal class, I do whack things on my laptop. Earlier last year I wrote a ballad about a dugong, it had Arial vibes that were a little more mature than a Disney story and had a Dog and Dragon style ending. The teachers have just accepted my oddness because sometimes I laugh at the work when I think it's self-explanatory. When I do this, no-one can work out what I'm laughing so they just think I'm weird. 

I don't write proper fantasy in class because I'll get too invested into the story and forget to pay attention to the important bits taught. Good luck for Monday XD. 

13 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Right, I only had about a term of online school around March last year, so I haven't had to deal with the brunt of isolation related issues (luckily). During online school I did a reread of Oathbringer when I was meant to be doing a history assignment. I don't read so much in normal class, I do whack things on my laptop. Earlier last year I wrote a ballad about a dugong, it had Arial vibes that were a little more mature than a Disney story and had a Dog and Dragon style ending. The teachers have just accepted my oddness because sometimes I laugh at the work when I think it's self-explanatory. When I do this, no-one can work out what I'm laughing so they just think I'm weird. 

I don't write proper fantasy in class because I'll get too invested into the story and forget to pay attention to the important bits taught. Good luck for Monday XD. 

I am also writing something similar to the Dog and the Dragon, except halfway through I realized I was telling instead of showing... So, uh, I need to fix that.

I also randomly laugh/smile at things in class, and people probably think I'm insane. Sometimes I'll laugh because a word in the thing we're reading reminds me of a cosmere reference or something. Writing fantasy in class is also really distracting, but one time I accidentally got my friends hyping me up because I wrote a thing in five minutes, and then they got interested in the story and wanted to know what happens...

Anyways, this is the donut thread, so I'm just going to randomly give out donuts now:

Spoiler

donuts.thumb.jpg.4c6f3830105beb59de1c5185dde6ae8a.jpg

My science teacher thinks I'm absolutely insane because I'm always doing one stupid thing or another with the science equipment. I'm also in the habit of singing christian pop songs in the middle of his class. I also like quoting (loudly) picture books in the middle of class. My favourite quotes are "You shall amount to nothing." and "You are heading for failure." I like these because all my friends (I only direct these particular quotes at my very close friends) know I'm just quoting a picture book, but the teachers think I'm being a negative person. 

I read all of Warbreaker in class and I made some pretty spectacular faces from emotionally responding to Sanderson's story. I also like pulling faces, one of my friends has an album of me making weird facial expressions; she prints them out and sticks them on my birthday card. 

thanks for the doughnuts. num num num.

5 minutes ago, FriarFritz said:

I don't like doughnuts :ph34r:

I actually gasped when this appeared at the top of my unread content. 

have you ever tried a dinosaur shaped doughnut with green icing and rainbow sprinkles? :wub: It's life-changing 

Spoiler

woop woop doughnut gang. XD