Hello, I would like to destroy some evil today!

Mardy

Hi! 
Huge cosmere lover here from Sweden. I'm a bit of a Steris, with hmmm, how to put it.. a "mind" eerily similar to Shallan's. Also definitely carry an unhealthy love of Nightblood and Wayne's personality.

I'm so impressed by the little I've checked out on the forum (the interactive map with the timeline for Roshar??) and can't wait to get more involved.

I found the forum through the podcast and love the vibrant discussions and analysis that goes on. The community seems lovely! :)

25 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hi! 
Huge cosmere lover here from Sweden. I'm a bit of a Steris, with hmmm, how to put it.. a "mind" eerily similar to Shallan's. Also definitely carry an unhealthy love of Nightblood and Wayne's personality.

I'm so impressed by the little I've checked out on the forum (the interactive map with the timeline for Roshar??) and can't wait to get more involved.

I found the forum through the podcast and love the vibrant discussions and analysis that goes on. The community seems lovely! :)

Welcome! This is a great place to destroy evil! Which Cosmere novel is your favorite?

12 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Welcome! This is a great place to destroy evil! Which Cosmere novel is your favorite?

As "singular" book out of a series, I'd have to say The Bands of Mourning from Mistborn Era 2! Of the seperate series I'd pick the main Stormlight Archives series for sure. And of the smaller novellas I think I prefer the sixth of dusk, just cause it's so intriguing in many ways. 

tmi? yes, i talk (type?) too much... ^^ ty for the welcome though :)

5 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Welcome to the Shard! No worries, it’s great to talk a lot! :)   
What is your favorite cosmere character?

Thank you! :) It's almost impossible to say right, but I think I have to go with Wayne. His wit, loyalty, kindness and sadness absolutely have me smitten. How about yourself? Who's your favourite? 

31 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Hmmmm. Mine are Hoid and maybe Rock. Wayne is up there too. 
What is your least favorite cosmere character?

Ooh, good choices! And that's a tough one... Tonk Fah from Warbreaker or perhaps Telsin from Mistborn era 2. I struggle to dislike even the characters that i "dislike" hahah but those two are just crem...! Yours?? 

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Ooh, good choices! And that's a tough one... Tonk Fah from Warbreaker or perhaps Telsin from Mistborn era 2. I struggle to dislike even the characters that i "dislike" hahah but those two are just crem...! Yours?? 

Yeah, I’m in the same boat. I don’t really don’t like Sanderson characters, I more kinda don’t like as much, ya know? 
Yeah, I hate Tonk Fah, and also Sadeas is up there for me. 
Have you read any non-Cosmere books?

6 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yeah, I’m in the same boat. I don’t really don’t like Sanderson characters, I more kinda don’t like as much, ya know? 
Yeah, I hate Tonk Fah, and also Sadeas is up there for me. 
Have you read any non-Cosmere books?

Ahhh yesss Sadeas! He deserves a mention too hahah. And yes i’ve read literally anything that Sanderson has written that i could get my hands on! The Reckoners series, The Legion books, the Rithmarist, is novellas: Firstborn, Snapshot and Perfect State. And also Skyward (though i havent read the second book yet). I kinda want to give Alcatraz a shot even though its for a younger audience but i have yet to do so. 

I found Sanderson through Wheel of Time initially and have absolutely loved him as an author ever since! 

Do you have any favourites among his non-cosmere work if you’ve read it? I lovelove Legion and honestly thought that the Rithmatist was very charming as well. 

9 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

Welcome the the Shard!! I too am a Wayne fan. Glad to have another of us aboard!!

Thank you! Yesss Wayne is everything! I day dream far too much about Lopen and Kal somehow meeting Wax and Wayne. The Wayne and Lopen dialogue would be insaaaane and Kal and Wax could have a brooding-stare competition hahah!

21 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Ahhh yesss Sadeas! He deserves a mention too hahah. And yes i’ve read literally anything that Sanderson has written that i could get my hands on! The Reckoners series, The Legion books, the Rithmarist, is novellas: Firstborn, Snapshot and Perfect State. And also Skyward (though i havent read the second book yet). I kinda want to give Alcatraz a shot even though its for a younger audience but i have yet to do so. 

I found Sanderson through Wheel of Time initially and have absolutely loved him as an author ever since! 

Do you have any favourites among his non-cosmere work if you’ve read it? I lovelove Legion and honestly thought that the Rithmatist was very charming as well. 

Give Dreamer a shot, it's really good. Also read Defending Elysium if you haven't yet, it's set in the same universe as Skyward.

Welcome to the Shard! Did you take the official Knights Radiant quiz? What Order did you get? 

17 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Thank you! Yesss Wayne is everything! I day dream far too much about Lopen and Kal somehow meeting Wax and Wayne. The Wayne and Lopen dialogue would be insaaaane and Kal and Wax could have a brooding-stare competition hahah!

:) I'm reading the new novella with Lopen in it and very excited!! I laughed the whole way through his first chapter.

(Heads up! Double posting is against the forum rules, so from now on try to combine responses into one post! (You can quote multiple posts at a time by clicking the + sign at the bottom of any given persons response.)

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Give Dreamer a shot, it's really good. Also read Defending Elysium if you haven't yet, it's set in the same universe as Skyward.

Welcome to the Shard! Did you take the official Knights Radiant quiz? What Order did you get? 

Ooh I was just about to dive into the second book in the skyward series so i’ll def read Defending Elysium first! Thanks for the tip :D

And yes! I took the quiz and was an Elsecaller! How about yourself? 

Just now, Mardy said:

Ooh I was just about to dive into the second book in the skyward series so i’ll def read Defending Elysium first! Thanks for the tip :D

Truthwatcher, with Willshaper and Lightweaver right at the tail

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Truthwatcher, with Willshaper and Lightweaver right at the tail

Ooh interesting turnout! 

9 minutes ago, Lunu’anaki said:

:) I'm reading the new novella with Lopen in it and very excited!! I laughed the whole way through his first chapter.

(Heads up! Double posting is against the forum rules, so from now on try to combine responses into one post! (You can quote multiple posts at a time by clicking the + sign at the bottom of any given persons response.)

Hahah ahh yeh he’s such a delight!

And thanks for the heads up!! I’ll go find the rules section again and read up! Not an experienced forum-user! :S 

7 hours ago, Mardy said:

I absolutely love skyward. It’s my favorite non cosmere. I also love Steelheart, and Alcatraz is good. Ooooh. And Rithmatist. I haven’t read Wheel of Time. Do you recommend it?

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

2 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

I absolutely love skyward. It’s my favorite non cosmere. I also love Steelheart, and Alcatraz is good. Ooooh. And Rithmatist. I haven’t read Wheel of Time. Do you recommend it?

Nice! Yeh there's something about Spensa's introduction when she says something like

Spoiler

"strange young girls grow up to be strange young women"

that felt like a personal attack in the best way hahah. I'm very much looking forward to reading the rest of them. (don't know how careful one should be with spoilers but rather safe than sorry right?)

And I 100% would recommend reading the Wheel of Time. I will say though, it's pace and plot it more classic "high epic fantasy" than Sanderson's approach to fantasy. I read it when i was quite young and it was my very first "epic" fantasy think I'd react if I did a reread now at 26 years old feeling like it's a little... old? in certain ways. But it was the largest world I'd ever experienced in fantasy up until Sanderson's cosmere. I love it to bits, I really do, but it has a different "feel" to is than Sanderson's own work!

6 hours ago, Mardy said:

Nice! Yeh there's something about Spensa's introduction when she says something like

Reveal hidden contents

"strange young girls grow up to be strange young women"

that felt like a personal attack in the best way hahah. I'm very much looking forward to reading the rest of them. (don't know how careful one should be with spoilers but rather safe than sorry right?)

And I 100% would recommend reading the Wheel of Time. I will say though, it's pace and plot it more classic "high epic fantasy" than Sanderson's approach to fantasy. I read it when i was quite young and it was my very first "epic" fantasy think I'd react if I did a reread now at 26 years old feeling like it's a little... old? in certain ways. But it was the largest world I'd ever experienced in fantasy up until Sanderson's cosmere. I love it to bits, I really do, but it has a different "feel" to is than Sanderson's own work!

Yeah, totally! I will definitely check them out. :) I have heard great things about it from many people, so I kinda need to read it. Hehe. What’s your favorite Sanderson novella? 

Welcome to the shard!

16 hours ago, Mardy said:

Yes! Starsight is amazing! Spoilers for first three chapters...

Spoiler

THOUGH WHY DID SPENSA LEAVE DETRITUS? WHY???

That’s amazing! I’m 56% an Elsecaller!

I love Spensa’s personality so much. When she dubbed Jorgen Jerkface...that was amazing.

Just now, midnight13 said:

Welcome to the shard!

Yes! Starsight is amazing! Spoilers for first three chapters...

Reveal hidden contents

THOUGH WHY DID SPENSA LEAVE DETRITUS? WHY???

That’s amazing! I’m 56% an Elsecaller!

I love Spensa’s personality so much. When she dubbed Jorgen Jerkface...that was amazing.

Storms Scud, yes. That is one of my favorite parts. Well. . . Kinda. :P