14 hours ago, AonDii said:

Me as a high school student who only uses money for hardcovers :ph34r:

Me as a middle schooler who only uses money for hardcovers.

Also, I am getting the Way of Kings hardcover next week! Now I will finally complete the set, because I have the other three as hardcovers. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Moderately battered? It's definitely not as bad as my copy of the first Harry Potter book (which I had to replace due to how much it was falling apart), but then again, you can definitely tell my Sanderson books have been read, and read multiple times at that. (Then there is the variety of color coded tabs I've stuck in my Reckoners books due to wanting to remember details for fic writing and/or cosplay purposes.)

My paperback copy of WoR has a broken spine, but I think it was a binding issue or something since I'm careful with my books.  TWoK Prime was probably my biggest mistake: I forgot about the digital copy and got so excited when I received it that I punctured the wrap before it hit me that I didn't need to.  Sad times :rolleyes: TWoK was in good shape, but I ended up giving it to a friend when I got the hardcover.  Now there's a tiny part of me that I have to keep locked away because it does nothing but whisper "if you get another paperback copy, you can keep the hardcover in pristine condition."  Never mind that my OB and RoW show wear.

That said, if all you have is the smaller paperback, you're really missing out on the artwork, especially the... artwork stuck to the inside of the cover.  Endpages, right?

On 1/14/2021 at 2:02 PM, Bearer of all agonies said:

Me as a middle schooler who only uses money for hardcovers.

Also, I am getting the Way of Kings hardcover next week! Now I will finally complete the set, because I have the other three as hardcovers. :)

Yeah, that was my problem, I got TWoK and WoR in paperback, but knew I'd be getting everything from OB on in hardcover, so I had to get the first two in hardcover as well (is it just those of us talking about it, or do readers really tend to have a higher population of people with some level of OCD than most other groups?).

On 3/10/2021 at 6:41 AM, IAmTheStick said:

Almost pristine! Granted, I only own the stormlight books, all in hardcover, and they all have their own shelf because apparently there are gonna be 10 books xD

(They're also my babies)

Just one shelf?  Bruh, between the books, the novellas, and the leatherbounds, I expect I'll need 2, maybe 3, just for the hardcover Cosmere :lol: Of course, I have a vertical bookcase, so the shelves aren't super wide, but I've already got one shelf that might not have enough room for Book 5 + WoR Leatherbound + Kickstarter goodies and it's just Stormlight hardcovers.  On second thought, I doubt I can fit all of Stormlight onto 3 shelves if 5 books + 2 LBs & goodies fills a shelf, because there's no way that the remaining 6 LBs could fit on a shelf.  I guess I'm going to have a full bookcase just for the Cosmere by the time this is done :blink:  Yay for rambling!