Spiritual Realm

The Titan God

Do we have any idea of what the spiritual realm looks like beyond "spiritwebs"?

Because (I don't know why) but I always imagined the spiritual realm as having little gems or orbs for every thing in the cosmere, these little gems or orbs would contain the identity, fortune and intent of everything. The orbs would be surrounded by little threads wrapping around it (investiture) and then some going to wrap around other orbs (connection). I also believed that events that took place in the spiritual realm wrote the destiny of each orb. Obviously, much of this is completely false, I was simply sharing what I imagined the spiritual realm like and asking other people to share what they think it's like.

54 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

Part of me hopes there are life forms in the spiritual realm. 

ive always assumed there was

There is a WoB about The Rithmatist(a series that almost made it into the Cosmere, and has cosmere elements) where Brandon talks about pretty much the same thing you're talking about(spiritual realm entitites) and Brandon mentions that "there are very few things in the Cosmere that exist only on the Spiritual realm"

ive always thought they had to be some kind of entities or something.

If The Rithmatist had made it into the Cosmere, Shadowblazes(that arent in the Cognitive/Physical)would probably fit into that category.

Brandon isnt one to throw away a good idea so im kept something like that canon in the Cosmere

Edited by Eternal Khol

Ever since the scene in which Odium gives Dalinar a glimpse of his 'true form,' I've pictured the spiritual realm as a roiling sea of differently colored investiture. That... doesn't actually correspond to how the spiritual realm works, though, so I like OP's visualization a lot better.

• 4 weeks later...

this sort of discussion reminds me of things like moon signs or zodiac signs ! (if you dont know what is your moon sign this will help) they seem similar to me because in both cases people are trying to relate something they don't understand to something they merely understand ! im not trying to insult anyone ! im just saying why should it matter ?

Edited by rising_suns