Oakenwey: Thorns & Arrows

Zephrun’s Imperium

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Euphony stepped closer. "What's happening?"

Nekri glanced at the new woman and man who’d arrived. They seemed just as curious as Nekri was, which meant they weren’t allies.

“Great,” he said to all of them, turning around. “More people. If this pattern continues, we’ll enough people to make a nation-state by the time sleepy-head over there wakes up.”

He crossed his arms, trying to - despite the lighthearted tone - weigh up each of the newcomers. Sure he was an illusionist, but it still helped to know the weaknesses of your (potential enemies). Subconsciously he stepped closer to the red-skinned man. If there was anyone who’d be able to help him, it’d be him.

He looked back to the new woman. Realising he still looked like Jared, he switched his appearance to something a bit more fitting. Blonde hair, and to be a little interesting he went with green eyes.

I’m over here looking for a bounty,” he told her. “No idea what the rest of you want.”

Edited by I think I am here.

11 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

I literally said his exact power was mind reading. He's just recieving feedback from Rose's emotions because it's hard for him to separate her thoughts from his

Oh. :P Sorry. Poor thing. I think he'll really be able to relate to Rose. So much overloaded information. For him, that's everyone's thoughts. And for Rose, it's over-active, uncontrollable thoughts.

12 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

Natron closed his eyes and relaxed amid the chaos. Then, he reached out with his talent, trying to dream up something to help this woman.

There! Natron pulled forth... a glass of water. Darn. Well he was thirsty, and maybe this would help. “Hey, should I pour this over her head? Will that wake her up?”

2 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

There! Natron pulled forth... a glass of water. Darn. Well he was thirsty, and maybe this would help. “Hey, should I pour this over her head? Will that wake her up?”

“You can try,” Nekri said, mainly because he wanted to see how the man protecting her would react. Something about the way the woman had collapsed made it seem like it was something beyond a simple black out.

15 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"A bounty? For whom?"

He turned to the woman and raised an eyebrow.

“A bounty? For whom?” He said back to her derisively, changing his voice to mimic hers exactly. It was always fun to see how people would react to their own voice spoken back to them, especially from a body that didn’t match.

“That’s the thing I’m looking for,” he said with a grin, still using her voice. “I’m looking for someone to give me a bounty. So I can do it. And make a little coin.”

7 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

"Don't pour it on her, but she does seem somewhat dehydrated. Your mind is interesting."

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Wouldn't it be easier to find a bounty in... someplace else?" This was typical of humans.

Nekri cocked his head to the side.

“Maybe. But in my book, when you see an opportunity...”

He nodded to the top hat man and the unconscious woman, still on the horse.

“...you take it. I think that’s something you can understand?”

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"What opportunity do you see here?"

Nekri opened his mouth, ready to explain, then snapped it shut again. He narrowed his eyes at the woman.

“You sure ask a lot of questions, don’t you?”

He tilted his head and changed his appearance to match hers as well.

“Most people run when they see a situation way above their scope.”

2 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

“Thank you!” Natron carefully tipped up the girl’s head and slowly poured the water into her lips.

Rose drank the water - some of it dribbling down her chin - but she did not wake. Her trembling, however, had all but ceased. 

Y'all are crowding Rose... :unsure: Maybe we should start a second, separate vein of plot? 

3 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Y'all are crowding Rose... :unsure: Maybe we should start a second, separate vein of plot? 

Was just thinking that. Having eight nine wildly different people, not all bounty hunters, chasing after somebody’s ex sounds like a plot for a sitcom :P 

Edited by I think I am here.
I’d watch it tho...

4 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Natron walked down the cobbled street of the small town. This place seemed very advanced! No elevators or librarian technology of any kind. A good, upstanding civilization. Maybe he was still in the free kingdoms

*is Alcatraz’s evil brother*
*power is to fix things*

“Ok. So if I’m going to help you on this bounty, I’m going to need to know some things. How dangerous will it be? And how much will I get paid?” 
Topien looks at Jahora. 

16 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Nekri opened his mouth, ready to explain, then snapped it shut again. He narrowed his eyes at the woman.

“You sure ask a lot of questions, don’t you?”

He tilted his head and changed his appearance to match hers as well.

“Most people run when they see a situation way above their scope.”

Would they? Euphony couldn't be sure. She felt like she could help here, though, so she stayed. Though the shape-changer was unnerving. "And how do you know this is beyond my scope? While I don't hunt bounties, that woman obviously needs help."

Jahora looked around the stable where had all these people come from "I think Rose needs less of a crowd, so you and you" he said pointing to Kess and Kieran "can come along with us to my place. You can come too if you think you can actually help her" he continued, pointing to Euphony. "I think it would be best for Rose if the rest of you just buggered off and got on with your lives."

On 6 January 2021 at 2:20 PM, Bearer of all agonies said:

“Ok. So if I’m going to help you on this bounty, I’m going to need to know some things. How dangerous will it be? And how much will I get paid?” 
Topien looks at Jahora. 

"And this bounty hunt is for Rose, I sort her out for a reason. Plus, I think she'll need work when she wakes up, I'm sorry guys, but I don't want you putting her out of business by killing her targets."

He then dug out a business card and held it out "If you guys are looking for work, then this guy may have something for you. He's another local informant, we're quite good friends so I'll probably find out one way or another if you decide to swing by his place.

He jumped onto the horse and balanced Rose against his body "I can fit another person on this horse, the other two of you will have to nab one of the others if you didn't bring your own." he said to the people he had invited to his place. "We should get out of here, come on."

Have we sorted out a substantial sub-plot yet. We should really get one together quickly because I feel like I just put a lot of characters out of the picture, but the plot needed to be pushed forward.