Oakenwey: Thorns & Arrows

Zephrun’s Imperium

Character:

Spoiler

Name: Natron Smedry

Skills: Close up magic. Natron has the Talent of Daydreaming. He can dream himself into other situations or locations, even pulling himself into other realities or pulling things from other realities to himself. However, for reasons I can’t get into without Alcatraz spoilers, his talent is malfunctioning and unpredictable when he tries to summon anything too big. He can also accidentally summon things if he lets his mind wander.

Personality: In order to use his talent, Natron has to be relaxed, and he’s become a master of going with the flow. Any Smedry is known for being unpredictable, but Natron can be laid back with his head in the clouds in the middle of falling to his death in a moat of laser sharks. He is also a good people person, being a magician, and quite the showman if he wants to be. His primary flaw is his lack of planning. It’s the Smadry way to improvise, and Natron is a master of purposefully not planning.

Appearance: Natron is a middle-aged man with a heavyset build. He wears the traditional free kingdoms tunic, but with exponentially more pockets for props.

Backstory: Not very interesting. Natron is the typical Smedry: raised as a scholar to fight the Evil Liebrarians and to use his talent for good. He spent much of his time in Inner Libraria as a spy, due to his talent being perfect for getting out of trouble.

The beach chair was soft under Natron’s back as he reclined in the noonday sun. He let out a contented sigh, closing his eyes and relaxing.

Big mistake. Natron opened his eyes to a different sun shining above. Hmm. I seem to have done it again. Calmly, Natron closed his eyes once more, absentmindedly wondering where he had ended up this time and trying to daydream himself back to the free kingdoms.

Nothing happened, and Natron opened his eye once more, sighing. Well, no time like the present to see what this place was. Natron sat up, casually reaching and stretching his hands toward the sun, fingers cracking as he yawned. His chair had come with him, this time. Convenient, that. Last time he had accidentally transported himself his bed hadn’t come transported, too. That had been rather annoying.

Natron started walking, leaving his plastic beach chair laying in the dirt behind him, absentmindedly rolling a coin over knuckles. There seemed to be a town up ahead. Best to see what that was all about.

On 03/01/2021 at 11:25 AM, Bearer of all agonies said:

Topien nods, indicating they should follow the group.

Right. Let’s do that, then, Nekri said, downing his fruit juice and running to the front door just in time to spot the top hat man leaving with the girl on horseback. Odd, indeed. He’d thought it was a bounty, but what informant carried their bounty Hunter of the collapsed? And who was the bounty hunter, exactly? The woman? Nekri found that hard to believe, somehow.

“Hey!” He called back to the red-skinned man and the man with the picture, changing his voice slightly. Replicating the picture-man’s voice exactly had been tiring, somehow. “You coming?”

They needed to follow the top hat man. That meant a horse, somehow. “Any of you got a way we can follow them?”

@xinoehp512 @Bearer of all agonies

Hey @Condensation and @JesterLavorre, if you want a point your characters can enter, they can intercept Nekri and co. just as they’re leaving the tavern :)

Edited by I think I am here.

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Right. Let’s do that, then, Nekri said, downing his fruit juice and running to the front door just in time to spot the top hat man leaving with the girl on horseback. Odd, indeed. He’d thought it was a bounty, but what informant carried their bounty Hunter of the collapsed? And who was the bounty hunter, exactly? The woman? Nekri found that hard to believe, somehow.

“Hey!” He called back to the red-skinned man and the man with the picture, changing his voice slightly. Replicating the picture-man’s voice exactly had been tiring, somehow. “You coming?”

They needed to follow the top hat man. That meant a horse, somehow. “Any of you got a way we can follow them?”

@xinoehp512 @Bearer of all agonies

“No. I can run after them, but. . . I’ll soon tire. We need a horse. But I don’t see any around here.”

1 hour ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

“No. I can run after them, but. . . I’ll soon tire. We need a horse. But I don’t see any around here.”

Run after people on horseback?

Nekri shot a side-glance at the red-skinned man. Maybe it was a wild idea, or maybe Nekri had underestimated the man’s physicality. Anyone who felt confident in themselves to chase after a horse had some serious strength and stamina... or a seriously overinflated ego. But the red-skinned man didn’t seem the boastful type.

“You have an idea, then?” He asked to the man with the picture, turning to face him.

@xinoehp512

Whoops. Forgot that Rose and co. haven’t actually left on horseback yet, they’re still at the stables. Thanks Xino :) 

Nekri nodded at the man with the picture - the man who’s face he still wore - and followed the red-skinned man, passing the side of the tavern and emerging just in time to spot Rose in a horse and the top hat man conversing with a few other people like a child and a woman.

“There you are! Nekri said, his arms extended. Finally. They’d caught up. Nekri would have to thank that picture man for suggesting the stables.

“We thought you were just about to leave. Is there a bounty or something? Because I’m in!”

He pumped a fist in the air.

@Shard of Thought @Lecky Twig @Fallapede @AmazingGoob

Natron walked down the cobbled street of the small town. This place seemed very advanced! No elevators or librarian technology of any kind. A good, upstanding civilization. Maybe he was still in the free kingdoms.

A pair of people quickly rushed out from a tavern down the street and ran behind to the stables. What was that? Was something going on? Natron was loath to miss some action. He hurried his pace, rounding the corner to the stables to see four people, one unconscious, talking about... bounties? Why, this was quite interesting! He hoped the gal laid out on the horse was okay, though. He decided to ask. “Why ‘ello dear bounty hunters, what would be the fuss here? And is that poor woman okay? Oh, and if you wouldn’t mind, where in the name of Alcatraz the First am I?”

Jester, I'm going to follow you. :)

Euphony had noticed this man going the same way as her and kept her eye on him. She was beginning to think he was avoiding attention too, but she was pretty sure he wasn't a soul. She couldn't see the silver sheen behind his eyes when he turned around. She was about to go up to ask him, but then he rushed behind a tavern. Nasty places, those, but her attention had been piqued. She followed him back there and took in the bizarre scene.

2 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Natron walked down the cobbled street of the small town. This place seemed very advanced! No elevators or librarian technology of any kind. A good, upstanding civilization. Maybe he was still in the free kingdoms.

A pair of people quickly rushed out from a tavern down the street and ran behind to the stables. What was that? Was something going on? Natron was loath to miss some action. He hurried his pace, rounding the corner to the stables to see four people, one unconscious, talking about... bounties? Why, this was quite interesting! He hoped the gal laid out on the horse was okay, though. He decided to ask. “Why ‘ello dear bounty hunters, what would be the fuss here? And is that poor woman okay? Oh, and if you wouldn’t mind, where in the name of Alcatraz the First am I?”

"Uh... I think she's okay. Who on earth is Alcatraz? And who are you?"

2 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Uh... I think she's okay. Who on earth is Alcatraz? And who are you?"

Natron takes a bow. “Why, I am Natron Amphisbaena Smedry, at your service. Have you really never heard of Alcatraz?” Then, he quickly took in the unconscious girl. “Are you sure she’s okay, lad? She doesn’t look well.”

1 minute ago, JesterLavorre said:

Natron takes a bow. “Why, I am Natron Amphisbaena Smedry, at your service. Have you really never heard of Alcatraz?” Then, he quickly took in the unconscious girl. “Are you sure she’s okay, lad? She doesn’t look well.”

"Huh. That's an odd name." She looks back at Rose. "Ah... I don't know if she's okay. Now that I look, I'm learning towards no."