Oakenwey: Thorns & Arrows

Zephrun’s Imperium

45 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

There was no change in Rose's physical state, except that her shaking got worse. Much worse. She spasmed, tears running down her cheeks. After a few moments of sporadic movement, the trembling lessened and she whimpered. Her eyes fluttered under their lids. 

Jahora looked sympathetically and his eyes loosened in compashion at Roses' body on the ground now what was that all about he'd have to do something about her outbursts going foward, she is clearly not okay. He put the hidden to hat on his head then leant down to pick up her limp body. Then he walked out the tavern door, inviting Kess to follow "I'm sure she was just caught up in the moment, but if she's going to be this unpredictable all the time then we really could use a proper fighter." @AmazingGoob

He felt dirt around the town this should have enough of the right minerals in it for me to activate.

What sort of technology to we have. Horses or cars? 

26 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Is she okay? Do I need to get some green?"

"No Kess, she is clearly not okay. Get some green if you think that will help, then meet us in the stables. My shop is in the city slums, if you take too long we'll leave without you." Why am I suddenly in such a bad mood, Roses outburst must had messed with his emotions; it was just so unexpected, and it stired an old memory that he swiftly pushed back to the forgetton part of his brain. Bounty hunters were usually so sure of themselves, they usually had more confidence. 

'the boy..... the glass...it's all changing' Jahora looked down at the limp, muttering body. Questions and curiosity flooded his mind. Who are you? Where have you come from? Why are you so put off by magic? 

When he arrived at the stables, he lay her on a pile of hay to ready his horse. When he was done, he picked her up, swung her up onto the horse and sat her infront of him to keep her balanced. Then he sat and waited for Kess to catch up. 

AGH I SHIP JAHORA AND ROSE SO MUCH ALREADY. :lol: I know it's not good practice to ship the main character with the first person they have chemistry with, and I know they've only known each other for, like, 10 minutes, but.... :wub: It's so cute. I'm totally drawing them eventually. Also, I can't wait for Jahora to realize that she's as powerful as she is. Sometimes the timid ones are the most dangerous. 

30 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"No Kess, she is clearly not okay. Get some green if you think that will help, then meet us in the stables. My shop is in the city slums, if you take too long we'll leave without you." Why am I suddenly in such a bad mood, Roses outburst must had messed with his emotions; it was just so unexpected, and it stired an old memory that he swiftly pushed back to the forgetton part of his brain. Bounty hunters were usually so sure of themselves, they usually had more confidence. 

'the boy..... the glass...it's all changing' Jahora looked down at the limp, muttering body. Questions and curiosity flooded his mind. Who are you? Where have you come from? Why are you so put off by magic? 

When he arrived at the stables, he lay her on a pile of hay to ready his horse. When he was done, he picked her up, swung her up onto the horse and sat her infront of him to keep her balanced. Then he sat and waited for Kess to catch up. 

Wait, so are you just grabbing her out of Kieran's arms?

20 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

Wait, so are you just grabbing her out of Kieran's arms?

Yes, I should have written it better, and I'm sorry if I accidentally discredited Kieran, but here is the scene from Jahora's perspective. 

-Jahora stilled Rose's trmling hand and gained some amount of affecrion for her. 

- Kieran tells Rose (quite bluntly) "your making my head hurt." 

-to Jahora, this seems to be a large part of why Rose collapses, so he feels entitled to take Rose away from the boy and continue on with their plan of leaving the tavern. 

-Jahora didnt hear Kieran's nice whispers because he was too far away. 

Jahora actually scooped up Rose in my last post before the one you quoted. Maybe you could use Jahora stealing Rose from Kieran as a point of conflict. I agree that Rose and Kieran should develop a strong relationship, but it seems Kieran and Jahora's relationship has had a rocky start. 

Edited by Lecky Twig

3 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

There was no change in Rose's physical state, except that her shaking got worse. Much worse. She spasmed, tears running down her cheeks. After a few moments of sporadic movement, the trembling lessened and she whimpered. Her eyes fluttered under their lids.

And then she died.  

Alright. Time to make a new character.

Topien tenses as Rose falls to the ground. He steps forward, about to help her, but then he stops. He doesn’t want to be involved with this type of people. He looked up, meeting Jahora’s eyes. 

2 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

"But... what? Is this a normal thing? Why are you so calm? Here, just-" but he just walked away. 
She follows, pulling a piece of green cloth. She creates a small green spine about the size of her pointer finger, the color draining out of a small piece of the cloth about the same size as the spine. Once they reach the stable and Rose is set down, Kess kneels and plunges the spine into her arm. At that moment, every scratch, bruise, or other injury heals- but Rose doesn't wake up, and only about half of the spine goes clear. She curses, saying "It's not physical in any way. That would of done it."

"Shaking her around like that is only going to make things worse," Kieran calls, panting as he tries to follow after the much taller adults. "It's obvious you two don't know what you're doing. Now give me some space." He gestures vaguely to the others, and sits down to hold Rose's hand, sharing her pain and speaking to her quietly. "She doesn't look like she's waking up soon, so whatever you were doing can wait. Don't you know it's bad to move a patient?"

7 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"Shaking her around like that is only going to make things worse," Kieran calls, panting as he tries to follow after the much taller adults. "It's obvious you two don't know what you're doing. Now give me some space." He gestures vaguely to the others, and sits down to hold Rose's hand, sharing her pain and speaking to her quietly. "She doesn't look like she's waking up soon, so whatever you were doing can wait. Don't you know it's bad to move a patient?"

I think Kieran should be more like 12. 8 is... exceptionally young.

Edited by Shard of Thought

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jared jumped slightly, eyes widening in shock for a brief moment before realization struck.

That's none of your business,he responded coldly.

Nekri laughed at the man’s startled expression. Usually he’d never give up his cover, but messing with random tavern-dwellers was another matter. What would they do, track it back to him? Nekri stood, breathing out and changing his illusion to replicate the image of the man in front of him perfectly.

None of your business, he said mockingly to the man, changing his voice to match now that he heard it once. He winked.

Some commotion happened behind them and Nekri turned. The young woman was on the floor, there was a fourth associate, a young child, and the top hat man was carrying her out of the tavern.

I’m sorry, he said to the man with the picture, still using his voice.

But I’ve got better things to do. Bounties to chase.

He turned to the red-skinned man who’d already stood up.

Hey, fighter-type, he said. If we don’t follow, they’ll be gone forever. Whatd’ya say?

@Bearer of all agonies

Edited by I think I am here.
(Had to make a new post to get that awesome white-on-black formatting :P)

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Nekri laughed at the man’s startled expression. Usually he’d never give up his cover, but messing with random tavern-dwellers was another matter. What would they do, track it back to him? Nekri stood, breathing out and changing his illusion to replicate the image of the man in front of him perfectly.

None of your business, he said mockingly to the man, changing his voice to match now that he heard it once. He winked.

Some commotion happened behind them and Nekri turned. The young woman was on the floor, there was a fourth associate, a young child, and the top hat man was carrying her out of the tavern.

I’m sorry, he said to the man with the picture, still using his voice.

But I’ve got better things to do. Bounties to chase.

He turned to the red-skinned man who’d already stood up.

Hey, fighter-type, he said. If we don’t follow, they’ll be gone forever. Whatd’ya say?

@Bearer of all agonies

Oh, he was actually speaking with Silence? That should be impossible, Jared will be interested in that. :D

Jared's eyes narrowed. A Silence speaker? There were only a few reasons he could think of for why one such would be here, and none of them were good. Through narrowed eyes he watched the man stand up, resolving to follow him and see what he was up to. Maybe this tavern wouldn't be a dead end after all.

28 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Oh, he was actually speaking with Silence? That should be impossible, Jared will be interested in that. :D

Uh... yes. A silence speaker.

Spoiler

:ph34r:

Spoiler

Going to be real, I have no idea what a silence speaker is or what it means to speak with silence :P from my cursory searches it’s something about the cessation of idea transferral? I just saw the neat white-on-black dialogue and thought Nekri would be imitating that too if he was making an illusion. Maybe he’s doing the silence thing accidentally? :P no clue, don’t want to disrupt any canon.

Edited by I think I am here.