Oakenwey: Thorns & Arrows

Zephrun’s Imperium

• 4 months later...

Let's give this another go.

Kieran cautiously followed after the trail of Rose's thoughts. Even from this far away, he could still faintly pick up on her anguish. Her thoughts were louder, somehow. He doubted it would be a pleasant experience when he found her, but clearly she needed whatever help he could offer.

• 2 months later...
On 17/04/2021 at 6:08 AM, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"No," she sobbed. "I just... I just..." I'm tired, she thought, unwilling to say it aloud. Though she longed to be able to trust him more than she did, she just... couldn't. Rose curled up into a ball on the gravel.

"Hey, I know you've been through some messed up stuff, and I know we haven't been getting along, but that doesn't mean I think your a bad person. You are not the villain in this story, Rose. You must never think that." He looked at the pathetic, wet heap of tear-stained flesh in front of him. "You've suffered long enough. Don't you think it's time to stand up? I'll wait as long as it takes for you to calm down, I'll wait for you. But when your ready, we've got work to do." 

It was something her father would have said to her... Rose could picture him there. Waiting as Jahora was, ever-hopeful and loving. He would scoop her into his arms, his little Rosebud, and hold her through her nightmares. All her troubles would scramble at the sight of his muscular form and she... she would just lay there. Protected. 

"What will we do," she said, "if I get up?"

"What will we do, you ask?" A shadow fell over his face turning his vibrant blue eyes into murky navy pools swirling with unanswered vengeance. "We find Selene." His hands curled into a tight fist making the cold metal rings, that were buzzing with power, dig deep into his palms "We find Selene, and we kill her." 

"It's just something I've always been aware of. I'm not sure how I might practice it. I've tried shutting the voices out before but the level of focus required means I can't do anything else. I don't think it would work for her anyways. She's louder somehow. Perhaps there's simply a technique I'm missing, however."