A Begger from Scadrial

Hiya everybody, I've got a nice theory for ya today.

Spoilers ahead for Secret History and Mistborn Era 1.

Chapter 8, Epigraph, Final Empire:

"He shall defend their ways, yet shall violate them. He will be their savior, yet they shall call him heretic. His name will be Discord, and they shall love him for it"

So there was a WoB on Discord.

Bands of Mourning release party (Jan. 25, 2016)

Questioner

Last time you said that his name, if it wasn’t Harmony, it would be something else. Is it Discord?

Brandon Sanderson

This is relevant.

Questioner

It is relevant?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Now this actively sounded odd to me. "It is relevant" instead of an outright Yes or No or RAFO? There is always another secret ey?

Secret History, Chapter 8:

"Kelsier smiled, knowing that at long last it was finished. In a rush, the mists swirled in twin columns, impossibly high. The powers had been released. They quivered, uncertain, like a storm brewing.

Nobody is holding them. . . .

Kelsier reached out, timid, trembling. He could . . .

Elend Venture’s spirit stumbled into the Cognitive Realm beside him, tripping and collapsing to the ground. He groaned, and Kelsier grinned at him."

My personal theory is that if Elend died in WoA, Kelsier would have taken up the Shards, Preservation and Ruin but because he was more attuned to Ruin, he would become Discord.

Am I overthinking it? 

I dunno just my personal theory that I want you guys to run through the mill. :)

1 hour ago, A Begger from Scadrial said:

Hiya everybody, I've got a nice theory for ya today.

Spoilers ahead for Secret History and Mistborn Era 1.

Chapter 8, Epigraph, Final Empire:

"He shall defend their ways, yet shall violate them. He will be their savior, yet they shall call him heretic. His name will be Discord, and they shall love him for it"

So there was a WoB on Discord.

Bands of Mourning release party (Jan. 25, 2016)

Questioner

Last time you said that his name, if it wasn’t Harmony, it would be something else. Is it Discord?

Brandon Sanderson

This is relevant.

Questioner

It is relevant?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Now this actively sounded odd to me. "It is relevant" instead of an outright Yes or No or RAFO? There is always another secret ey?

Secret History, Chapter 8:

"Kelsier smiled, knowing that at long last it was finished. In a rush, the mists swirled in twin columns, impossibly high. The powers had been released. They quivered, uncertain, like a storm brewing.

Nobody is holding them. . . .

Kelsier reached out, timid, trembling. He could . . .

Elend Venture’s spirit stumbled into the Cognitive Realm beside him, tripping and collapsing to the ground. He groaned, and Kelsier grinned at him."

My personal theory is that if Elend died in WoA, Kelsier would have taken up the Shards, Preservation and Ruin but because he was more attuned to Ruin, he would become Discord.

Am I overthinking it? 

I dunno just my personal theory that I want you guys to run through the mill. :)

Kell would totally have been Discord. He already is, lol!

• 2 weeks later...