If Kelsier was Radiant, which order would he be?

Yvainnie

8 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

I COULD see him being an Elsecaller.

I mean, Soulcasting metals would be super handy.

Per the quiz he’d be a pretty bad Elsecaller, which makes sense. I don’t think Kelsier has heard of logic.

6 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Handy certainly, but I dont think he matches the ideals well.

I dont think he'd make a great Radient at all, but if I had to pick I'd go Dustbringer.

The quiz puts that at third. Kell could do with mastering himself, so it would be a good order for him to be in. But I don’t think it’s an order he would normally end up in.

Willshaper and Lightweaver are where he gets the highest marks, which makes sense.

Willshapers tend to be explorers and free spirits. They also tend to the flamboyant. Kelsier loves to learn new things, traveled widely, and is extremely autonomous. He hates being controlled. And he’s definitely flamboyant, lol!

Lightweavers... Well, they’re the natural home for a conman. And at his core that’s exactly what Kelsier is.

Not to mention, he only really drops his mask four times throughout Mistborn. Once when Marsh dies, when he meets Drifter, when he faces Ruin the last time, and when he embraces Vin before she leaves. The truest Kelsier is the one we see smoldering after Marsh’s death. The one he keeps contained, because he knows how dangerous that part of him is.

So the Lightweavers can definitely fit him.

Kelsier: Willshaper or Lightweaver, he's a free spirit and a conman, he was a freedom fighter and sought to change the skaa to be able to see that they could have better things in life and that it was worth fighting for.

Vin: Dustbringer, Elsecaller, Lightweaver or Stoneward, she sought to improve her capabilities, get a handle on her powers, feel human, was unsure about her role & identity, was very stubborn and stood her ground in the face of overwhelming might.

Elend: Truthwatcher, was curious, studious, concerned with how power is exercised by those in power. He could also be a Bondsmith, he could be very charismatic after Tindwyl's training. Elsecallers would welcome him too, I think. Could be a Stoneward as well, like Vin, he was was very stubborn and stood his ground in the face of overwhelming might.

Sazed: Bondsmith, Truthwatcher, Elsecaller, Dustbringer, Edgedancer, could guide people very well, sought self-control and fulfillment, was a Terris Keeper and tried to distribute hope through lost religions.

Edited by Honorless

Not Skybreaker:D

Kelsier's arc in Secret History was basically him accepting a lot of hard truths about himself. It was a Lightweaver arc, so I guess that one fits well. Also Willshaper, definitely. Brandon has said that it's not uncommon that people could end up in several Orders, so that it depends on which spren gets there first. I guess that could be the case with him.

I think either dustbringer because the Spren would support him or possibly a Bondsmith as he brings certain people together in a similar way Dalinar has (while still facing an opponent). Truthwatcher works too as they can openly kill with little consequence to the first ideal and Kelsier has admitted truths about himself. 

Edited by teknopathetic

22 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

I think either dustbringer because the Spren would support him or possibly a Bondsmith as he brings certain people together in a similar way Dalinar has (while still facing an opponent). Truthwatcher works too as they can openly kill with little consequence to the first ideal and Kelsier has admitted truths about himself. 

Per the KR quiz, Dustbringer is the third possibility for Kell’s Order (behind Willshaper and Lightweaver). He gets negative points for Bondsmith and Truthwatcher (which I didn’t even know was possible until I put him through the quiz.) So I’d say those two are pretty unlikely.

On 31. 12. 2020 at 10:05 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Per the quiz he’d be a pretty bad Elsecaller, which makes sense. I don’t think Kelsier has heard of logic.

The quiz puts that at third. Kell could do with mastering himself, so it would be a good order for him to be in. But I don’t think it’s an order he would normally end up in.

Willshaper and Lightweaver are where he gets the highest marks, which makes sense.

Willshapers tend to be explorers and free spirits. They also tend to the flamboyant. Kelsier loves to learn new things, traveled widely, and is extremely autonomous. He hates being controlled. And he’s definitely flamboyant, lol!

Lightweavers... Well, they’re the natural home for a conman. And at his core that’s exactly what Kelsier is.

Not to mention, he only really drops his mask four times throughout Mistborn. Once when Marsh dies, when he meets Drifter, when he faces Ruin the last time, and when he embraces Vin before she leaves. The truest Kelsier is the one we see smoldering after Marsh’s death. The one he keeps contained, because he knows how dangerous that part of him is.

So the Lightweavers can definitely fit him.

I definitely agree, I just see him as Wilshaper because of his free spirit. That was his most prominent feature through all the book.

But a nice point about him dropping masks. 

Maybe it depends on his inner thoughts on whether freedom is most important or his lies and truths. 

On 31. 12. 2020 at 3:11 PM, Honorless said:

Kelsier: Willshaper or Lightweaver, he's a free spirit and a conman, he was a freedom fighter and sought to change the skaa to be able to see that they could have better things in life and that it was worth fighting for.

Vin: Dustbringer, Elsecaller, Lightweaver or Stoneward, she sought to improve her capabilities, get a handle on her powers, feel human, was unsure about her role & identity, was very stubborn and stood her ground in the face of overwhelming might.

Elend: Truthwatcher, was curious, studious, concerned with how power is exercised by those in power. He could also be a Bondsmith, he could be very charismatic after Tindwyl's training. Elsecallers would welcome him too, I think. Could be a Stoneward as well, like Vin, he was was very stubborn and stood his ground in the face of overwhelming might.

Sazed: Bondsmith, Elsecaller, Dustbringer, Edgedancer, could guide people very well, sought self-control and fulfillment, was a Terris Keeper and tried to distribute hope through lost religions.

Definitely agree with Elend. Good idea there.

Sazed probably fits Elsecaller really well since uniting them was more of his after Mistborn finishing and 

Spoiler

him uniting Shards

but I guess Dalinar also got there in time so I don't know if that counts.

Anyways, his scholarly nature would go well with Elsecaller.

What about Vin? Still quite a lot of options.....She kinda fits for Stoneward as I see her a bit like their Herald, suffering so others don't have to, I don't know ...........

3 hours ago, Yvainnie said:

I definitely agree, I just see him as Wilshaper because of his free spirit. That was his most prominent feature through all the book.

But a nice point about him dropping masks. 

Maybe it depends on his inner thoughts on whether freedom is most important or his lies and truths. 

Definitely agree with Elend. Good idea there.

Sazed probably fits Elsecaller really well since uniting them was more of his after Mistborn finishing and 

Hide contents

him uniting Shards

but I guess Dalinar also got there in time so I don't know if that counts.

Anyways, his scholarly nature would go well with Elsecaller.

What about Vin? Still quite a lot of options.....She kinda fits for Stoneward as I see her a bit like their Herald, suffering so others don't have to, I don't know ...........

Saze probably fits Truthwatcher better. They also tend to be scholars, but aren’t as logical as Elsecallers tend to be.

I agree about Kell being a Willshaper, btw. The quiz put that as his most likely Order. I think it would really come down to which Spren he ran into first, honestly.

45 minutes ago, Elegy said:

Truthwatcher definitely fits Sazed well, but I think that Edgedancer works best. After all, remembering those (religions) that have been forgotten is his whole thing.

Yes and he also could move gracefully.

I am still wondering about Vin. Like what is her main thing? For Kelsier it was freedom, for Sazed to rightly pointed out it was to remember.

But Vin?

Is she more like Stoneward or windrunner? But she was never soldier or even like them. 

She is kind of sneaky like Lightweaver but she was blunt and did not lie. 

Edited by Yvainnie

7 hours ago, Yvainnie said:

Yes and he also could move gracefully.

I am still wondering about Vin. Like what is her main thing? For Kelsier it was freedom, for Sazed to rightly pointed out it was to remember.

But Vin?

Is she more like Stoneward or windrunner? But she was never soldier or even like them. 

She is kind of sneaky like Lightweaver but she was blunt and did not lie. 

Windrunner, I’d think.

40 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Windrunner, I’d think.

She does literally swear the Second Ideal of the Windrunners, protecting those who cannot protect themselves, in her head at some point.
"she could fight, could kill, if it meant protecting those who could not protect themselves"

6 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

She does literally swear the Second Ideal of the Windrunners, protecting those who cannot protect themselves, in her head at some point.
"she could fight, could kill, if it meant protecting those who could not protect themselves"

6 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

That is definitely true that is why it come up to me in the first place but I still have feeling that this:

On 31. 12. 2020 at 3:11 PM, Honorless said:

Vin: Dustbringer, Elsecaller, Lightweaver or Stoneward, she sought to improve her capabilities, get a handle on her powers, feel human, was unsure about her role & identity, was very stubborn and stood her ground in the face of overwhelming might

...makes a lot of sense.

I really can see her as Taln, always picking battles in the worst possible places and besides she literally sacrfice herself. It is shame we don't know any Stoneward ideals.

8 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

That's so cool! When I first saw this thread, I thought that it made sense for Vin (and maybe Kelsier) to be Windrunners based on their desire to protect others. I do think though that all of the points about Kelsier as a character do have me convinced, though. He'd make a good Willshaper or Lightweaver (particularly opposite Hoid in terms of the latter).