The Sibling and the Unmade

paperstones

The Sibling. Is the name we know from The Stormfather, it is unknown what Honor or Cultivation name for them is/was. Cultivation calls The Nightwatcher daughter.

By The Stormfathers words we know that The Sibling is a sibling to the 2 other Bondsmith spren "children" of Honor, Cultivation and for the sibling Honor and Cultivation. 

It is possible that the Unmade are also children of Honor and or Cultivation, though we know that now they are splinters of Odium. (WoB)  They could have been Unmade and corrupted with Odium's investiture. 

I just thought of this idea today as well. I feel like RoW is pointing in this direction, especially with how the Sibling talks about what is happening to it as "unmaking." I wonder if all the unmade are shadow versions of once positive emotions: the Thrill vs Courage, the Heart of the Revel vs Love?

Edited by lizbusby
Spelling

I think the unmade are just spren that have been affected by the surge of transformation powered by voidlight. Some unmade are more powerful spren (The ones that are intelligent), and some are more basic spren (Like the Thrill).

You must move quickly, the Sibling repeated. The Lady of Pains has the Surge of Transformation and dangerous knowledge. She will infuse my entire heart—the pillar—in the proper order, using her Voidlight. In so doing, she would corrupt me and leave me … leave me as one of the Unmade.…

Sanderson, Brandon. Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive) (p. 526). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

I'm also partial to think the unmade are ancient spren maybe of the Dawnsinger Gods, pre Honor and Cultivation.

Edited by Autobrecciation

I think the Unmade are related to why the Spren betrayed the Singers.

Given also that we know Ba-Ado-Mishram was heavily Connected to all of Roshar and her sealing was a big issue for spren and singers alike, my pet theory is she was the spren of Roshar (the continent or the planet). Given that Bondsmith Spren seem to represent big features of the world, I initially thought the Sibling would end up being the Roshar-spren, but if BAM is that deeply Connected, it makes sense why her sealing had so much influence on things.