The Infinitai Axis is a world-creating collaboration.

It goes a little something like this: every participating person creates a world, including a unique magic system. If one wishes, they can include a short story or segment of a longer story when they present this world. Then, all participators will take the presented worlds, and work to alter and explain certain details to tie the worlds into one larger universe, which may then be translated into literary form.

Some Small background:

Spoiler

The core of the Infinitai Axis is based on six Infinitai Essences that define reality. This core is an outpouring of infinite energy that spreads throughout the Axis, frequently labeled magic.

This is all the basis I'm going to give at the moment.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
1 hour ago, Omi the Counselor said:

It goes a little something like this: every participating person creates a world, including a unique magic system. If one wishes, they can include a short story or segment of a longer story when they present this world. Then, all participators will take the presented worlds, and work to alter and explain certain details to tie the worlds into one larger universe, which may then be translated into literary form.

Some Small background:

Hide contents

The core of the Infinitai Axis is based on six Infinitai Essences that define reality. This core is an outpouring of infinite energy that spreads throughout the Axis, frequently labeled magic.

So make a world and magic for now, then we change stuff later?

Ok, I'll tag the two world builders I know, @Channelknight Fadran and @Aspiring Writer.

Ok, so this world is heavily based off of Asian cultures. They haven't yet discovered how to make steel, but part of their magic allows them to harden wood to the point of it not mattering.

In the early years, humans surged, going from stone to wood tools in less than half a century. After this surge, they discovered magic. They learned they could channel magic through a combination of meditation and fighting. Using this they could create effects. They could bond weapons to their very soul, hardening them and allowing their skill to reach new heights when using that weapon. This came at a price. While their skill increased with one weapon, their skill decreased with others. Very few people could bond multiple weapons. After one had bonded a weapon, they could begin magic in earnest. There are three Staffs of magic. Each person can choose one Staff per bonded weapon. The Staffs are:

Illusions: The power of Illusion allows a person to change the Aesthetic Aspects, and Illusions can hide changes made by an Illure user.

Illumination: The power of Illumination allows a person to see through Illusions and change the Outer Aspects of the world.

Illure: The power of Illure allows a person to influence the Core Aspects of the world, an to undo the effects of Illumination. 

Do you need/want more detail @Ixthos?

@Somebody from Scadrial Very nice :-) I'd say to establish a few distinct cultures if there are any - so if there is more than one nation what nations are there, and if there is any cultural crossover, sharing traits. Are there any ages, so epochs when different things were discovered or lost, when empires rose or fell, and when and how the magic was discovered. Also, if any culture eventually did figure out how to make metal weapons, and if they found a way to use the magic with it - so making metal weapon that could treat the hardened wood as though it were only wood rather than enhanced - making them stronger than the other nations, and if this caused other nations to unite to fight them. Otherwise I like it :-)

6 minutes ago, Ixthos said:

@Somebody from Scadrial Very nice :-) I'd say to establish a few distinct cultures if there are any - so if there is more than one nation what nations are there, and if there is any cultural crossover, sharing traits. Are there any ages, so epochs when different things were discovered or lost, when empires rose or fell, and when and how the magic was discovered. Also, if any culture eventually did figure out how to make metal weapons, and if they found a way to use the magic with it - so making metal weapon that could treat the hardened wood as though it were only wood rather than enhanced - making them stronger than the other nations, and if this caused other nations to unite to fight them. Otherwise I like it :-)

I've run out of creativity for now, tag me if I don't do it by Saturday. 

20 minutes ago, Somebody from Scadrial said:

I'll see if I can do that.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:40 PM, Omi the Counselor said:

Some Small background:

Hide contents

Hmmm ... okay, an initial crack at this.

A world which is the inside of a dyson sphere around a small star, so the inhabitants all live on the inner face, no matter where they stand the star is above their heads. Some regions have a link to the star, the star's plasma actually channelled to those regions, and so those regions are usually avoided by a wide margin. But those who do travel into those regions, wearing protective clothing, can reach the structure that forms the outer rim of those plasma flows. If someone can reach it they can connect to the star, doing so they are called star-kin, and they can take some of the metal that forms the structure and shape it in the flow of plasma - wearing protective clothing to reach it initially but once connected and star-kin they are immune to the plasma and can survive any temperature below the temperature of the stars core - and that metal is now a representation of their link to the star. As long as they have it they can channel the power of the star through the item, and the manner depends on the item made, but even without the item they are long lived and immune to most temperatures. If separated from the item, such as giving it to a descendent, they can no longer use the item and the item is also weaker, but it can still be used to some small effect due to the remnant of its link to the star, and if broken the pieces can be rebuilt into multiple new items, though each weaker than the original.

Society has had multiple cycles and risen and fallen many times such that few - except for a small group of those star-kin who are effectively immortal, though no-one knows why this group isn't just long lived - remember the full history of the world, or even who built it. Wars have been fought over the star-kin's objects, and few are able to make the journey to become star-kin, so few items exist on the world. There is now a quest by a group of warlords to gather all the star-kin items and combine them together, as they think if they can do this they can gain the full powers of a star-kin themselves, as well as make an item more powerful than any before, using new scientific (medieval science) knowledge, and with that power conquer the world and bring it to their ideal of order.

Example items - each unique:

• Sword - destroy anything it strikes, or grant strength to anyone the user touches its side to
  • Shield - indestructible. When used with the hammer it destroys everything around them for kilometres, including those using the items
  • Telescope - see anything the holder desires, and if used to look at the star (only star-kin can survive using it like this) they can see the entire world instead
  • Hammer - shape material it strikes into any form desired, though repeated hits are needed for most things
  • Book (metal outer cover) - contains the contents of any book the user is thinking of, so hold it and think of a book and the book's contents will appear
  • Sextant - grants knowledge of the surrounding area
  • Chair - places whoever sits on it in stasis, and they can only be freed from stasis by being pulled out, but while in stasis they don't age

10 hours ago, Ixthos said:

10 hours ago, Guest Somebody from Scadrial said:

9 hours ago, Ixthos said:

I'll see if I can do that.

Don't bother, SoS no longer has an account.