Backstory Spoilers

jamesbondsmith

Are the Shattering and the various Shards of Adonalsium a spoiler? Not the shards themselves, just the fact that they exist.

One of the guys I work with has read part of the Cosmere (all Mistborn novels, Warbreaker, Elantris, Stormlight up to the end of Way of Kings but from his confused expression he hasn't even heard of Arcanum Unbounded, let alone read it), but he hasn't heard of Adonalsium. 

10 hours ago, jamesbondsmith said:

he hasn't heard of Adonalsium

Hoid name drops it somewhere in early Stormlight, when he's talking to Dalinar as Wit at... I believe it's the party where everything's been set up to float on a lake? I can't remember the specifics.

It's the Gibletish/Figgldygrak conversation, if that helps.

19 hours ago, jamesbondsmith said:

Are the Shattering and the various Shards of Adonalsium a spoiler? Not the shards themselves, just the fact that they exist.

One of the guys I work with has read part of the Cosmere (all Mistborn novels, Warbreaker, Elantris, Stormlight up to the end of Way of Kings but from his confused expression he hasn't even heard of Arcanum Unbounded, let alone read it), but he hasn't heard of Adonalsium. 

Weird. Saze mentions Adonalsium. Has he read Secret History? If not, give him AU.