Make your own fanmade Metallic Arts Metals

The Titan God

There was a creative challenge that my friend told me and I wanted to share here (feel free to do it if you want to):

Basically you are coming up with 2 (you can do more but best to go with an even number 2,4,6,8 etc...) new metals which are fully functioning for the metallic arts. Criteria is bullet pointed below:

• The metals and their alloys must exist in real life (no god metals)
  • Metals can belong to any of the four quadrants (physical, mental/cognitive, temporal/hybrid or enhancement/spiritual) but both the pure metal and its alloy must belong to the same one. Same goes for external/internal.
  • You cannot make up your own quadrants to categorize them in.
  • The pure metal must be a "pull" metal and its alloy must be a "push" metal.
  • The metals must have an allomantic, feruchemical and hemalurgic power which fit with their quadrants
  • Their hemalurgic power cannot grant allomantic or feruchemical powers. i.e. must be a human attribute
  • <optional> The metal has a kandra blessing with a name. i.e. Blessing of <insert name of blessing here>
  • Come up with a misting and ferring name for each metal.

For example, here is my own creation (hidden for those that don't really care and for length):

Spoiler

Lead (pure metal) (mental, external, pull)

Allomancy: Creates a bubble around the user which causes all people inside the bubble to have slowed down cognitive functions (like a sparker filling a zincmind). These effects do not effect the allomancer.

Feruchemy: Stores emotional influence. Filling a leadmind will cause the Feruchemist to have an emotional soothing effect, feeling dampened emotions. Tapping a leadmind will cause an emotional rioting effect on all emotions of the user.

Hemalurgy: Steals reflexes/ steals reflex speed.

Kandra blessings: Blessing of Reflexes

Misting: Pacifier

Ferring: Swinger

Terne (lead and tin) (mental, external, push)

Allomancy: Creates a bubble around the user which causes all people inside the bubble to have sped up cognitive functions (like a sparker tapping a zincmind). These effects do not effect the allomancer.

Feruchemy: Stores talent/skill. Filling a ternemind will cause the Feruchemist to have a significant drop in talent in all skills, bad at it and struggles. Tapping a ternemind will cause the Feruchemist to have a significant surge in talent in all skills, good at it and easy.

Hemalurgy: Steals talent/skill

Kandra blessings: Blessing of Simplicity

Misting: Igniter

Ferring: Keenskill

When I run a Mistborn campaign, I changed a lot of the not-widely-known lore (because the players wanted to not be spoiled and we had all read the books). I invited a couple metals and a whole structure of them (different that the quadrants)… There were a lot of made-up metals, but not god-metals, just some non-OP stuff I made up, because there aren't enough metals, and silver wouldn't make sense as an unknown metal anyway.

It's not very much in line with the challenge, but is in line with the title, so I'm not sure if I should post them or not.

29 minutes ago, Eri said:

When I run a Mistborn campaign, I changed a lot of the not-widely-known lore (because the players wanted to not be spoiled and we had all read the books). I invited a couple metals and a whole structure of them (different that the quadrants)… There were a lot of made-up metals, but not god-metals, just some non-OP stuff I made up, because there aren't enough metals, and silver wouldn't make sense as an unknown metal anyway.

It's not very much in line with the challenge, but is in line with the title, so I'm not sure if I should post them or not.

I'd be down to see em. :)

OK, I finally have time for the long post.

Note: The premise of the game was "everything your characters know from the lore is true, also Hemalurgy is more or less by the book, because it's to big to change. Exerything else goes out the window, including the Cosmere stuff, two gods fighting in the background etc." So a lot of things were changed, including that "god metals" aren't a thing here.

Also, I misremembered atium to be Pushing (IDK why) and it being a hint to it's different nature…so atium ended up as an alloy in my game, just very difficult to separate so nobody really proved it even if some Ministry scientists had suspicions.

I'm posting stuff from GM notes, not info I initially gave to players. They eventually figured out vast majority of that anyway.

1. Allomancy.

Allomancy basically had a structure of a directed graph (sorry for maths): technically each person was a kind of a Misting, and could Snap and then could burn their metal and all metals that are below it in the Allomantic order. But weaker metals did nothing without burning some more powerful metal (they changed the metal effects) and also, weaker Mistings Snapped with more difficulty, I think.

I'll tag the metals with letters, eg if a metal is [ABC], than its Misting can burn also metals [A] and [C]. Basically, the more the letters, the stronger the metal and its "Mistings". Also, as a hint I gave the players info on how pulses of metals feel like. Some of the <>s should be bolded, but the forum ate my formatting and it's hard to write those properly, so I'll just paste the numbers from my doc.

[] - nonmetal - (no Allomantic pulse)

Silvery, malleable, rather light. Occured naturally as a foam, near a volcanic island where atium was mined (yep, I changed Pits too). IIRC, it did nothing on Allomancy, but it had some funny properties. Also, its "Mistings" (rare in the Empire, because some poeple had at least some % of Allomantic genes, even if not enough to Snap) were not only non-allomancers, but  inherently resistant to Allomancy affecting them. Which lead to a fun surprise when an NPC was unexplicably innmune to emotional manipulation and had no idea why. Oh, and also it could be used to fix insane Allomancers, but that's a long story.

Also, this is the base metal of Feruchemy, used to store "essence" (what in Cosmere we'd call Investiture. Yep, there was no Nicrosil or other era2 metals in the game, I'm not sure about aluminum.)

[-] the narrowing metal - <<<<<<<<<<<<

Base Pulling metal. Narrows the effect of burned metals but makes it stronger. Eg your emotional Allomancy works only on touched creatures, but you can hijack Hemalurgic creatures.

(Generally, metals with - are Pulling and with + Pushing)

[+] - shanium (they named it after one NPC who was an Atium Misting and therefore could burn it) - >>>>>>>>>>>>

Base Pushing metal. Widens the effect of other burned metals but makes it weaker. Eg your pewter or tin also buffs people you touch (as long as you touch them and burn). It was an alloy of shanium, of course (generally, metals are paired with alloys as in the book: +x is an alloy of -x)

[+A] ultra-steel (named by the Ministry who had known about it, but kept it secret) - >...>...>...

Lets you shot lightning at people. Yay! :D 

[+B] renium (named after a PC who discovered it) - >>..>>..>>..

Pushes a living creature, like Steel does to metals. (But works on one target only)

[+C]  (undiscovered in game, so not named) >>>.>>>.>>>.

Kinda like cheap atium - shows you predictions of future but only for inanimate things. Essentially, a very good physics simulation, as if you had an AI helping you fight.

[-A] infra-iron - <...<...<...

Destroy a touched metal (metalminds and charged spikes were resistant, IIRC)

[-B] izenium (named after an NPC who IIRC was first discovered Misting of it) - <<..<<..<<..

Weakens a living creature, up to paralyzing them.

[-C]  (undiscovered in game, so not named) - <<<.<<<.<<<.

Shows you events that had occured in this place earlier.

[+e] ko-layessium (name based on its base metal) - >..>..>..>..

Makes events around you "less random". (that's not a very precise definition, but worked well in game)

[+f] klissium (named in memory of a dead fiancee) - >>.>>.>>.>>.

Increases math and logic skills, decreases interpersonal skills for the time of burning.

[-e] layessium (again, naming metals after characters. I don't even remember who that was) - <..<..<..<..

Makes events around you "more random"

[-f] ladrium (known by Ministry, named after an Obligator who discovered it or smth) - <<.<<.<<.<<.

Increases sensory processing speed and sensory imagination. (Not all metals are powerful)

[+Ae] steel - as in the book - >..>>.>.>>.. (the amplitude goes 200110101100)

[+Af] bronze - as in the book - >>.>>.>>>>>.  (the amplitude goes 210120111110)

[-Ae] iron - as in the book (same as steel, but <ing)

[-Af] copper  - as in the book

[+Be] brass - as in the book - >>.>>>>.>>..  (the amplitude goes 210111101200)

[+Bf] pewter - as in the book - >>.>>>>>>>>. (the amplitude goes 220121111210)

[-Be] zinc - as in the book

[-Bf] tin - as in the book

[+Ce] atium - as in the book (except it's not divine and occurs in a different place, though still dangerous) - >>>>>>>.>>>.  (the amplitude goes 211111201210)

[+Cf] electrum - as in the book - >>>>>>>>>>>.  (the amplitude goes 221121211220)

[-Ce]  postium (named by the PCs after a historical Obligator who died experimenting on atium, very probably got this metal, but died from the experiment, or maybe an angry Inquisitor, I don't remember it was like 8 years ago. Anyway this historical record gave them hints needed to separate atium) - kinda like malatium, but it shows you the key defining moments in other people's pasts. Which lead to a big oops when the PCs went to an annual ball where TLR was an it turned out the Ministry (after getting helpful scientific info from one of the PCs because science!) also separated atium and suddenly the PCs got postium pulse from TLR... (Also, if you read RoW, you know the "technically they're enemies, but… science!" vibe, this was very much similar)

[-Cf] gold - as in the book

[+-ABCef] {why did I skip d???) the Mistborn metal turned out to be… lightning. (technicaly, plasma is a metal, kind of)

It can be burned as any other metal (kinda like nicrosil in Feruchemy).

Which lead to the PCs understanding why Ministry was so paranoid on ultrasteel; also, a character getting struck by lightning, burning it, getting a Crowning Moment of Awesome and then saying "Hmm… this confirms my theory."

(BTW, ultrasteel-lightning worked as impure metal, but still, they worked.)

2. Feruchemy.

As mentioned before, the "central metal", known by Imoerial science as "nonmetal", stored raw power.

I don't remember the whole structure for Feruchemy. It was different from Allomancy, but had the 12 base-level metals (AKA the ones we know) in common. Also, alloys of pure of those metals with central metals were Feruchemical. (and stored some of the things that canonically further metals like chromium did).

The most fun was an alloy of central metal and postium, which stored… existing. sort of. Ie you started the act of filling it, you dissapeared for a couple hours (depending on the metalmind size) and then reappeared in the same place (which lead to a Feruchemist ending his experiment by landing in a river, because the barge he'd been on  was long gone). Tapping it let you create a copy of yourself for the stored amount of time. You could control both of "you" and IIRC killing the copy wasn't very traumatic to the Feruchemist.

It was exploitable and lead to the party Feruchemist kinda going symbiotic with the huge naturally-occured Allomancy-based AI (AKA the Deepness) made of magma and stuff underground, who was the closest to a god that my interpretation of the setting had. So yeah. Feruchemists. :D

3. Hemalurgy

Sorry, don't remember a lot :( 

There were also crazy Allomancers (and a legit reason for separating two genetic groups, though not for opression), crazy Inquisitors, a really unexpected way of fixing them and generally, a whole thiong about how the Metallic Arts interact with each other. (Also, IIRC compounding wasn't a thing and TLR had a different way to get infinite Feruchemy).

Do you want to read about that too?

Edited by Eri
formatting went evil :/

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

Cobalt: (pure metal, I think.) (physical, external, pull)

Allomancy, cobalt will pull non solids and non liquids to the user when burned. This acts similar to iron, but it will always pull when burning, and the pull is much subtler. It will pull gases, plasma, and fire, among other things.

Feruchemy, cobalt will store the bodies natural electricity, and any extra, for a time when storing. When tapping electricity will flee the body in any direction. 

Hemalurgy, cobalt will steal a bodies natural electricity, and any extra. When the spike is placed in the receiver, they will gain a greater tolerance to electricity, along with any electricity stored within the spike. 

Talonite: (cobalt, steel) (physical, external, push)

Allomancy, talonite will act like ambient steel when burned, but like cobalt, it pushes weaker. It pushes all forms of liquids and solids. 

Feruchemy, talonite will absorb gravity, while this works similarly to iron when storing, you can store gravity in all directions using different metal pieces like tin. This means you can slowly store faint gravitational pulls from distant planets and stars. Later you can use these to fly similar to lashings. 

Hemalurgy, talonite will steal weight. This means when a person is spiked by a cobalt spike, their weight will be transferred to the receiver.

1 hour ago, Somebody from Scadrial said:

Feruchemy, cobalt will store the bodies natural electricity, and any extra, for a time when storing. When tapping electricity will flee the body in any direction. 

I see that lightning bolts are a popular idea. :) 

That's a very useful Feruchemy in general, especially in modern eras. (a Ferring od cobalt is called a taser and you can't change my mind on this.)

Hemalurgy, cobalt will steal a bodies natural electricity, and any extra. When the spike is placed in the receiver, they will gain a greater tolerance to electricity, along with any electricity stored within the spike. 

Hm. I thought "meh", but then I imagined it as kandra Blessings. Shapeshifting electric eel FTW.

Talonite: (cobalt, steel) (physical, external, push)

Allomancy, talonite will act like ambient steel when burned, but like cobalt, it pushes weaker. It pushes all forms of liquids and solids. 

Including lightning? :D 

Feruchemy, talonite will absorb gravity, while this works similarly to iron when storing, you can store gravity in all directions using different metal pieces like tin. This means you can slowly store faint gravitational pulls from distant planets and stars. Later you can use these to fly similar to lashings. 

I imagine a Feruchemist lying on  a side in a weird angle for hours, storing this… but no, they'd probably find a way to build rotateable metalminds.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
29 minutes ago, Eri said:

I see that lightning bolts are a popular idea. :) 

That's a very useful Feruchemy in general, especially in modern eras. (a Ferring od cobalt is called a taser and you can't change my mind on this.)

Hm. I thought "meh", but then I imagined it as kandra Blessings. Shapeshifting electric eel FTW.

Including lightning? :D 

I imagine a Feruchemist lying on  a side in a weird angle for hours, storing this… but no, they'd probably find a way to build rotateable metalminds.

That's this things theme. I kinda agree. I didn't do those did I?

The Blessing of Electricity. 

Nope, lightning's a plasma. That's cobalt.

Have you seen the things that flip upside down to help your back? That.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll make one.

Titanium (pull) (physical, internal)

Titanium pulls small particles in, a side effect of this is that the more small particles it pulls, the more mass you obtain. When used feruchemically takes away any mass you ocumilate while storing, and adds more later. Hemalurgy is odd with this too, it seems to steal emotional reluctance, making it harder or easier to change emotions, it is called the Blessing of Stubbornness. Mistings are called Clumps and ferrings are called Bears.

Altanium (I'm calling it this because beta-titanium sounds dumb) (push) (physical, internal)

Altanium makes light, when burning Altanium, you get brighter. This allows you to see in dark places. An interesting side effect is when you burn Altanium, you became lighter and less tangible, when flaring you become very slightly see through. Feruchemical use of Altanium stores surrounding light. This will make a room darker now, and when tapping will make it lighter. Interesting too, is that when used Hemalurgically, Altanium seems to steal emotions. Its Kandra blessing is called the Blessing of Sympathy. Mistings are called Lanterns and Ferrings are called Matches.

Edited by The Unknown Order

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry about this , i wanna join but i have only one metal and only 2 aspects of it. 

Titanium :

Allomancy : ( sorry can't think of anything )

Feruchemy : stores skills. For example you can store your meager skill to draw for a year , then burn it all up in a hour to produce an exceptional piece of art.

Each skill required a different metal mind.

Hemalurgy : steals skills.

If you are envious of a colleague's skill at calligraphy. You need hammer only a titanium spike through his/her heart to steal thier beautiful handwriting.

If you want to be an expert martial artist but don't have the time or patience to train, just steal it from someone who is already a martial artist thanks to thier dedication. Hah suckers

And hey if you are terrible at hemalurgy itself , then you need only spike a skilled hemalurgist to gain thier proficiency :v

Edited by Friendshipspren

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. Few Ideas:

Physical:

Titanium.

Allomantic effect:

Makes bones and skin stiff and hard. Makes much more resistant to all types of damage. Is not making Allomancer stronger or faster.

Allomancer - Bulletproof.

Feruchemical effect:

Stores stamina. When storing, Ferring is immedietly tired. When tapping, ferring is fresh during even hardest effords.

Ferring - Unwearying

Hemalurgic effect:

Steals Stamina.

Kandra Blessing:

Blessing of Tirelessness

Titanium-Aluminium alloy (dont have coloqial name).

Allomantic Effect:

Makes bones, muscles and skin plastic. Allow to limited shapeshifting.

Allomancer - Cameleon.

Feruchemical effect:

Stores metabolic rate. When storing, all processes in organism runs faster. When tapping, allow Ferring to hibernate.

Ferring - Sleeper.

Hemalurgic Effect:

Stores metabolism.

Kandra Blessing:

additionaly:

Uranium

Allomantic effect:

Absorb every type of radiation in limited bubble around Allomancer.

Allomancer: Darkshroud

Feruchemical effect:

Stores electrcity emited by body. When tapping, Ferring can shock someone.

Ferring: Baterry

Urranium-Molibdenium alloy

Allomantic effect:

Emits electromagnetic radiation from body. Allomancer can controll type of radiation by various rates of burning (linear to the wave lenghts)

Allomancer: Flasher

Feruchemical effect:

Stores radiation absorption. Works for various wave lenghts. When storing, Ferring is transparent. When tapping, Ferring will absorb proper radiation.

Ferring: Ghost

Enhancement/Spiritual:

Mercurium.

Allomantic effect:

Increases range of allomantic effect, but limites radius.

Allomancer - Mercurium gnat.

Feruchemical effect:

Stores Inspiration. When storing, Ferring makes people uniterested with him, when tapping, people are inspired by him and make whatever he sugestes with great determination.

Ferring - Leader

Hemalurgic effect - not exists due obvious reasons.

Amalgam

Allomantic effect:

Increases range of allomantic effect around allomancer, but with lesser power.

Allomancer: Amalgam Gnat

Feruchemical effect:

Stores noticeability/attention. When storing, noone would see Ferring, even when staring directly on him. When tapping, everyone would immedietaly focus on Ferring.

Ferring - Focuspoint

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Nickel (pure metal) (Physical, internal, pull)

An Allomancer burning nickel becomes physically harder, with tougher skin and reinforced bones. The power effectively pulls the molecules in the body tighter together, increasing density. There is no impediment to movement.

A Ferring of nickel stores physical flexibility in a nickelmind, making them less flexible when storing and far more flexible when tapping.

A nickel misting is called a Strongarm.

A nickel Ferring is called a Flexer.

Nitinol ( nickel-titanium alloy) ( physical, internal, push)

An Allomancer burning nitinol can lose their shape, acting almost as a kandra, though they cannot ingest bones. They will return to their original shape should they stop burning, with no ill effects.

A Ferring can store mental flexibility in a nitinolmind, making them less open to new ideas when storing and more open in mindset while tapping.

A nitinol misting is called a Metaformer.

A nitinol Ferring is called a Broadminder.

Nickel hemalurgically steals physical durability.

Nitinol hemalurgically steals physical identity. This allows someone to take on the appearance of the spiked individual. Appearance is interchangeable.

Nickel (Physical, External, pull)

An Allomancer can attract liquids. The amount of liquid needed to pull on varies on the strength of the Allomancer which means that the original Mistborn and Allomancers could pull on people. 

A Nickel Allomancer is called an attracter.

A Ferring of Nickel can store thirst and the need to drink, allowing them to have moments of constant dehydration and be able to last for long periods without water.

A Nickel Ferring is called a thirster.

Alumel (nickel, manganese, aluminum, silicon) (Physical, External, push)

An Allomancer can repel liquids. The amount of liquid needed to pull on varies on the strength of the Allomancer which means that the original Mistborn and Allomancers could push on people. 

A Alumel Allomancer is called a repulser.

A Ferring of Alumel can store hunger allowing them to have moments of constant hunger and be able to last for long periods without food.

Osmium, a Mental pulling metal.

Allomancy: Osmium can increase people's focus on you or an object/person of your choice. Think copperclouds, where everyone nearby focuses on the stuff in the cloud. Osmium mistings are called Enthrallers. It pulls people's focus, hence its classification as a pulling metal.

Feruchemy: What else but focus. A Osmium feruchemist, called a Looker, can store focus in an osmiummind, being unable to focus on things for very long during active storage, and hyperfocusing when tapping focus. Basically, you have ADHD (like me!) only you can control the symptoms. If only that was how ADHD actually worked...

Hemalurgy: Steals fixations. If you spiked someone who was obsessed with Ninjago®, you could steal their obsession with Ninjago® and give it to someone else.

Osmium has its counterpart, which is...

Osmiridium, an alloy of Osmium and iridum. It's a Mental pushing metal.

Allomancy: Osmiridium mistings can deflect the focus of nearby individuals from certain people or objects, pushing their notice away. It works in the same way as osmium allomancy. For those of you that know of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it works like the Somebody Else's Problem Field. In other words, people are more likely to dismiss someone in an osmiridiumcloud. Osmiridium mistings are known as Rouges.

Feruchemy: Osmiridium ferrings, known as Kindhearts, can store sympathy/empathy in a osmiridiummind. During active storage, they find it hard to care about others (Think Taravangian), and they become more sensitive while tapping (Also Taravangian).

Hemalurgy: Osmiridium spikes steal belief. If you spiked a Windrunner who believed in protecting others, you could give that spike to, say, some random criminal and have their highest ideal suddenly become protection.
Fun times.

These are my Allomantic metal contributions. I hope that you enjoy committing crimes having fun with them!

Silver is an external mental pulling metal.

Allomancy: A silver Misting is known as a Flashback. Burning this metal will Pull on the target’s memories. This act is known as Recalling. By suggesting a false memory while Recalling and acting with Intent, the victim will “remember” the lie as if it happened (think hypnosis). If the memory is unconvincing, it will be harder to Recall as the victim can easily dismiss it. As with Soothing and Rioting, the force is emitted from the Flashback’s chest towards the head. It may also be used to affect an individual or group and is nullified by copperclouds. A Flashback can also Recall true memories from the subject. When an emotional memory is Recalled, it may evoke the associated emotions

Savantism: If someone were able to burn the amount of silver needed to become an Allomantic savant wity the metal, they would be able to influence the cognitive aspect of objects. As with Forgery, it requires some level of knowledge to be effective. It is also inferior to actual Soulcasting in making entirely new objects. However, silver is far better at restoring an object to whatever it was in the past.

Feruchemy: A silver Ferring is known as a Bullhorn. Silver is used to store auditory volume. This includes both one’s voice and any sounds within their spiritual sense of self (the same that blue steel lines revolve around). When a Bullhorn is filling a silvermind, any attempt to speak will feel normal in breath, but the sound comes out quieter as if they were a TV on low volume. 

When tapping a silvermind, a Bullhorn will be able to increase their volume. They can use the volume of a shout without needing to strain. If the sound is loud enough, it can deafen living things and shatter glass

Tapping another Bullhorn’s silvermind will allow you to impersonate their voice. The voice does carry a limited degree of Identity. Thus, a Bullhorn tapping a different voice can activate magic systems of the donor as long as the activation is auditory

Hemalurgy: When used as a Hemalurgic spike, silver steals volume or voices.

Blessing of Mimicry: A pair of silver spikes that allow a kandra to use the voices of the donors. It is most commonly employed alongside the bones of the original donor. The kandra can switch between their natural voice and the fakes.

Billon, an alloy of Silver and copper. It's an external mental pushing metal.

Alloy Composition: The billon used in the Metallic Arts is made of sixty percent copper and forty percent silver

Allomancy: A billon Misting is known as a Phantom. It Pushes memories from the target. This act is known as Blocking. During this time, the subject will struggle to think of the memory in question and may not even try to recall unless prompted. The victim will see the affected parts of the memory as blurry and indistinct. However, unaffected parts will remain clear. For example, a Phantom targeting the memory of a person will cause only that person to be blurry in the memory: the scene is clear. When used to target immediate memories, a Phantom can appear effectively invisible. As with Soothing and Rioting, the force is emitted from the Flashback’s chest towards the head. It may also be used to affect an individual or group and is nullified by copperclouds.

Savantism: If someone were able to burn the amount of billon needed to become an Allomantic savant with the metal, they would be able to influence the cognitive aspect of objects. This does not allow the Phantom to transform objects. Instead, affected objects lose their identity and become intangible. Blocking the object further would cause the object to disappear all together.

Feruchemy: A billon Ferring is known as a Dancer. Billon is used to store body language. A Dancer tapping body language will become more clumsy and less adapt at nonverbal cues. This may lead others to believe that the Dancer is lying. When tapping a billonmind, they will gain great control over their body movements, even involuntary ones. This makes a Dancer great at lying because they will not give off many tells

Hemalurgy: When used as a Hemalurgic spike, billon steals determination.

Blessing of Courage: A pair of billon spikes that fills the new kandra with ambition. This doesn’t necessarily increase the kandra’s willpower and provides no resistance to emotional control.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. Feel free to ask any questions by quoting this post. 

Edited by Mistchemist16
Typos

On 1/5/2023 at 6:11 PM, NerdyAarakocra said:

Feruchemy: What else but focus. A Osmium feruchemist, called a Looker, can store focus in an osmiummind, being unable to focus on things for very long during active storage, and hyperfocusing when tapping focus. Basically, you have ADHD (like me!) only you can control the symptoms. If only that was how ADHD actually worked...

I really like how your logic for the looker is so similar to how Brandon came up with Feruchemy in the first place. He first came up with bronze because he had insomnia and wished he could store his wakefulness for when it was actually useful. Pretty cool.

1 minute ago, Mistchemist16 said:

I really like how your logic for the looker is so similar to how Brandon came up with Feruchemy in the first place. He first came up with bronze because he had insomnia and wished he could store his wakefulness for when it was actually useful. Pretty cool.

Thank you!
JSYK, you're not supposed to post in the same topic twice in a row in a short period of time. Instead, you can use the 'edit' button that appears at the bottom of your posts. It's not a huge deal, but some people get upset about it.
Also, I like your metal suggestion! It's really well thought out.

• 3 months later...

Zirconium:

Allomancy: External, Mental, Pulling

An Allomancer burning Zirconium will cause a Zirconium bubble (about the same size as a Bendalloy bubble) to appear in a circle around the Allomancer, who can then hear the thoughts of anyone inside the bubble. Smokers actively burning Copper are immune, alongside anyone standing within 2 feet of them; the immunity does not transfer to the entirety of the Coppercloud. Flaring Zirconium will allow for bigger bubbles. Leaving the bubble will not affect the bubble itself, and the Zirconium will continue to burn, but the Misting will no longer be able to hear the thoughts of those within. However, those still within the bubble will then be able to hear each others thoughts. Anyone inside wearing an Aluminum-lined hat will be exempt from both projecting their thoughts and hearing the thoughts of others. Zirconium burns extremely quickly: an average vial of Zirconium flakes will burn up within five minutes.

A Zirconium Misting is called a Sleuth.

A Zirconium Savant can anchor their bubble to themselves (allowing them to move the bubble with them), create slightly larger bubbles, and can let one person that they are touching also listen. However, a Savant Sleuth's facial recognition deteriorates immensely, they have trouble understanding what someone is saying, and often suffer migraines when not Burning. Becoming a Zirconium Savant is uniquely difficult, however.

Wearing an Aluminum-lined hat will protect a person's thoughts from being heard. If the Sleuth wears an Aluminium-lined hat, they will no longer be able to hear anyone's thoughts, even if they are burning.

Tin Feruchemy allows hearing thoughts to be stored in a Tinmind, preventing a Sleuth who is also a Windwhisper from hearing thoughts for the duration of storing. Once tapped, a Windwhisper Ferring may draw forth the ability without needing to burn Zirconium, but can only listen to one individual at a time, and the individual must be within line of sight. There is no limit on how far away a Windwhisper can be while listening however, beyond the practical limitation of visibility. A Zirconium-Tin Twinborn is known as a Stalker.

Feruchemy: Physical

A Zirconiummind stores size. A Zirconium Ferring, when filling a Zirconiummind, will shrink. Said Zirconium Ferring, known as a Sizesmith, can only store up to 99% of their size at any given time. When tapping, a Sizesmith grows in size, with no upper limit. The Feruchemy will protect the Ferring from the effects of the Square-Cube law, as well as preventing them from freezing when storing. The Sizesmith's proportions, weight, and strength remain the same regardless of size.

Hemalurgy: Spiritual

When used as a Hemalurgic spike, Zirconium steals innate Fortune. The recipient recieves a diluted form of Fortune, and can use it to parse auspicious times and places to be, although much more weakly and vaguely than true Fortune.

When a pair of Zirconium spikes are given to a Kandra, it is known as the Blessing of Foresight.

Zircaloy (95% Zirconium, 5% Tin): External, Mental, Pushing

Allows an Allomancer to create a bubble (around the size of a Cadmium Bubble) around themselves, within which any individual can hear the thoughts of the Allomancer. Smokers actively burning Copper and people within their immediate vicinity (around 2 feet in diameter) are unable to hear the Allomancers thoughts; this effect does not translate to the entire Coppercloud. Flaring Zircaloy will allow for larger bubbles. Leaving the bubble will not cause the bubble to collapse so long as the Misting continues to burn Zircaloy, but everyone within will then be able to hear each others thoughts. A Zircaloy Misting is known as an Openheart. If the Openheart wears an Aluminium-lined hat, the bubble will produce no effect. Anyone wearing an Aluminum-lined hat will not be able to hear the Openheart's thoughts.

A Zircaloy Savant can anchor their bubble to themselves, allowing it to move with them. They can also control the size of their bubble immensely, and while they cannot make it larger than they normally could, they can shrink it to within one foot of themselves. A Savant Openheart can also project the thoughts of one other person alongside themselves. However, a Zircaloy Savant gets brain fog when trying to communicate without burning, begin to feel dissociated from themselves, and suffer migraines when not Burning.

A Windwhisper can store hearing an Openheart's thoughts in a Tinmind, and will be unable to hear their thoughts while storing. Once a Windwhisper taps the sense however, they can hear whatever the Openheart is thinking at the time, regardless of where they are or if they're burning. This can allow an Openheart to telepathically communicate with a Windwhisper by projecting their thoughts at them while they are tapping.

Feruchemy: Mental

A Zircaloy Ferring, known as an Unraveller, can store Sanity in a Zircaloymind. While storing, they become irrational, erratic, manic, paranoid, and unstable. When tapping, they become extremely rational, stable, and (for lack of a better term) predictable. When tapping an Unraveller becomes increasingly immune to Emotional Allomancy until they are no longer affected by it at all, while still being extremely perceptive about which emotions are being manipulated by letting them differentiate between their actual emotions and the affected ones. When storing, however, an Unraveller becomes extremely susceptible to Emotional Allomancy. Storing 100% of their Sanity is extremely dangerous for them, as they can at that point be completely controlled by a Soother or Rioter, exactly like the Koloss or Kandra, and once that is done they will be completely subjugated by the Soother, who can keep them from stopping their storage. This can only happen when they are 100% insane however, and so can be prevented rather easily.

When combined with Unsealed Metalmind technology, Sanity can be tapped by people who suffer from mental illnesses to restore them to a neurotypical state of mind for the duration of tapping. This can be a bit jarring for some and feel artificial, like Soothing someone in mourning's grief and then Rioting their happiness, but for disorders that are mainly physiological, it could be genuinely beneficial.

Hemalurgy: Mental

When used as a spike, Zircaloy steals Sanity. When the recipient is spiked, they immediately become more stoic, more in control of their emotions, and any mental deterioration they may have endured from being spiked is reduced. They are also more resistant to Hemalurgic Control.

A pair of Zircaloy spikes when given to a Kandra are known as the Blessing of Sanity

Synergy:

When Zirconium and Zircaloy bubbles overlap, they cancel out due to destructive interference, causing neither bubble to produce any effects.

Edited by Underwater_Worldhopper

• 3 months later...

Beryllium is a mental internal pushing metal. In Allomancy, when burned, it enhances one’s sense of judgement or righteousness, and allows one to see what the most “ethical” path is. A beryllium misting is known as a Judge. In Feruchemy, it stores memory. This is different than copper, which stores individual memories, instead Beryllium stores how likely you are to forget something. When storing, the user becomes very forgetful of things, but when tapping the user is much better at remembering things. A beryllium Ferring is called a Librarian. In Hemalurgy, beryllium steals one’s sense of righteousness, and one becomes more ethical if they have a beryllium spike.

Beryllium copper is a mental internal pulling metal. In Allomancy, when burned, it enhances one’s hearing in ways tin does not, when flared it grants perfect pitch, otherwise it allows one to understand the music better and hear individual notes. A beryllium copper misting is known as a muse. In Feruchemy, it stores one’s hearing and understand of music. A beryllium copper Ferring is known as a Singer. In Hemalurgy, it steals one’s understanding of music, but this is most useful when it is taken from someone with perfect pitch.

Note: when I say “understanding of music,” I do not mean understanding in how the word is usually thought of. Instead I mean better hearing the music, and being able to separate individual notes or instruments, and with some training be able to figure out what those instruments are.

• 4 weeks later...

So i already posted something similair to this in another thread but i thought i might asw share here

Lemme give this a shot

Silver:

Allomancy: When burnt an Silver misting (Repeller) will create a bubble averaging on 15ft but based on the skill of the user it may change. This bubble appears to repel invested entities and objects to a degree based off the amount of Silver burnt and how heavily invested the said object is. This works almost inversely from steel or iron allowing a Repeller if fueled by a nicrobuster to rip metal minds off of a person or at least if not push them away. A repeller also has the capabilities to repel cognitive entities in both the physical and cognitive realm.

Another allomancer is able to resist the repelling bubbles affects along as they dont burn a metal if they do burn a metal inside the bubble depending on the level of power invested they may be forced back or even flung

A surgebinder would have the stormlight flung from their body rapidly when inside a Silver bubble and attempts to hold it in would not work nearly as well as normal

Feruchemy: A silver feruchemist is able to store presence, while storing presence a Blender would fuzz out of another's vision they would still be visable but it would be hard to look at them let alone focous on them, storing presence alloys a Blender to hide in plain sight from people even aware of their presence. Tapping presence works inversly it would become hard to look towards anything else while a Blender is tapping presence in the same room, their features would grow sharper and almost imprint on a persons mind if tapped to a large enough degree. a Blenders voice would seemingly overpower anyone else who spoke even if the blender was quiet.

Someone storing Silver would also be less susceptible to alomancy such as iron, steel, zinc and brass, Iron and Steel lines leading to that person would thin and pulling on them produces drastically weaker results, Emotional allomancy seems to skip over people storing presence as if they werent there.

(If anyone watches doctor who remember during tenant area where he uses the tardis key to hide from the master? yea its that)

Hemalurgy: A Silver Spike steals presence, through this a person can become more and more memorable and if the person spiked were to survive they would become less memorable (I could see this being used in an order of assassins or smth similar to that)

Silvalium:

Allomancy: A Silvalium misting can also create a bubble that works in tandom to silver bubbles similair to Cadmium and bendalloy as a silvalium misting (Drawer(Bad name i know lol)) creates a bubble that draws in invested objects and entities, many of its abilities work in in reverse to how Silvalium works so i wont repeat it here but an important distinction is that although the bubble is 15ft of effectivity all the power sources are drawn inwards, for example stormlight pulled from a surgebinder would travel to the central part of the bubble and coalesce there this can be used in a few ways to gather investiture

Feruchemy:  A Silvalium ferring (Tinkers) are able to store Learning or practicality not sure of a word to convey it but a tinker could store their ability to learn to seem almost stupid in a sense but not in intelligence but the inability to grasp simple things like addition or basic spelling, while tapping Learning a Tinker learns and grasps things much quicker than average and a plus side is the fact that this learning actually stays even when not tapping as it speeds the process not the actual outcome

Hemalurgy: a Silvalium Spike can steal Learning and works the same as tapping a Silvalium Metalmind