6 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

He nodded. “I know,” he said softly. “I’m not asking you to. This is a gift, Marie. Just take care of the plants, alright?” He smiled ruefully. “I’ve done my best, but it turn out gardening really isn’t one of my talents.“

"Okay," she said quietly, back to studying the map. Reluctantly, she rolled it up and tucked it into her satchel.

Marie glanced up at the two and rubbed the skin around her eyespikes. There was a headache coming on and she thought she knew why. "You could use cadmiumminds," she said after a moment of being torn (would telling others about this make it no longer safe?). But the little Tineye already knew, so. "Just tap one of his" she nodded at Kelsier "- and then don't breathe."

@Condensation

She met the Survivor's eyes. "And thank you for using my name."

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

"Okay," she said quietly, back to studying the map. Reluctantly, she rolled it up and tucked it into her satchel.

Marie glanced up at the two and rubbed the skin around her eyespikes. There was a headache coming on and she thought she knew why. "You could use cadmiumminds," she said after a moment of being torn (would telling others about this make it no longer safe?). But the little Tineye already knew, so. "Just tap one of his" she nodded at Kelsier "- and then don't breathe."

@Condensation

Kelsier smiled. “I’ll call you what you want. But you’re still as strong and beautiful as those trees you love. Don’t forget that. Don’t let anyone make you forget that. You matter Marie.”

He turned away, reaching down to pick up his daughter. “And come find me, if you ever just want to talk. There aren’t so many of us left who remember. Or to remember with.”

On 4/13/2021 at 8:31 PM, AonEne said:

@Condensation

"Cadmiumminds? What do those do?"

23 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smiled. “I’ll call you what you want. But you’re still as strong and beautiful as those trees you love. Don’t forget that. Don’t let anyone make you forget that. You matter Marie.”

He turned away, reaching down to pick up his daughter. “And come find me, if you ever just want to talk. There aren’t so many of us left who remember. Or to remember with.”

Zola reached for Kell's hand.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:02 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

She shrugged and bent to stare into her bag, adjusting the map in it. "They store air," she said to the girl. "You don't need to breathe while you're using one." 

On 4/15/2021 at 8:58 PM, Condensation said:

"Ooh, cool. But then, don't you have to hold your breath to fill it?"

"You'd need to take in extra oxygen. Hyperventilate." She resolutely did not look up. "Your glorious leader over there will let you use some of his."

54 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"You'd need to take in extra oxygen. Hyperventilate." She resolutely did not look up. "Your glorious leader over there will let you use some of his."

“When you’re older,” Kelsier repeated. “And that one actually gets tricky; my breath is different than modern Scadrians. It works, but your lungs should be fully mature first.”

I’m probably the only person who actually thinks about what it means for TFE humans to have lungs capable of breathing ash. I’m fairly certain they have different vocal cords too.

10 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“When you’re older,” Kelsier repeated. “And that one actually gets tricky; my breath is different than modern Scadrians. It works, but your lungs should be fully mature first.”

Mmm, I was working off the assumption that his would have been changed in the process of getting a new body, since his old one is no longer around at this point. 

I don't recall whether or not Inquisitors shaved their eyebrows too, but Marie would probably have let hers grow out by now, excepting the possibility that the lack is magically induced by their different biology. 

Marie shrugged, not caring about the specifics. "Sure. Anyway." She raised an eyebrow at them. "It's been...fun, but I've got places to be and conversations to derail, so." 

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

Marie shrugged, not caring about the specifics. "Sure. Anyway." She raised an eyebrow at them. "It's been...fun, but I've got places to be and conversations to derail, so." 

WoB is that Inquisitors grow hair.

The reason I assume Kell’s lungs didn’t, is because Saze changed all the living people back to before Rashek messed with humanity. I suspect this change was spiritual as well (as the original change must have been.) But Kelsier was dead at that time. However he got a new body later, it clearly ‘healed’ back to how his original was, which would have been a TFE human. Scadrians worldhoppers probably didn’t change back either.

Kelsier smiled. “Don’t let us keep you, then.”

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

WoB is that Inquisitors grow hair.

The reason I assume Kell’s lungs didn’t, is because Saze changed all the living people back to before Rashek messed with humanity. I suspect this change was spiritual as well (as the original change must have been.) But Kelsier was dead at that time. However he got a new body later, it clearly ‘healed’ back to how his original was, which would have been a TFE human. Scadrians worldhoppers probably didn’t change back either.

Possible, but Fused don't change the gender of the host so he might not have

5 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Trans people do change their bodies though and Kell has access to gold healing which can do that. We don’t know enough about how Kell returned to life versus other Shadows really. It’s possible gender identity just isn’t a big part of Fused self perception, as opposed to us humans.

20 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

"Awww. Goodbye, Marie! Can I give you another hug before you go?"

On 4/19/2021 at 6:23 PM, Condensation said:

"Awww. Goodbye, Marie! Can I give you another hug before you go?"

Marie stared at her, then shivered and shook her head. "Not gonna happen, kid." After a last wary look at her, she turned and ran off the side of the building, a few Pushes sending her back in the direction of the church.

58 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie stared at her, then shivered and shook her head. "Not gonna happen, kid." After a last wary look at her, she turned and ran off the side of the building, a few Pushes sending her back in the direction of the church.

Kelsier watched Marie for a moment, then turned his attention back to Zola. “Do you want to prank anyone else?”

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

"Aw." Zola waved.

14 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier watched Marie for a moment, then turned his attention back to Zola. “Do you want to prank anyone else?”

"Who did you say no again?"